[DISPROVED] PS4 version also free with PS+ ? (EU only?)

On 7/7/2021 at 2:29 AM, Tetho_mig said:

Finally downloaded the full game, turns out I'm in the same situation as XpanderFX.

On the dashboard the game is clearly marked as the full game (Jeu Complet means full game in French)

RWzNANZ.jpeg

but in the game if I try to load my endgame save from my last playthrough, it says that this is only the trial version and that I should buy the full game to access it

fIMjXwz.jpg

OK, but then again if I try to buy it on the PS Store, it says that I already got the full game.

cHFzEIC.jpeg

So there was indeed a glitch with the licence management for this game, but this time instead of benefiting the player it locked them out of being able to buy the game... Not a problem for me, as I still have my physical copy, but it might have caused inconveniences to those who don't. I'll contact Sony support to se what they can do about this.

Well, that's all for this story, sorry to have wasted everyone's time with it.

Have you contacted Sony about this? and if so what did they tell you?

18 hours ago, G2F4U said:

Just checked it in the german ps4 store. You can get it for 39,99€ or a free demo. So it's not for free with ps plus.

The problem with this is not the fact that its not free with ps plus it's that for some users there is no option to buy the full game for the ps4 but just to download the ps4 trial and when selecting the option to buy the full game it takes them to the ps store where it shows only the free trial version but not the full game one thus putting them into a loop of not being able to buy the actual game for the ps4 (I'm one of them).

• Like 2

There are two links in the german psn store for the PS4+PS5 version. One says it is included!

9SP37Pf.jpeg

But all i can play is the testversion, because the PS4 ignores, that i "bought" it with PS Plus. Even when i start the full version.

I don`t know if i am allowed to link to the PSN Store.

https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP4133-CUSA10812_00-APLAGUETALEGAME0

The link to the weird testversion.

https://www.playstation.com/de-de/games/a-plague-tale-innocence/

The link to the PS Plus included version.

Just replace the language/country thingy for your country:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/a-plague-tale-innocence/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/a-plague-tale-innocence/

etc.

PS: Could someone replace [DISPROVED] with [MESSED UP BY SONY].

Edited by Arthur Dent

There are two things, that imply that the PS4 version is not (intended to be) free with PS Plus.

1. If you follow the link above, you will see on the top the PS4 and PS5 symbol.

qb5OqZ8.jpg

But in the fine prints at the bottom of this site is only the PS5 mentioned.

HSVKtTS.jpg

Instead of both PSes.

7QBNyhA.jpg

2. In you download list you can see both game versions, but only the PS5 version has the PS Plus symbol.

LHeF86W.jpg

My conclusion is, that Sony messed up the license management. The PS4 version is somehow marked as bought, but you can only access the testversion and the shop shows you only the testversion, because you can't buy a game twice.

But only Sony knows how shitty they programmed there shop.

• Like 1

I am quite certain now, that Sony messed up the license for the PS4 on purpose, because they accidentally put both versions free with PS+ in their store and this recent license "problem" was their way to fix this accident.

Coming from Sony support:

They deleted my testversion license (or from my point of view - stole my full version which they blocked) and instructed me to go to "restore license" on the PS4. Now i can see and buy the PS4 version for full price - thank you very much, Sony.

Edited by Arthur Dent
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

hello everyone, I just experience this BS of a license bug, I saw this game on the recent 74% mega march sales, I wanted to buy this game on the ps4 and in the sales it say Unavailable, i got frustrated and when I clicked on it it allows me to download the full game for free which is around  38.4 GB when it's finally finished downloading it say Trial Version, in-game.

when I clicked on the Download the Full Version it takes me to the store and say that I already purchased the game, now I'm also got stuck like this unable to play the full game or even purchase it :(

whose the idiot responsible for this mess?

I also added the trail version to my library and added the PS5 version to my library when it was free on PS+.

But when I search for the game in the PS App, I am still allowed to buy the PS4 full version and can put the game to my cart.

The PS4 version is actually on sale for 9,99€ until 31.03.22 12:59AM (This is how Sony writes it down in the app).

So it is right to say, that the PS4 version of this game was not included for free, when the PS5 version got included into PS+.

Edited by Geridian
Info

• 9 months later...

new Edit: On mobile app I could select the price option and bought it from mobile app and clicked on to download on ps4 from mobile app. I couldn’t buy it on console as you know.

Now after new download The trial version logo has disappeared and the trophies appeared.

I hope it works fine on the next days and able to play all chapters.

Edited by thesahinonur

• 1 year later...