bud-arc

An overlooked FMV gem

1 post in this topic

I haven't seen many people talking about this game, and in all honesty, I probably would have missed out on it if it wasn't on sale recently. These types of interactive movies should be familiar to those who enjoy Wales Interactive's brand of FMV games, as this is actually a spin-off of characters from The Shapeshifting Detective, and there is an indirect connection to The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (though you don't need to play either to enjoy this one). I'd describe it as an episodic mystery thriller with elements of horror and sci-fi, similar to The X-Files with a dash of Twin Peaks weirdness thrown in. I have a huge crush on Ellis Munro (Leah Cunard), though I've found it's easy to fall in love with these FMV actresses (and I've played a ton). It's also one of the few games where I felt I earned the platinum too early, and I kept replaying episodes long afterwards just to try different options and unlock new scenes. Really hoping they make more of these, so I'm just trying to get the word out.