Keeps Crashing!

t00thless-2ombe

Is anyone else having trouble with the game?

I started playing the PS5 version and it ran great! but it skipped a few trophies so i started the PS4 version but iv noticed that textures are very blurry, especially when mining. It also stutters a lot, mostly when taking off and landing on a planet, but now for the past 3 days its been crashing.

Turn all the online stuff off in the in-game Networking menu and that will fix most of the stability problems but unfortunately, the texture issues are the game's way of avoiding GPU crashes by dynamically downgrading them so they don't run out of graphics memory. Also, you can ease the frame-rate issues by unlocking the frame-rate but they'll never go away because the PS4 simply can't handle the pressures the game puts on it. NMS is notoriously unstable after a major update lands so all you can do is wait for a few patches to be released and the issues get fixed. The Expedition 3 update is due soon along with the 5th Anniversary update so hopefully those will fix the stability issues (which I haven't had many off since disabling the MP) and not create new issues.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Turn all the online off in the in-game Networking menu and that will fix most of the stability problems but unfortunately, the texture issues are the game's way of avoiding GPU crashes by dynamically downgrading them so they don't run out of graphics memory. Also, you can ease the frame-rate issues by unlocking the frame-rate but they'll never go away because the PS4 simply can't handle the pressures the game puts on it. NMS is notoriously unstable after a major update lands so all you can do is wait for a few patches to be released and the issues get fixed. The Expedition 3 update is due soon along with the 5th Anniversary update so hopefully those will fix the stability issues (which I haven't had many off since disabling the MP) and not create new issues.

Thanks for the reply HuntingFever

i just booted up the game again to turn off the online and id just clicked the first one and then it crashed again, i think ill delete it and re-install see if that helps and then ill turn off the online - if i can! lol

• 4 months later...

HuntingFever's suggestion is correct.

With multiplayer off, the game has been stable on the PS4 Pro.

The PS4 version corrupted my savefile. I suffered at least one crash everyday I played NMS. Then one day, I was stuck with the infinite loading screen.

With multiplayer off, it has been very stable. The savefile was successfully converted into a PS5 save. Nonetheless, I'm so uneasy turning on multiplayer on the PS5. Since my test account has no cloud save capability, I have to insert a usb stick. 

• Like 1