PS4 controller won't sync back to my PS4 HELP ME

Jinxcendant-XIII

1 minute ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Hi I used my controller on my sisters PS4 to play a way out with her but I can't sync my controller back to my PS4 and it's pissing me off, HELP ME PLEASE as I can't turn off my PS4 

Try the reset button on the back, then the resync method (holding Share and PS button) or direct connecting with USB cable to the console you want to connect to.

I had huge problems getting all 5 of my controllers to sync a little bit ago. Nothing was working until I saw someone's tip online - pull the cord on your PS4 while it's on. It will force the database to rebuild and that instantly fixed my connection issues that I had for months. 

47 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I had huge problems getting all 5 of my controllers to sync a little bit ago. Nothing was working until I saw someone's tip online - pull the cord on your PS4 while it's on. It will force the database to rebuild and that instantly fixed my connection issues that I had for months. 

I had the same issue a few times over the years and the solution was similar but way less drastic:

1. Turn off your PS4.

2. Unplug the PS4 from the power

3. Press the power button a few times => This will remove any left over power in the system and you'll even hear it beep the first 1-2 times you press the power button.

4. Plug it back in and power it on. Can't remember if I had to resync the controllers or that I could immediately turn the PS4 on with the controller that worked before it stopped working.

Things worked again for me without the need of rebuilding the database and with the proper way of turning it off, there's less risk of your hard disk dying or data becoming unrecoverable.

Edited by Kolm

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I know the chances of something going wrong with your console are slim by doing this but I still wouldn't want to risk deliberately shutting off your console like that

1 hour ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

EDIT never mind I wasn't using the official charge cable 

That's why it is always recommended to use official products in order to avoid problems. :)

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Did you know that it is possible to manually rebuild your console database? :)