I platted PUBG without an issue. Here´s what I learned

On 07/07/2021 at 2:18 AM, Rinku_Starth said:

I platted PUBG on June 18th during a 1 year period. I didn´t had any issues with bugged trophies or weird glitches. I´ve been following the forums really close reading all the complaints and issues this game has. That´s why I would like to share what I learned from getting the platinum with no issues.

1.- Setting Up your in-game options. For some reason, PUBG tracks stats across diferent categories in the game. That means your stats can be spread out between different game modes. That´s why it´s better to set up your game to your liking and sticking with it

• Crossplay: PUBG has console cross-play capabiliies. This means you can play with people from XBOX. This has pros and cons
    • Pros - Shorter queue times during matchmaking. You can play with friends from XBOX. More lobbies in all categories.
    • Cons - More players means fewer bots. Matches can be really tough and you could not make it very far or get many kills.
    • My advice would be to disable cross-play so you can farm kills with bots and get Chicken Dinners easily.

• TPP/FPP: PUBG is divided in two game modes. Think of it as two different games. Third person perspective (TPP) First person perspective) (FPP). THIS PART IS IMPORTANT - Kill Stats are divided between FPP and TPP, meaning the trophy Master Assassin that requires 1000 kills must be done either in FPP or TPP. Each mode has its own perks.
    • TPP - Most players play in this mode, meaning your queue times will be shorter compared to FPP. Camera peeking is when you hide behind a wall but you use the Third Person Perspective to peek around the wall, this is mostly used to get the drop on someone.
    • FPP- Fewer players means more bots in your lobby. This also means longer queue times. Camera peeking is not a thing in this mode.
    • My advice would be to try both game modes and stick to one till the end, just bare in mind the pros and cons of each one.

• Control Setting: If you played PUBG for the first time without knowing the controlls, you probably felt they where really clunky, which they are. PUBG has two controller settings. The defaults one which feels weird for beginners, or the clasic one, which resembles more a FPS controlls. Go to the Settings Menu and adjust them to your liking, take your time with this one.

• Color Blind Mode: The only hit marker you get in PUBG is a blood splash that comes out from the enemy. This is hard to see in some environments. Some color blind modes change the color of blood into something more distinguishable. I would highly recommend to enable this.

2.- Choosing a gamemode: After you chose whether you´ll play on TPP or FPP, you can chose which game mode you want to play. Solo, Duo or Squad. My advice would be to choose depending on the situation.

• Solo: Choose this mode if your only goal is to get as much kills as posible. You´re not playing to win, you are playing to rank up your stats.
  • Duo: Choose this mode if you´re trying to do the DBNO trick. (More info on the Trophy Guide)
  • Squad: I would recomend this mode if you´re tired of long queue times, or if you´re playing with friends. Most player play in Squad Mode, so you´ll probably find less bots.

3.- Gamplay: Don´t treat PUBG as your average FPS, it´s not. Recoil and bullet drop in this game is no joke. If you pray and spray you´ll probably end up dead. Make your shots count and make up for bullet drop when engaging at long range. Be aware of your gun choices. AR, DMR and Snipers have the longest range but also the hardest recoil. SMG´s have a high fire rate but less range. Don´t ignore the fire rate select button on weapons, it makes a ton of difference if you have proper fire rate during gunfights.

I feel like anything else is mentioned in the guide or in other Forum threads. If there´s anything you feel need correction, or you have something to add up, please let me know. Good luck!

I just got my Platinum today. None trophies glitched for me. I really did enjoy the game. I got my 1000 kill trophy at like 1010. Nice guide tho

• Like 2

On 10/7/2021 at 2:07 AM, MoldyGhost24 said:

I got my 1000 kill trophy at like 1010. Nice guide tho

Thanks!

I also got the Master Assasin at 1,013 kills. (The trophy popped mid-game, so I got even more kills after I got the plat)

https://pubglookup.com/players/psn/rinku_starth/lifetime

Edited by Rinku_Starth

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, Rinku_Starth said:

I platted PUBG on June 18th during a 1 year period. I didn´t had any issues with bugged trophies or weird glitches. I´ve been following the forums really close reading all the complaints and issues this game has. That´s why I would like to share what I learned from getting the platinum with no issues.

1.- Setting Up your in-game options. For some reason, PUBG tracks stats across diferent categories in the game. That means your stats can be spread out between different game modes. That´s why it´s better to set up your game to your liking and sticking with it

• Crossplay: PUBG has console cross-play capabiliies. This means you can play with people from XBOX. This has pros and cons
    • Pros - Shorter queue times during matchmaking. You can play with friends from XBOX. More lobbies in all categories.
    • Cons - More players means fewer bots. Matches can be really tough and you could not make it very far or get many kills.
    • My advice would be to disable cross-play so you can farm kills with bots and get Chicken Dinners easily.

• TPP/FPP: PUBG is divided in two game modes. Think of it as two different games. Third person perspective (TPP) First person perspective) (FPP). THIS PART IS IMPORTANT - Kill Stats are divided between FPP and TPP, meaning the trophy Master Assassin that requires 1000 kills must be done either in FPP or TPP. Each mode has its own perks.
    • TPP - Most players play in this mode, meaning your queue times will be shorter compared to FPP. Camera peeking is when you hide behind a wall but you use the Third Person Perspective to peek around the wall, this is mostly used to get the drop on someone.
    • FPP- Fewer players means more bots in your lobby. This also means longer queue times. Camera peeking is not a thing in this mode.
    • My advice would be to try both game modes and stick to one till the end, just bare in mind the pros and cons of each one.

• Control Setting: If you played PUBG for the first time without knowing the controlls, you probably felt they where really clunky, which they are. PUBG has two controller settings. The defaults one which feels weird for beginners, or the clasic one, which resembles more a FPS controlls. Go to the Settings Menu and adjust them to your liking, take your time with this one.

• Color Blind Mode: The only hit marker you get in PUBG is a blood splash that comes out from the enemy. This is hard to see in some environments. Some color blind modes change the color of blood into something more distinguishable. I would highly recommend to enable this.

2.- Choosing a gamemode: After you chose whether you´ll play on TPP or FPP, you can chose which game mode you want to play. Solo, Duo or Squad. My advice would be to choose depending on the situation.

• Solo: Choose this mode if your only goal is to get as much kills as posible. You´re not playing to win, you are playing to rank up your stats.
  • Duo: Choose this mode if you´re trying to do the DBNO trick. (More info on the Trophy Guide)
  • Squad: I would recomend this mode if you´re tired of long queue times, or if you´re playing with friends. Most player play in Squad Mode, so you´ll probably find less bots.

3.- Gamplay: Don´t treat PUBG as your average FPS, it´s not. Recoil and bullet drop in this game is no joke. If you pray and spray you´ll probably end up dead. Make your shots count and make up for bullet drop when engaging at long range. Be aware of your gun choices. AR, DMR and Snipers have the longest range but also the hardest recoil. SMG´s have a high fire rate but less range. Don´t ignore the fire rate select button on weapons, it makes a ton of difference if you have proper fire rate during gunfights.

Here´s a website where you can see your stats in detail. You just need to select your platform, your region and look up for your gamtetag. https://pubglookup.com

I feel like anything else is mentioned in the guide or in other Forum threads. If there´s anything you feel need correction, or you have something to add up, please let me know. Good luck!

This is all true and correct but it dnt guarantee the plat . I did all those things, in fact I played pubg since release and several of my friends aswell . We sticked to one mode and everything  . I'm on 6000 kills or something and dnt have the plat while my other friend got it on 9000 and another just like u on a little over a 1000 . Ppl who play the game since release are known to have more difficulties aswell . So to end it up even if u do all those things It do not mean u get the platinum . 

On 13/8/2021 at 0:51 PM, bdias10 said:

did they remove FPP for all modes? I cant figure out how to select this option from the menu!! This menu is the worst that i ever saw

I stopped playing as soon as I got the Plat, which was two months ago. But if I remember correctly when pressing triangle to select a queue, there is a slider that changes between FPP and TPP. Then you just select your mode and your map. At least that´s how it worked when I was playing.

On 13/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, littleprincessJJ said:

This is all true and correct but it dnt guarantee the plat . I did all those things, in fact I played pubg since release and several of my friends aswell . We sticked to one mode and everything  . I'm on 6000 kills or something and dnt have the plat while my other friend got it on 9000 and another just like u on a little over a 1000 . Ppl who play the game since release are known to have more difficulties aswell . So to end it up even if u do all those things It do not mean u get the platinum . 

https://pubglookup.com/players/psn/littleprincessjj/lifetime

I´ve looked at your stats and indeed you got 3,000+ kills during season 7, (1,102 in Squad FPP). My only take here is that PUBG had (probably still has) terrible trackers. So your 1,102 kills during season 7 didn´t made the trophy pop. My first time playing was during season 2, back in 2019, but i stopped almost immediately. I just recently got back to playing and got the Plat with 1,000+ kills in the span of 3 seasons. My only advice would be to try and get 1,000 kills during this (or the next) season, as it seems they are the only seasons they´ve fixed the trackers. Then again, the amount of time you´ve put into this game with no results makes for no excuse, and probably the game doesn´t deserve a second chance.

Christ i wish i did look the old threads and didnt start this game because i am really afraid now that something perma glitchs on me. I am following your mini guide and everything is popping fine, but there is one trophy called okay you are ready now, which you need to equip level 3 gear in 10 matches that doesnt wanna pop at all. I am 200 % sure that i equiped all 3 pieces of gear level 3 at least 15 times at this point, guess i will have to keep going. Any ideas why is this? i didnt see anyone having issues with this trophy, maybe i am doing something wrong??

On 2021-08-13 at 1:51 PM, bdias10 said:

did they remove FPP for all modes? I cant figure out how to select this option from the menu!! This menu is the worst that i ever saw

From what I understand, FPP is disabled in certain regions. All I can check is North America East, and it's available for all modes.

50 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

From what I understand, FPP is disabled in certain regions. All I can check is North America East, and it's available for all modes.

I am from south america and it is disabled, not a big issue but i am worried about a trophy that doesnt wanna pop, i will stick to TPP since i started on this

On 16/8/2021 at 2:55 PM, bdias10 said:

I am 200 % sure that i equiped all 3 pieces of gear level 3 at least 15 times at this point, guess i will have to keep going. Any ideas why is this? i didnt see anyone having issues with this trophy, maybe i am doing something wrong??

Usually in PUGB is hard to keep a track of what things you´ve done already. My advice would be to keep trying. Remember you need to equip the Helmet, Backpack and Vest at Level 3 in 10 separate matches. Not ocassions but matches. That means going into a new game and equipping all three pieces of equipment. Just keep trying, supply drops are best for doing this. Hope you make it pop soon enough!

Edited by Rinku_Starth

6 hours ago, Rinku_Starth said:

Usually in PUGB is hard to keep a track of what things you´ve done already. My advice would be to keep trying. Remember you need to equip the Helmet, Backpack and Vest at Level 3 in 10 separate matches. Not ocassions but matches. That means going into a new game and equipping all three pieces of equipment. Just keep trying, supply drops are best for doing this. Hope you make it pop soon enough!

Hey man, thanks for the reply, i figured. The new blackpink helmet it is glitched and it is not registering as looted and equiped from the survival data from the game. I had to play squad modes on TAEGO map and pray for the drops to have the old spetnaz helmet, did 8 out 10 , it is been annoying because not always the helmet is on the packs. Thank god nothing glitched yet, i think it is fixed for people who started on the modern day seasons like 12, 13, i dont know, it is a shame to see people with 5.000 kills without the trophy, i cant imagine myself doint that, i am at 500 and already bored as fuck off this game, wanna finish asap

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bdias10 said:

It is a shame to see people with 5.000 kills without the trophy, i cant imagine myself doint that, i am at 500 and already bored as fuck off this game, wanna finish asap

I feel this is why PUBG never became more popular and now is on its last legs. The core gameplay is really fun, but everything else makes it a pain to plat. Too bad, one can only make so much before the game itself push you away

5 hours ago, Rinku_Starth said:

I feel this is why PUBG never became more popular and now is on its last legs. The core gameplay is really fun, but everything else makes it a pain to plat. Too bad, one can only make so much before the game itself push you away

I think the maps are way too big and it takes way too long to get some good action and these trophies suck ass

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 3:44 PM, bdias10 said:

Hey man, thanks for the reply, i figured. The new blackpink helmet it is glitched and it is not registering as looted and equiped from the survival data from the game. I had to play squad modes on TAEGO map and pray for the drops to have the old spetnaz helmet, did 8 out 10 , it is been annoying because not always the helmet is on the packs. Thank god nothing glitched yet, i think it is fixed for people who started on the modern day seasons like 12, 13, i dont know, it is a shame to see people with 5.000 kills without the trophy, i cant imagine myself doint that, i am at 500 and already bored as fuck off this game, wanna finish asap

The blackpink helmet is glitched on my end as well. ~20 level 3 all slots and still no trophy. On the new taego map im still getting blackpink helmets too. Going to keep getting them and hope the trophy finally pops. Luckily this is the only trophy giving me any problems 

On 29/08/2021 at 9:49 AM, Kryptic_NiNjA_ said:

The blackpink helmet is glitched on my end as well. ~20 level 3 all slots and still no trophy. On the new taego map im still getting blackpink helmets too. Going to keep getting them and hope the trophy finally pops. Luckily this is the only trophy giving me any problems 

It wont pop. You need the spetnaz old level 3 helmet. On taego you can find on the other boxes that are dropped together with the one that has the pink helmet, it is ramdom and sometimes it is not there. Thats how i got the trophy