Member Interviews: SonicMTD

Dreggit

Great read!  Interesting, funny, and informative--always cool to see another's perspective on games, movies, music, and just life in general.

Also, thanks for the shoutout, @SonicMTD:awesome: That was a complete surprise!  And yes, your suspicion is correct--I lead a double life and do also go by the moniker ExtraNoWay. B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

Great read!  Interesting, funny, and informative--always cool to see another's perspective on games, movies, music, and just life in general.

Also, thanks for the shoutout, @SonicMTD:awesome: That was a complete surprise!  And yes, your suspicion is correct--I lead a double life and do also go by the moniker ExtraNoWay. B)

You could have said something but you had to be mysterious! (shakes fist)

• Like 1

Nice read! @SonicMTD

I can definitely confirm the "It's not what you know, it's who." you mentioned about your job. I remember my aunt telling me that she could have gotten me a job at a place I wanted to work at badly and told her, "I interviewed with them on 4 separate occasions and showed tons of interest in them... If they didn't want me then, they don't want me know." She told me that's not how the world works and said that my statement is not correct, but I didn't take her up on that offer because I personally wouldn't feel welcomed and would always have that in the back of my mind. I think that's an important lesson to learn that you mentioned there!

Also very interesting take on trophies. Not a bad one, but very different than what you typically read here, haha.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nice read! @SonicMTD

I can definitely confirm the "It's not what you know, it's who." you mentioned about your job. I remember my aunt telling me that she could have gotten me a job at a place I wanted to work at badly and told her, "I interviewed with them on 4 separate occasions and showed tons of interest in them... If they didn't want me then, they don't want me know." She told me that's not how the world works and said that my statement is not correct, but I didn't take her up on that offer because I personally wouldn't feel welcomed and would always have that in the back of my mind. I think that's an important lesson to learn that you mentioned there!

Also very interesting take on trophies. Not a bad one, but very different than what you typically read here, haha.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

I think there’s something fundamentally wrong with our society when jobs aren’t going to the most talented and instead go to nepotism.

It’s one of the reasons why I always felt like I wasn’t welcome in my industry and had to go in alone.

Glad you enjoyed my responses and I absolutely love doing these interviews. :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonicMTD said:

I think there’s something fundamentally wrong with our society when jobs aren’t going to the most talented and instead go to nepotism.

It’s one of the reasons why I always felt like I wasn’t welcome in my industry and had to go in alone.

Glad you enjoyed my responses and I absolutely love doing these interviews. :3

I agree, and I was naive 5 or 6 years ago thinking that my high GPA and IQ would carry me to whatever job I wanted. After going through that whole process, I truly became to hate the politics in getting a job. It's hard to see myself moving jobs now unless I just become miserable with it or someone reaches out to me with an amazing opportunity because I just don't want to go through that circus again. Lol.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Describing Downpour as an improved version of SH2 is a very bold take lol

I’m not afraid of a little outrage. I welcome it. You gotta be thick skinned to review video games. Cause some people out there are toxic with a capital T

2 hours ago, SonicMTD said:

I’m not afraid of a little outrage. I welcome it. You gotta be thick skinned to review video games. Cause some people out there are toxic with a capital T

I'd take a Downpour over the current drought, lol

• Like 1