Packrat trophy

21 hours ago, UntilTammaroYT said:

Hey everyone!

As I mentioned in a previous post about this. I have created a video guide, linked below with all the locations (minus 1 that I just can't find). For me, this unlocked on my 57th collectible and I was playing on normal difficulty. As you can see in the video, I grabbed them as Wrench, Aiden, and the Multidrone without an issue. The glitch seems completely random, where the game sometimes decides to track progress incorrectly or not at all. It does look like the Dev team is aware at least, so hopefully a fix will come soon. I hope my video helps any of you who are struggling!

(...)

It's a nice video, but how am I supposed to compare what I'm missing when you haven't written the name of the data files in the description?

I currently have 96 data files, but no idea which ones I'm missing...

This trophy is nothing but randomized nonsense. Got it on my second playthrough: completed three main missions, first of each resistance character missions, went around the whole map for scanning the collectibles. Got it on what seemed to have been around 60.

Finally got it. Nightmare version, I got it on my 5th(!) playthrough. Purely random, did not matter if I only used Aiden, only picked it up while standing, or without a drawn weapon, if I read the datafile or not, if I let the audio files play or not.
When I finally got it I played the first mission until it was complete, then drove around the city with Aiden and picked up datafiles without reading/listening to them. I picked up one datafile with the droid. The only thing I did different on my fifth playthrough is that I did not use any fast travel. Only drove around the city. I did not count, but it unlocked after about all available datafiles on that point was picked up, which I think is somewhere between 60-70.

This was pure shit Ubisoft, do better. Good luck to those who's still struggling with it.

Edited by Tyrogenic

I managed to get the packrat trophy this way. I played trough the campaign picking collectibles that were around me (i didn't go off the beaten path for them i got around 41 by the end of the story picked up 11 more as aiden so i was at 52 i quited backed up my save did new game and it popped on the first collectible in the vent when u enter the building for the first time.

I managed to get this without much issue after completing the bloodline campaign when switching back to Aiden after picking up a few extra data collectibles.  I made sure I did all resistance missions as Aiden and picked up as much data as I could find before switching to wrench. I made sure I didn't pick up any with wrench outside of mission ones you automatically get.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

This trophy is still glitched. I obtained all other trophies of the DLC but this one didn't pop. Tried to collect a couple more, adding up to 70+ total, no good. So I started a new game, collected everything from the beginning, up to the point where Jackson asks you to so some side missions. I did all Claire's missions, collecting everything in side mission areas and in open areas when driving nearby. By the time the trophy pops I have 33 items in the list.

The trophy tracking for this game is so unbelievably janky. As a heads up it popped for me at about 50 files using this collectibles guide - the trophy popped around the same time as the guy who narrates the guide

• I made sure I was online 100% of the time - but I regularly logged out of the game and uploaded my save to the Ubisoft cloud + the PSN cloud - i think this also helped refresh the connection to the Ubisoft servers too.
  • I tried to do as much of it in one sitting as possible.
  • I played the main story exclusively picking up everything as I went.
  • If I picked up an audio-log I would wait for the whole thing to finish before moving on to another.
  • I tried to not pick any logs up while story audio dialog was playing during missions
  • I used the spider-bot to pick up some logs
  • When the story pauses itself and asks you to do side missions - I went solely with the Angel Lopez missions - again picking everything up as I went.
  • After the main story resumes and you eventually change characters I continued to focus on main story content picking everything up as I went with Wrench.
  • The trophy popped while I was about 50 collectibles in during a main story mission as Wrench.

Hope that helps folks and good luck!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

• 4 weeks later...

According to a forum post the Packrat trophy will be addressed in an upcoming patch.  

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102053/dedsec-delivery-and-packrat-trophies/5?lang=en-US

Hoping they've identified a fix, but given the number of times Ubisoft tried and failed to fix the paste up/darts/drinking trophies...I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know that only half of the data drives are needed for the trophy. But I'd like to get them all, and the video linked in this thread only lists 98 while there are supposedly 100 in the game. "A Note From Angel" is allegedly in the last Angel side mission. There's also "Recorded Call: Rempart Family", but I haven't been able to find which mission that one is in. Has anyone been able to track these two down?

Edit: I've found "A Note From Angel". Or rather, I've found a video on YouTube where someone finds it. During the Guardian Angel side mission, they go up to the upper part of the ERC, just outside the northern entrance of the office where you need to download the evidence for Angel, and use the system crash gadget. It's just before the 10 minute mark. I'm not sure if the data drive is in the spiderbot vent he's focusing on and the system crash is incidental, or if the system crash is somehow necessary to get the data drive.

Edited by Gethron