Assassin's Creed Infinity Platform: AC Codename Red & AC Codename Hexe

ziggypossum

I already consider many games, including many Ubisoft and recent AC games “as a Service” so I am not sure what is changing here.

Anything that they continue to support with new content through Season Passes and DLC content over a couple of years feels like “as a Service” and this has been standard operating procedure for so many AAA titles for years.

Perhaps it is now starting to be more Season content like Fortnite or Fall Guys?  I guess I should actually read the OP now lol.

• Like 1

I love this part..."Quebec then took the lead with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate and Odyssey, demonstrating its ability to drive the franchise even further"

they just forgot to write...further away from what AC ever was.

Really sad to see AC lose its identity like this,ubi is proving themselves extremely good at making game series lose their identity.Guess this is the final nail in the coffin for AC,I mean can't judge the game before even seeing it but as a AC fan the series died for me after Origins...odyssey and valhalla just use AC on its title to sell but the games do sell and the wave of playas that the PS4 gen brought seem to enjoy them so guess there are chances of this being a success.

Well less games to buy is always a good thing lol.Just curious to see how it'll turn out,didn't expect them to go this route with AC.

• Like 4

Well, that's disappointing. I was finally able to get into them thanks to Origins and while I always try to give the benefit of the doubt, I do find this concerning and kind of disappointing.

I do want to see what I think when we get to see it, but I have a bad feeling about it, which is a shame.

While I did enjoy Origins and especially Odyssey quite a bit despite how repetitive they could be at times, this doesn't sound like a good direction for the franchise to me either...

I'll obviously wait until we see anything significant come out of this before passing judgement completely, but I'm admittedly already displeased by just the mere sound of it. :/

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

Hmm. Thinking about it, a live service single-player wouldn't be that bad, considering that's basically what the last three games have been...

...but I find it really unlikely for them not to put multiplayer.

Sadly AAA games from publishers who are publicly traded will continue to trend in this direction. 

Games are able to be monetized in ways that other art forms can only dream of. Microtransactions are literally a shareholders wet dream if you take into account the fact that the "cost" of selling them are near zero. Just big fat juicy margins for these publishers.

Great if you are a company shareholder, terrible if you are a core gamer...

I have just around 90 hours played in Odyssey and I have already concluded that it is just too much. 

Valhalla might be the game that I will just bow out and throw in the towel on this franchise. 

This just further proves Ubisoft only cares for the money. So the pandemic of COVID-19 convinced them to tackle on a full on live service project? Assassin’s Creed games are already live service, they have been ever since Origins was released. 

I’ll probably play Valhalla at some point but I’ll likely not bother with anything else after that. 

We have now transcended into the era of multiple Season Passes, and now Ubisoft will be doing year two DLC. Wouldn’t surprise me if that DLC will be on a second Season Pass you have to pay separately. 

I don’t want a giant collectathon of boring shit but Ubisoft has little choice after they decided to shift the franchise to a bloated RPG like open world. 

There is likely nothing else I'm interested in regarding the Far Cry series. Watch Dogs 1 & 2 will probably be the only games I will play in that franchise. Watch Dogs Legion looks just.... meh. 

Not really feeling this Assassin’s Creed project. It just reconfirms the fears I had a few years back. They are already becoming realities.

• Like 2

Well then, I’m almost finished Platinuming the entire series. I will probably do this one as well, but I’ll definitely be waiting for a sale unless it gets some kind of serious praise.

im apparently One of the few that enjoyed Valhalla. I’m also finally finishing origins and I’ve been enjoying the combat in that game. 

Edited by Maddawgmax

3 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

And I'm sitting here waiting for them to make an AC single-player game that doesn't revolve around microtransactions.

You can play them all without spending a cent on microtransactions, I did.

If Infinite is just complimentary to the main games then I'm fine with this. As long as they keep making the single player games it makes no difference to me. It's an opportunity I'm guessing to go after the historical settings they said they wouldn't touch like Shogunate Japan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, majob said:

You can play them all without spending a cent on microtransactions, I did.

If Infinite is just complimentary to the main games then I'm fine with this. As long as they keep making the single player games it makes no difference to me. It's an opportunity I'm guessing to go after the historical settings they said they wouldn't touch like Shogunate Japan

Fair enough. I get annoyed when I see the microtransactions pop up every time I pause the game. If Infinity turns out to be a tie-in app that gives some bonus money/items then I guess it would be somewhat okay. I'm just being overly cautious after being burned too many times with the gaming industry lately.