Red Dead Online: Blood Money (July 13, 2021)

I wonder if this is going to have any new trophies. None of the previous updates have so I’m assuming not. I’m hoping they don’t patch out the method to get out of the map with this update. That’s one of the few things I still found interesting to do in the online. It’s kind of crazy how much stuff there is in the out of bounds area in this game. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:

Never have I ever understood this, we are on a trophy hunter/tracker site. I get that people don’t like online 1f3c6.png because there ‘hard’ or ‘annoying’, but common man challenge yourself once in awhile. Just my opinion.

I think a lot of people don’t like multiplayer trophies, or having to come back to a game they finished a long time ago just to clean up more trophies. And with a game like this whose trophies are notoriously grindy and tedious, I think the idea of more trophies is causing sphincters all across this website to tighten up in dreadful anticipation.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:

Never have I ever understood this, we are on a trophy hunter/tracker site. I get that people don’t like online 1f3c6.png because there ‘hard’ or ‘annoying’, but common man challenge yourself once in awhile. Just my opinion.

I can find a million ways of challenging myself trophy-wise rather than going back to a grindy-full-of-microtransactions 3 year old game I didn't enjoy a single bit (the single player was awesome, on the other hand).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I can find a million ways of challenging myself trophy-wise rather than going back to a grindy-full-of-microtransactions 3 year old game I didn't enjoy a single bit (the single player was awesome, on the other hand).

i agree 

8 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Did you take a look at my trophy list before you made this post? 

I invite you to "challenge yourself" to The Elder Scrolls Online and Persona 4 Arena before writing statements like that. 

I haven't played RDR2 in over 3 years and I dislike it when Rockstar drags me back in, the only thing that'd be challenging me is my wallet because whenever they put trophies into their online games they try to entice you into spending real money to finish them off. 

took it personally, it was just a way of speaking.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

took it personally, it was just a way of speaking.

It has happened hundreds of times to me at this point and funnily enough it happened the last time GTA V got trophies. I guess in general there are elitist trophy hunters for all Rockstar games. I think that the person making the post thought that me asking for no more trophies on RDR2 didn't look at my trophies and assumed I was something else. I'm not someone who is afraid of any trophy challenge, I simply believe that bringing me back to games that get trophies years after I last played them is annoying. I don't have the game downloaded to any of my consoles and I certainly don't have any Red Dead Online money considering I spent my last amounts on the split bullet pamphlet when I did the online trophies. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The PREDATOR said:

Not every gamer is interested in challenges nor are they required to be interested in them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Did you take a look at my trophy list before you made this post? 

I invite you to "challenge yourself" to The Elder Scrolls Online and Persona 4 Arena before writing statements like that. 

I haven't played RDR2 in nearly 3 years and I dislike it when Rockstar drags me back in, the only thing that'd be challenging me is my wallet because whenever they put trophies into their online games they try to entice you into spending real money to finish them off. 

Post of the day right here.

Never played a minute of Red Dead in my life, and I can guess the trophy list for this new content would be purely tedious and grindy tasks like Shoot 200 Horses or Kick 1000 Rocks or whatever you do in the wild west.

Maybe if Red Dead Online was developed by ArcSys for the PS3 there would actually be something to "challenge ourselves once in a while" with.

• Like 1

Looks good, I’d welcome trophies.

I finished all MP trophies but honestly had more of a single player experience doing them, collectibles, bounties, and such.  Felt more like an open world single player experience than a multiplayer game with how I played.  Enjoyable.

If they are too tedious, so be it, no one is forced to complete it.  It’s just a hobby folks.  I have no intention to do the several of the tedious single player trophies (study every animal, etc.)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I will admit, I never should’ve come in this thread lol.

My biggest pet peeve with the trophy hunting community is this unmitigated entitlement. Like “Who cares if there’s millions of people still playing this game that would love new content and trophies. “I’ve” moved on and “my” completion percentage, that doesn’t matter to anyone but me, demands no more trophies. Obviously the developers should base their choices on the people that have moved on, not the people still enjoying it.”

I really gotta stop coming in these dlc threads. I’m starting to learn that they almost all devolve into this crap. Shame on me for clicking on a thread about something I’m actually interested in I guess >.<

Anyone who still enjoys it now can continue enjoying it regardless of whether trophies get added to the game or not. People who moved on don't want trophies because it drags them back into it when the last time some of us played it was nearly 3 years ago. Trophy hunters literally less than 1% of the people playing RDO, most of them got their online trophies and moved on. I simply don't want to fund Rockstar's greed with their microtransactions when they decide to make things close to impossible to get without paying real money to get through it quicker.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I will admit, I never should’ve come in this thread lol.

My biggest pet peeve with the trophy hunting community is this unmitigated entitlement. Like “Who cares if there’s millions of people still playing this game that would love new content and trophies. “I’ve” moved on and “my” completion percentage, that doesn’t matter to anyone but me, demands no more trophies. Obviously the developers should base their choices on the people that have moved on, not the people still enjoying it.”

I really gotta stop coming in these dlc threads. I’m starting to learn that they almost all devolve into this crap. Shame on me for clicking on a thread about something I’m actually interested in I guess >.<

yeah, completionist are unbearable sometimes. new trophies are harmless and there are literally zero downsides to adding new content, no one is forcing you to play or pay per microtransaction.

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

People who moved on don't want trophies because it drags them back into it when the last time some of us played it was nearly 3 years ago.

People who moved on are moved on, nothing drags them back into anything apart from their own desire to get new trophies. If you moved on and don't want new content and its trophies, then don't go after them ?

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

I simply don't want to fund Rockstar's greed with their microtransactions when they decide to make things close to impossible to get without paying real money to get through it quicker.

LOLWUT? There isn't anything essential in RDO locked behind a real money paywall that makes it close to impossible to get. Well, technically you could buy your way with mtx to 5 horses and camp upgrades trophies really early on, but it is not close to impossible to make enough RDO cash for those purchases by the time your level 50 is unlocked. Actually, at level 50 it is close to impossible not to have enough in-game money for everything necessary trophy-wise (since it seems you care about trophies the most).

• Like 4

Havnt played the online part of red dead 2 since they nerfed the gold payouts on the daily challenges. Only part of the update that intrests me is quick draw stuff. If the rewards are not just recycled outlaw pass rewards i may play along a bit.

Couldnt care any less about them adding or not adding new trophies. Wish they would add more personal property options.