Final level of awesomeness=Arghhh!

TrulySilentLie

I will start by saying this game was awesome, apart from maybe taking a bit too many stages from Origins and feeling a little short on original content because of it (it was almost half of the original stages Origins had). Now I don't really mind this, but I am starting to feel agitated by another thing instead- the challenges. Doing challenges and having that "multiplayer" part be a requirement for platinum, sure, I can accept that. But unless you are a perfect god and able to get Diamond on all challenges (ergo being among the top 1% of players of the game worldwide) it will take anywhere between around 100 days to 2000+. Having to grind for days because it takes time is one thing. But forcing us to work on this for as much as 2000+ days if we aren't good enough is just torture. I sure as hell hope for a patch to change this, or DLC stages that will let us earn more points the way that is actually fun.

tl;dr

All challenges and no diamond/gold cups makes this Rayman Legends player go crazy

Then we have the other side of it, what if you were really, really good at the challenges, and got diamonds consistently. As soon as you earn that plat, most other people playing and working on the plat would be pissed at you if you kept on going, trying to earn more diamonds and see how well you can fare against the other players. This trophy just turns the players against each other in a very bad way... They should have had set goals for each rank, and a leaderboard on the side for those who want to get high on the leaderboard

• Like 3

I have the vita version, aside from awesomeness, there's champion trophy, requires us to win a diamond cup.

The only trophy I need now is the final level, it's indeed a awesome game.

Now I just aim gold all challenges. I just got one diamond for the champion trophy. But just take it lightly, you will get.

I too have the Vita Version; just finished out all Teensies Cups; I still have a few Lum Cups that I'll clean up tomorrow. I currently need 1908 more points as well as 1 Millions Lums (though I assume that will come naturally while going for Cups). This is a great game, and the plat honestly isn't that bad outside of Champion! and Aweso me!

I agree with ya buddy. I need around 1,700 more points to Lv 11 and around 220,000 more lums. I don't mind doing challenges but getting a gold, signing out and then coming back the next day to see people surpassed me and I got a silver? Boo. As stupid as it sounds, if they released some lum or awesomeness packs in the PSN store Like 100,000 lums for $1.99 or 500 points for $1.99 I'd have to be a sucker and buy it. Would it take away from the overall experience...debatable cause I still want to be on the leaderboards but I just want this platinum. Hopefully some DLC will come out that will offer more trophies and lums.

You cannot watch the ghost of the leader of the challenge, just the people directly ahead of you.

You can try to befriend leaders on the board. When you do that, the ghosts you see are the ones on your friend list. But leaders are also trying to diamond challenges and would see your ghost too, so it would be unlikely for them to add you.

Anyone you have as a PSN friend who also plays Rayman Legends will automatically be competing directly with you in every teir of a challenge, no matter how far ahead they are (at least until you surpass them in that challenge).

This may piss him off, but "Friend" a player called "Slaxlekissman" (don't tell him I sent you!), he's some kind of kinesthetic prodigy.  The guy could probably cut a speeding bullet in half with a sword, it's so nuts how on-target he is.  He tops EVERY challenge within the first few hours of it launching.  Platinum is usually at 1700meters for distance challenges, right?  Well, he regularly breaks 2500.  It's insane.

Good luck following his ghost, though, because he's so f***in' fast you almost wonder if he's cheating.

Edited by Dragonclaw_88
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great game inside and out. One of the best side-scrollers I have ever played. The challenges are a great addition too. They usually feel fresh and fun and keep you coming back long after you've beaten the game. Yes it does take a while to reach the final level of awesomeness and unlock the platinum, even if you consistently earn gold cups, but platinum trophies should be difficult to earn. I haven't earned the platinum yet but I hope the developers do not change the point value or add cups. It's a challenge and requires dedication but the game is a blast to play so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially since 20-30 minutes of game time per day is all that is usually required to get into the gold cup brackets so it doesn't really feel like a grind trophy. Just a side note, I felt that origins was a much harder platinum than legends.   

• Like 4

Great game inside and out. One of the best side-scrollers I have ever played. The challenges are a great addition too. They usually feel fresh and fun and keep you coming back long after you've beaten the game. Yes it does take a while to reach the final level of awesomeness and unlock the platinum, even if you consistently earn gold cups, but platinum trophies should be difficult to earn. I haven't earned the platinum yet but I hope the developers do not change the point value or add cups. It's a challenge and requires dedication but the game is a blast to play so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially since 20-30 minutes of game time per day is all that is usually required to get into the gold cup brackets so it doesn't really feel like a grind trophy. Just a side note, I felt that origins was a much harder platinum than legends.

My thoughts exactly, but legends is better than origins in my opinion. And go everyday to gold challenges if fun and never boring, only the murfy dungeon through. But I like the crazy minion but hate how it plays. Dojo is the best.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly, but legends is better than origins in my opinion. And go everyday to gold challenges if fun and never boring, only the murfy dungeon through. But I like the crazy minion but hate how it plays. Dojo is the best.

I like The Infinite Tower/The Endless Pit As Far as You Can; fairly easy to get a Gold in. Been two weeks since I last posted in this thread; I said I needed 1900 at the time. Down to 1480ish; way ahead of my original timetable!

• Like 1

I like The Infinite Tower/The Endless Pit As Far as You Can; fairly easy to get a Gold in. Been two weeks since I last posted in this thread; I said I needed 1900 at the time. Down to 1480ish; way ahead of my original timetable!

i need 980 to reach the final level, and i added you on psn, but its still pending

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Then we have the other side of it, what if you were really, really good at the challenges, and got diamonds consistently. As soon as you earn that plat, most other people playing and working on the plat would be pissed at you if you kept on going, trying to earn more diamonds and see how well you can fare against the other players. This trophy just turns the players against each other in a very bad way... They should have had set goals for each rank, and a leaderboard on the side for those who want to get high on the leaderboard

People do keep on doing the challenges. I was one day trying really hard to get a diamond cup, I was in the top 25-30. I tried to see who was in front, and the only person I could see on the list was when I viewed it from my own country. This one guy had 330 or so diamond cups. :\ Even if I ended up at like 30th or so at the end of the day, that wasn't enough for a diamond. :(

I always get gold rather easily, and often see my previous day's run was almost diamond, like very very top of gold on the ranking thingie for past days. I'm sure I would have got diamonds if a couple of these guys who get diamonds every day wouldn't do it every day. Some of the times I'm even wondering if is possible to do or not. Like today there was a level I'm not sure how I could do fast. I fell as fast as possible from start to end, and I got like 11 seconds blank, yes I could have gotten 10:50 or so, but 11 blank was by far good enough to get a gold, and this one guy had 8 seconds, almost a time you could get if you only fell the whole way, which I found impossible due to the "locked" parts you have to wait to open up before you can fall further down. Are they glitching or cheating or what? >_<

Edited by MMDE

I too earned gold cups consistently and usually with ease but only ever earned 1 diamond. I think most of the top players earned their diamond cups legitimately but some people had to be cheating. In some of the "as far as you can" levels I saw people that had scores 10-20 times farther than others in the diamond bracket which seems a bit suspicious. Also there are people that have over a billion lums are something crazy like that which just doesn't seem possible and this was months ago when the game was still relatively fresh. But whatever, the challenges are fun anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

I too earned gold cups consistently and usually with ease but only ever earned 1 diamond. I think most of the top players earned their diamond cups legitimately but some people had to be cheating. In some of the "as far as you can" levels I saw people that had scores 10-20 times farther than others in the diamond bracket which seems a bit suspicious. Also there are people that have over a billion lums are something crazy like that which just doesn't seem possible and this was months ago when the game was still relatively fresh. But whatever, the challenges are fun anyway.

Yes, I believe there are some few cheaters. Someone get like 17k meters, when diamond requires like 2-4k.

Since I posted here last time I've got gold cup every day except for possible 4 cups, 2 of them I was away, 2 of them were diamond cups! :> I got a diamond cup in getting as many lums as you can in the western/skeleton world for a weekly challenge, and a drop as fast as you can to the bottom in drop in the jungle drop level. The former was pretty straight forward, and I'm not sure why others didn't beat me at that, but I did do a lot of weird tricks to get it. The latter I basically dash jumped over the initial thorns then dropped directly down to like those "doors" that are close and you gotta land at for them to open. From there I went ahead and didn't land on anything on my way down. This was tricky because you would need to get very much left without hitting thorn at the very left and without hitting big chain that was right under you in the middle from your position on the very right. To do this I basically used the opening of the door to get some speed against the left. Hard to explain, but if you run from the very right while the door drops without hitting the wall on the left you will have good speed against the left. Almost impossible for someone to beat me, still, 11 people beat me and the best time was 0.3 seconds better than me.

In any case, I miss 40 points at the moment. Already done my weekly challenges to gold, so I really just need two gold cups more, but I will probably get two golds more tomorrow so  get the platinum a couple of days sooner.

EDIT: I never did share some of my tricks that probably earned me that first diamond cup. Since it was a normal weekly challenge, a 2 skeleton head challenge, you can play with two players. I did not do that, but sometimes that can make it easier in these challenges, but I can also see it not being useful at all if you need to take the lums in order to get twice as many points. I basically got all the lums in order. I think what really earned me a lot of time was these dash jumps from a platform to go faster and get the lums to the right and above the platform, but then on the ground floor there was more lums. So what I did was smash down after the last lum in the "sky", this so you get down exactly where you want quickly. Normally you don't want to smash down, but if you just dash jumped and still are going upwards smashing down can save you some time. When I landed the smash jump I quickly dash again, this so the smash takes absolutely no time and I get back onto "max" acceleration again. There was some of this in the level and some roll down slopes and jump for massive speed boosts etc. :P You will also want to dash when at the end of a platform or cliff, so you kind of drop down a little bit before jumping. Small glitch or something, but somehow that gives you more speed.

2nd EDIT: Having got gold at the daily challenges today too, I don't really need to play anymore and just turn on the PS3 on Monday for the platinum, but I want it in two days instead. lol

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I've finally reached the ultimate level of Awesomeness. Thought I'd post my statistics to give some perspective on what is required:

Diamond cups: 12

Gold cups: 399

Silver cups: 243

Bronze cups: 229

Score: 6034 points (Happened to coincide with the weekly challenges ending. I've could've stopped early but I carried on as usual. Also, when I had 5994 points, I was ranked 2659th. At 6034 points, I'm ranked 1139th. Seems the majority of players stopped once they had the trophy.)

Enemies beaten: 12,100

Distance: 2,134 km

Lums: 2,595,850

Fails: 4,135

Jumps: 93,500

In the week after completing the single player, I decided to go for gold every time. Which I did, but I wonder now if it was the best way to go about achieving this trophy. As I would spend 25 minutes getting, what I thought to be a safe gold, on the Daily Challenge and then a silver on the Daily Extreme Challenge. But then spend another 25 minutes trying to turn that silver into a gold. I could be there over an hour to get both gold. It didn't happen often mind.

Once I reached 5000-5100 points it became routine, 30 minutes if not less for a pair of safe gold cups. A couple of events I never truly got the hang of though, were the Infinite Tower 'As far as you can' and any event involving Murfy's Dungeon, especially the 'Grab 'em quickly' event. Probably the hardest of them all.

• Like 1

Well, I've finally reached the ultimate level of Awesomeness.

Nice! I still need something little over 400 points to reach it. I'm really glad that this game is so good that it is. This amount of grinding would be a no-no in many other games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've finally reached the ultimate level of Awesomeness. Thought I'd post my statistics to give some perspective on what is required:

Diamond cups: 12

Gold cups: 399

Silver cups: 243

Bronze cups: 229

Score: 6034 points (Happened to coincide with the weekly challenges ending. I've could've stopped early but I carried on as usual. Also, when I had 5994 points, I was ranked 2659th. At 6034 points, I'm ranked 1139th. Seems the majority of players stopped once they had the trophy.)

Enemies beaten: 12,100

Distance: 2,134 km

Lums: 2,595,850

Fails: 4,135

Jumps: 93,500

In the week after completing the single player, I decided to go for gold every time. Which I did, but I wonder now if it was the best way to go about achieving this trophy. As I would spend 25 minutes getting, what I thought to be a safe gold, on the Daily Challenge and then a silver on the Daily Extreme Challenge. But then spend another 25 minutes trying to turn that silver into a gold. I could be there over an hour to get both gold. It didn't happen often mind.

Once I reached 5000-5100 points it became routine, 30 minutes if not less for a pair of safe gold cups. A couple of events I never truly got the hang of though, were the Infinite Tower 'As far as you can' and any event involving Murfy's Dungeon, especially the 'Grab 'em quickly' event. Probably the hardest of them all.

I should probably post what I got, but personally I got like two or three Diamond Cups from the challenges and else pretty much only gold with some very few exceptions. What I really wanted to say was that the Dojo "Grab 'em Quickly", and similar, is so hard because if it's a normal challenge, not an extreme one, people can play local co op on those levels. Very easy to beat everyone who doesn't. I had an occasion or two where I was so near the gold that I just asked my wife to press a button or two on a second controller, like barely touching it for one room, so that I could earn like 2-3 seconds, which placed me way beyond the requirements for Gold... so yeah, that stuff kind of stink in that sense. Usually did it just fine alone though, but they were tough when others could save plenty of seconds by just having someone play using a second controller. It doesn't help that the same few people who get Diamonds almost every time play every day.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

[...] Yes it does take a while to reach the final level of awesomeness and unlock the platinum, even if you consistently earn gold cups, but platinum trophies should be difficult to earn. I haven't earned the platinum yet but I hope the developers do not change the point value or add cups. It's a challenge and requires dedication but the game is a blast to play so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Especially since 20-30 minutes of game time per day is all that is usually required to get into the gold cup brackets so it doesn't really feel like a grind trophy. [...].   

Hi there! Same opinion here. I still have around 1,300 points to reach the final level of awesomeness. What I do is play until I get the gold cups for every event. For sure sometimes I fail, especially when the top 1% of the world is playing... So from now I still have like 60-70 days till I get the plat.  :unsure:

Best Regards,

Edited by bgoede

• 1 month later...

For anyone working on this I'd recommend you jump right into the challenges the first day you start the game. Do your daily/weekly challenges and then work on whatever levels you're going for. The online portion is going to take exactly how king as it takes, might as well start ASAP. Around 2k PTs at 10 PTS a gold is 200 challenges. At 16 cjallenges a week that's almost 12 weeks so get started.

I also saved about 310 points(10 invasions over 3 paintings) in the regular levels because I heard the servers occasionally glitch on poeple. Once I hit 5700 I'll knock em out, backup my save at 5980 or so and then finish it off.

I generally don't have a problem getting a gold on the challenges but I seem to have the hardest time on "go x distance quickly" which is wierd because my only two diamond cups came on "collect x lums quickly"