Final level of awesomeness=Arghhh!

TrulySilentLie

7 hours ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Yes there is an out of bounds glitch. I'm not sure I really want to be posting cheat instructions on the forum

There's nothing wrong with that. As long as we're talking about ingame cheats/glitches we're totally in the green. You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it publicly ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Something weird happened just now.

I took the Daily Normal Challenge really early on (it was only up for like 2 minutes) and posted a slow time (something around 48 seconds to collect 150 Lums in the Neverending Pit). When I saw the Results screen however I couldn't believe my eyes: The game actually awarded me a Diamond Cup!!! I was baffled and had no clue what had happened. I had played so badly that I wasn't even expecting a Silver. The strange thing was though that it wasn't showing any times on the result board after getting out of the painting. The "Your score" marker just went straight up to the top of the board without neither showing my actual time, nor did the board itself have the time goals for each trophy on it. Anyway, after that I took the Daily Extreme Challenge which had also updated just a few minutes ago and posted a Gold time. However, when I returned to the gallery I saw that the game had reverted my Diamond Cup into a Silver one and upon re-entering the painting the marker went back down to the Silver area ? It was almost 20 seconds above the Diamond target time ? I think when a new challenge arrives the game takes a few minutes to process everything during which time all scores default to a Diamond. Man, that was disappointing ?

If only there was a way to exploit this now ;)

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

• 1 month later...

@GTRP_Lancerlover thats just because nobody played yet, also the server doesnt update constantly if you stay in the challenge, it however does when you leave (but u could lose your ghost then on ps3/vita)

Distances are by far the easiest to get diamond on, though they are timeconsuming, most of the time i go for 5 or 10km depending on what challenge it is, ps4 is way easier since there the amount of players is more than 100x higher than the amount of people caring (or have skills) for diamond

Also for challenges like pit lums daily im pretty sure diamond requirement is 20 secs or lower, depends on how the challenge itself is

I dare uploading some of my own runs, for most challenges you dont need serious skill for a gold cup, a good 'mindset' is enough to get in top 10%

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.1.2019 at 5:02 PM, DJ_AdruA said:

Distances are by far the easiest to get diamond on, though they are timeconsuming, most of the time i go for 5 or 10km depending on what challenge it is, ps4 is way easier since there the amount of players is more than 100x higher than the amount of people caring (or have skills) for diamond

If I would have to get a Diamond Cup I'm pretty sure I would attempt it on a Dojo challenge where you have to collect a certain number of Lums, but without a time limit. In contrast to distance challenges you can take every single stage calmly, it'll just take you more stages to get the required amount since the Lums become worth less with every second you wait. Even when those burning swords come chasing after you it's not too bad if you know how to handle them. I couldn't be bothered to go for it though because I don't think it's worth the effort (I feel you Vita players ?).

Anyway, with the challenges I just completed I'll be at 5.999 points tomorrow ? So I'll have the Platinum trophy by Thursday ?

• Like 1

Really enjoyed getting this plat. I played it a few years ago before it wen on plus so there wernt as many players on then. If i remember i only got 2 diamonds but mostly gold. It took me around 6 months of online every day but never got bored. Loved the music levels. One of best 2d scrollers ever

Edited by dannyswfc9

Still got a long way to go, but it's fun to hop on now and then at the end/start of a gaming session and just hit out the dailies. It's a lot less of a grind if you don't force yourself into doing it every single day it feels. Might take me the whole year to get there if not longer, but that's something I can deal with provided Ubi doesn't close everything down.

36 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

Still got a long way to go, but it's fun to hop on now and then at the end/start of a gaming session and just hit out the dailies. It's a lot less of a grind if you don't force yourself into doing it every single day it feels. Might take me the whole year to get there if not longer, but that's something I can deal with provided Ubi doesn't close everything down.

Yeah thats a good system. I was worried bout em closing the servers down at the time but it hasnt been on plus that long so cant see em doin it for a while. I was getting quite obbsessed with it for a while especially wen i got the diamonds jyst in case i got dropped down at the last minute

I think people are demonizing these challenges too much. It's underestandable somebody who don't like platformers finds them annoying and tedious, but it's a fair game. You get a cup for every challenge and you always progress forward. The Last of Us multiplayer is way more punishing and I didn't see anybody complaining about it (imagine you have to do a given task in challenge of Legends which depends on other players, and if you wouldn't do it, your progress will get wiped).

I love this game so much I wouldn't mind grinding 10000 XP and completing whole game without dying, other may think invasion levels are too much to do for a plat. You can't satisfy everybody.

@GTRP_Lancerlover dojo distance is one of the hardest tbh, i got 10km+ on most fairly doably, land, murphy & pit go 10 with 15-30mins of play, didnt get 10km on tower, on dojo neither, there my best is 7600, and that already took more than 35 mins, so for dojos the hardest part is to not mess up for a very long time, in the rest a mistake can be recovered, but dojos are brutal in this, a single mistake at some rooms really makes them near impossible to do

& 10km on tower is a bit because of the same reason, although that has more glitchy parts & that eventually kills everyone 

23 hours ago, sashamence said:

The Last of Us multiplayer is way more punishing and I didn't see anybody complaining about it

There's really no comparison between the two. I've done The Last of Us twice, and the online took me only a few days each time. There are enough challenges that are easy enough to complete for even a mediocre player, and you can "skip" every 2-3 matches. With this, unless you're miraculously getting Diamonds, you will be playing for months...

• Like 1

When I did this I just went on each day and got whatever silver or gold cup I could manage on my first try and that was that. I'd turn it off and do something else. I never tried for a diamond for hours or anything like that. I just loaded it, played what was available, and was done. 

It took a few months I guess, but I got closer each day!