LoveInHell

Is this platinum for RE veterans only?

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am wondering this because the only RE’s I’ve played is Resident Evil 2 Remake and 7. If this platinum is too difficult for a noob like me, then I wonder what RE I should start of with to get used to the franchise. I wanted to do them chronologically but… the trophies of this game are frightening and the camera angles is something I’ve got to get used to still.

They just seem so impossible right now haha… 🥴

Edited by LoveInHell

I've been wondering this myself but based off everything I've heard and looked into RE 3 sounds pretty easy one in general and I'd imagine a good place to start the quest.

This is my favorite Franchise and I think RE 5 would be the best one to jump into if you are looking for the Platinum. It has checkpoints and a great Co Op system.

Posted (edited)

It's not as hard as you might think, it takes alot of play throughs to get the Platinum and by a certain point you will have mastered it. I actually think the hardest trophies out of all the Resident Evil games I have played is the DLC for 7, some of that stuff was really difficult. This, not so much it's a solid 6/10 imo.

Edited by tpepper1985

If you are lookin at the story the best way to play is 0,1,2,3,Code Veronica,4,5,Rev 1,6,Rev 2, 7, then 8

If you are looking at play style on modern consoles:

0 and 1 are the old style tank Controls Fixed Camera (OG Style)

2 Remake, 3 Remake, 4,5,6, Rev 1 and 2 are all 3rd person over the shoulder. (4, and 5 you cant walk and shoot......again OG Style)

7 and 8 are FPS 

They are all great in their own way and build an amazing Universe. The trophy lists require multiple playthroughs, knife only runs, speed runs, and playing on the hardest difficulties so I wouldnt say they are easy, but once you play through them a few times you get the hang of it. 

6 minutes ago, ResidentDarrell said:

If you are lookin at the story the best way to play is 0,1,2,3,Code Veronica,4,5,Rev 1,6,Rev 2, 7, then 8

If you are looking at play style on modern consoles:

0 and 1 are the old style tank Controls Fixed Camera (OG Style)

2 Remake, 3 Remake, 4,5,6, Rev 1 and 2 are all 3rd person over the shoulder. (4, and 5 you cant walk and shoot......again OG Style)

7 and 8 are FPS 

They are all great in their own way and build an amazing Universe. The trophy lists require multiple playthroughs, knife only runs, speed runs, and playing on the hardest difficulties so I wouldnt say they are easy, but once you play through them a few times you get the hang of it. 

Yeah the knife only runs… I looked at the guide here and step 1 already starts off with a knife only run on easy. I’m doing that now but it feels so unsafe. 😩 The guide seems not very “beginner friendly” or I’m just really bad. When I got the plat for RE2 Remake, it wasn’t difficult. I don’t feel confident with this game at all, lol. I died from ONE dog on my knife run and forgot to save. And now the speedrun looks impossible…

22 minutes ago, ResidentDarrell said:

It has checkpoints and a great Co Op system.

I WISH this game had checkpoints dear Lord!!

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Yeah the knife only runs… I looked at the guide here and step 1 already starts off with a knife only run on easy. I’m doing that now but it feels so unsafe. 😩 The guide seems not very “beginner friendly” or I’m just really bad. When I got the plat for RE2 Remake, it wasn’t difficult. I don’t feel confident with this game at all, lol. I died from ONE dog on my knife run and forgot to save. And now the speedrun looks impossible…

Honestly my advice for any Resident Evil Game is to do a blind play through on Normal difficulty. Just enjoy it, the games are not that long - this helps you learn the mechanics and get familiar with the map. After this go and look for a Trophy Guide.

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

Yeah the knife only runs… I looked at the guide here and step 1 already starts off with a knife only run on easy. I’m doing that now but it feels so unsafe. 1f629.png The guide seems not very “beginner friendly” or I’m just really bad. When I got the plat for RE2 Remake, it wasn’t difficult. I don’t feel confident with this game at all, lol. I died from ONE dog on my knife run and forgot to save. And now the speedrun looks impossible…

To a newcomer, I can definitely imagine the trophy list and the way the game plays would come across as not being welcoming. Playing RE2 Remake, and then going to RE1 Remake is going to be a jarring experience, simply with the tank controls and the fixed camera angles. At least you understand a lot of the other aspects of the games like the puzzles, examining items to find other items located within etc. so it gives you a solid foundation. 

If you are having too much trouble, then you can always take a break from it and decide to go to RE3 Remake instead, which will be much more familiar having played RE2 Remake. 

BTW, the more you go through the game, the easier a 'Knife only' run will get. It's all about building up that experience. 

1 hour ago, tpepper1985 said:

Honestly my advice for any Resident Evil Game is to do a blind play through on Normal difficulty. Just enjoy it, the games are not that long - this helps you learn the mechanics and get familiar with the map. After this go and look for a Trophy Guide.

I will do that instead and take my time… Thanks for all the advice everyone. I’ll give it a shot

I think that starting the game with the "Knife Only" run in Very Easy is not that bad, obviously is not how the game is meant to be played and this will interfere with your experience of it but since it is on Very Easy you can learn about the layout of the game and enemies for your next runs, and you finish one of the independent runs that you eventually have to complete...

Good luck with this franchise, it's very good.

1 hour ago, LoveInHell said:

Yeah the knife only runs… I looked at the guide here and step 1 already starts off with a knife only run on easy. I’m doing that now but it feels so unsafe. 1f629.png The guide seems not very “beginner friendly” or I’m just really bad. When I got the plat for RE2 Remake, it wasn’t difficult. I don’t feel confident with this game at all, lol. I died from ONE dog on my knife run and forgot to save. And now the speedrun looks impossible…

I WISH this game had checkpoints dear Lord!!

I feel ya. In my opinion its best to just playthrough and enjoy the game then return back to it with intent once you are familiar with the mechanics and layout. After a couple playthroughs you will see the patterns and main path. You can do it, i looked at your trophies. You got this

Posted (edited)

I've played all of them over the years on various consoles, except Village, and agree with what everyone has said and they're not too difficult just take getting used to etc and you'll be fine with them in the end. Only one to really watch out for is Code Veronica (If you're using the EU/PAL system) the game runs slower on that system (circa 16%) making one of the timed playthroughs extremely difficult to achieve (some have suggested nigh impossible but not sure about that myself)

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44