MrJAMBA

Visuals

16 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does this game seem out of focus/blurry?

Maybe I'm spoiled by the recent titles like Ratchet and Clank, or Demons Souls. 

Is this common with PS4>PS5 upgrade games? Or is this just the way the game is designed?

Have you tried to turn off (low) Chromatic Aberration?

That might be  the cause of the "blurry" look. I turned it off immediately as its very heavy handed in this game.

Film Grain and Motion Blur and no option to turn them off kinda sucks. But graphics overall look muddy and did so on PS4 aswell. I guess it's their choice of art style.

I noticed that as well so I turned Chromatic Aberration to low also and it helped a lot

It is a free upgrade, wouldn't expect too much, mainly just to let you know about the sequel they're making but it's still a good game and nice looking, the sequel looks amazing so far though.

Eh, it doesn't look mindblowing on PC on ultra either really. The PS5 version actually looks pretty close so far to the PC version, with obvious FPS difference.

After turning CA to low (why was it high? I thought it was there because it could not run otherwise, and had to drop visuals) it's probably the best looking game I have played. But I haven't bought any PS5 games yet. 

Playing on 77" LG CX with sharpness set to 0 btw. Saving for 83" Sony A90J. Low sharpness makes everything look better, and brings out the details. That's how cinema projectors look.

Think it has to do with the art style. 
And like Pavel mentioned above, it's not an AAA title. This title would have looked a lot better if Naughty Dog had designed it.

Having said that, I still think it looks great, the medieval athmosphere is awesome.
Only things that bothered me - occasionaly - were the control scheme (just didn't feel "natural") and that sometimes when you die you're made to watch the same cutscene again. 

But all in all I really enjoyed my time with this game. 

1 hour ago, dJordman said:

Think it has to do with the art style. 
And like Pavel mentioned above, it's not an AAA title. This title would have looked a lot better if Naughty Dog had designed it.

Having said that, I still think it looks great, the medieval athmosphere is awesome.
Only things that bothered me - occasionaly - were the control scheme (just didn't feel "natural") and that sometimes when you die you're made to watch the same cutscene again. 

But all in all I really enjoyed my time with this game. 

I agree with the controls. Also, as I get further into the game I'm actually beginning to take back what I said. The visuals are actually pretty solid. The first area for some reason just looked odd to me, maybe it was the sunlight.

Just finished this on PS5. I thought it looked pretty good for a game that isn’t AAA. The atmosphere is spot on though even if visuals are not. 

The visual upgrade compared to the ps4 pro version is a bit disappointing. Both version run on 1440p, it's basically just the framerate that divides ps4 pro from the native ps5 version (30>60 fps)

On 7/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, Road2unner said:

I have 4 words for you (and an apostrophe): Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Did you mean ampersand? 😆

On 4.12.2021 at 3:17 AM, Super_Mep said:

Did you mean ampersand? 1f606.png

Lol, obviously. Thanks!