Glitchy mess of a game

I was liking this game, but then I got to Savali and holy crap is that level an absolute mess.

If you fall into the pits, you fall endlessly, you don't die. There is nothing down there, you just keep falling until you manually restart from checkpoint.

I found a pocket dimension, opened it, but couldn't enter. It was on a rock and Ratchet just kept running into that rock like nothing was there.

I freed the last monks and it shot me into a dimension, but like the pits, I just flew into nothingness until I manually restarted from a checkpoint. 

I went back to the Monks to advance the story, but they wouldn't open the gates until I restarted again.

They opened the gates, then I couldn't enter until I restarted AGAIN.

I was able to get in, but then only a few of the platforms appeared. There is supposed to be another boost pad I see, but it doesn't render in so I fall into nothingness. I had to close and restart the game to continue.

I hope the rest of the game isn't like this level. Not only are the glitches killing my enjoyment, I really didn't' like the huge empty level  that only seems to want you to use the hoverboots to get around. I don't remember other Ratchet games being this much of a mess. I like their more focused smaller levels that weren't so empty.

Yep my boyfriend ran into the same issues with the endless pit but it wasn't so prevalent, I also seen Ratchet run into an obstacle a few times, glitches and crashes are weird some people experience more than others Final Fantasy VII remake crashed 3 times in my 2 playthroughs most people never had an issue with, anyway if it persists delete and reinstall it to see if it fixes.

I haven’t had the bad luck you have, but I have certainly had some clipping issues, where Ratchet (or Rivet) lands awkwardly between two pieces of scenery, and ends up trapped inside one of them.

It feels like a fairly well polished game (astoundingly so in the visuals, of course) but does have some of the issues that were inherent to 3D platformers in the early PS3 days, but had largely been eradicated since - a lot of invisible walls/ areas that should be accessible but aren’t/ places where the game just kills you without any on-screen reason if you accidentally go too high or overshoot a jump etc.

Plus, I have had some real, continual problems of enemy encounters not being able to ‘finish’ as one or two enemies end up stuck inside the environments - I can hear them, but can’t get to them.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I had some bugs, Kit continually telling me a synergizer needs synergizing (from the previous room). A teleport to the exit that would not teleport me. Probably other things I can't remember. Any game that's not simple is going to have a lot of bugs. Just the way it goes.

• Like 1

My PS5 froze and crashed on the first level resulting in my database being rebuilt. One hour later I was back playing and from there on I had 0 issues. Really enjoyed the game for 15 hours then I was done. Good introduction to next gen gaming :) 

Sucks to hear you encountered so many issues and that it's souring your experience. Savali was probably my favourite planet. The game crashed on me once when I tried exiting a pocket dimension on Sargasso. Other than that, I've only come across a few minor bugs like Clank strangely being able to equip the Pixelizer in the dimension puzzles or dialogue sometimes repeating. Hope we get another patch so the game becomes more stable for more people though.

On 11/07/2021 at 8:52 AM, emailking said:

I had some bugs, Kit continually telling me a synergizer needs synergizing (from the previous room). A teleport to the exit that would not teleport me. Probably other things I can't remember. Any game that's not simple is going to have a lot of bugs. Just the way it goes.

That spinnergiser could use some energising.

I hope I'm not interrupting the process, but I think there are more spheres left to find.

I hope I'm not interrupting the process, but I think there are more spheres left to find.

?

Edited by Torridger300zx
  • Like 1

Only bug I've encountered so far is when I was in the arena and won one of the challenges then died. The screen went to black, audio continued as if i was back outside the arena but when i quit out of the game and came back into it it had decided i didnt win the challenge.

The loading was so quick though, I was back in in no time and just did it again.

Whilst I think the game is a 9/10 (my 2nd favourite game of the year so far) I agree it feels a bit glitchier than what I'm used to with PS exclusive title. I think 'glitchy mess of a game' is an exaggeration, but there are some noticable glitches.

- On Blizar Prime, I had a glitch where one of the Blizon Crystals - when hit - white-screened my game. It happened three times, only way to rectify it was to re-start an earlier checkpoint. Only lost 5 mins, so not a big deal, but was a scary glitch.

- Had 2 crashes (no databuild problems, it just froze and couldn't use my controller for anything - power button didn't help when I turned console back on, still froze - so had no choice but to turn off by plug). I think I've only had 1 other PS5 crash, and ironically, it was another INnsomniac game (Miles Morales)

- One of the more prevalent glitches I encountered I haven't seen from anyone else, but happened at least 5 times was my weapon wheel wouldn't select new weapons properly. Weapons also de-select sometimes which I found it really annoying in some fights

- Spinnergeiser could use some energising glitch, like others have mentioned.

- Issues with entering pocket dimensions, like other mentions.

- Technically not a glitch, but I accidentally turned the language to Croatian and think its far too easy to accidentally set this (its the one next to subtitles on/off).  For anyone wondering, Ratchet & Clank has a specific Croatian language setting because the PS5 OS supports most European languages, but not Croatian. The issue was hilarious in hindsight, in my NG+ run for the final weapons (10-15 mins) I switched to Croatian instead of enabling subs whilst doing the prologue bit on the float. I then had to try and learn make-shift google translate Croatian to rectify the issue, which eventually worked after 30 mins. Funny, but IMO the setting shouldn't be near the subtitle setting which is probably one of the more common menu choices people would ever select. 

Edited by PhantomFear94