Resident Evil Infinite Darkness

TrophyChief

Started watching the anime series this evening on Netflix. Personally liking it so far. Already itching for a RE4 remake with references to Leon and his actions there. Hoping the series gets a lot of traction. Great franchise.

• Like 1

This is going to be my weekend evening entertainment I think, although, I always feel like there is something slightly off about the way the faces are animated in the Resident Evil CGI stuff. Could just be me though. While I was looking up some stuff about the show you posted there, I came across two other Resident Evil productions in the works -

We are also getting a Resident Evil live action TV series produced by Netflix at some point this year/next year, which I was really hoping was going to be based around the RE 1/2/3 story arcs. But when they announced the premise on Twitter it made me way more cautious - "When the Wesker kids move to New Raccoon City, the secrets they uncover might just be the end of everything. Resident Evil, a new live action series based on Capcom’s legendary survival horror franchise, is coming to Netflix." I'm still up for it (right now at least), but they literally have some dynamite source material right in the open and they do something different.

Oh and there is apparently a whole movie franchise reboot coming soon (according to the wiki page - November 2021) too which i'm a little more hyped about and seems a little more in line with the tone of the original game based on what the wiki page says - "Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company's exodus left the city a wasteland... with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever... changed... and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night."

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Hide contents

After the "Wish I had some cheese." line. That's when the show reached it's peak and everything went downhill from there.

RE at its best with "cheesy" dialogue. That line made me smile. :)

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This is going to be my weekend evening entertainment I think, although, I always feel like there is something slightly off about the way the faces are animated in the Resident Evil CGI stuff. Could just be me though. While I was looking up some stuff about the show you posted there, I came across two other Resident Evil productions in the works -

We are also getting a Resident Evil live action TV series produced by Netflix at some point this year/next year, which I was really hoping was going to be based around the RE 1/2/3 story arcs. But when they announced the premise on Twitter it made me way more cautious - "When the Wesker kids move to New Raccoon City, the secrets they uncover might just be the end of everything. Resident Evil, a new live action series based on Capcom’s legendary survival horror franchise, is coming to Netflix." I'm still up for it (right now at least), but they literally have some dynamite source material right in the open and they do something different.

Oh and there is apparently a whole movie franchise reboot coming soon (according to the wiki page - November 2021) too which i'm a little more hyped about and seems a little more in line with the tone of the original game based on what the wiki page says - "Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company's exodus left the city a wasteland... with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever... changed... and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night."

Will look forward to them and will be on my radar for any new news.

5 hours ago, Strike-Runner said:

Already finished watching it man it’s super short only 4 episodes 

Yeah, any news if they are continuing with more episodes? If this series does good?

16 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

RE at its best with "cheesy" dialogue. That line made me smile. :)

Will look forward to them and will be on my radar for any new news.

Yeah, any news if they are continuing with more episodes? If this series does good?

Yes 2 more seasons have been announced I believe