Recommendation for the best build to platinum this game.

Kei_C_L

Hi, I have sunk in almost 100 hours into this game and apparently I have reached a bottle neck in terms of DPS. My initial build was geared towards Earthshaterrer Marauder, but respec during the atlas map exploration into facebreaker ancestral warchief build since my ES build was very squishy, not doing enough damage, and the annoying rubber banding and insane frame drop caused me to die way too many times, unnecessarily.

The died less after i switched my build, but my dps had dropped significantly.

So now I am contemplating starting over since I think I sort of messed up respecing my character.

Is there any recommendation for what build should I go for so that I can have an easier time to platinum this game?

(** taking into account of all the rubber banding and insane drop in frame rate)

Appreciate much for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Check the PoE forums for top builds that are cheap/doesn't require too much investments.

I used toxic rain mines when I platted it. Pretty much carried me to end game except for a few instances where I had to be carried such as grand masters, Uber Atziri and Shaper. Not sure if they are good anymore, but lighting ball mines seems to still to be decent for the current league. Beware of mines, it is click/press heavily as you have to keep throwing mines and detonating them.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2755952

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends season to season. Go to poe.ninja and search for builds. There you can see the meta OP builds that most people are using. You can also see the top builds for each character. But since they're meta, items and gear used will be pricey. I platted this game a long time ago so I'm not sure if my build still works lol, but I heard they took away the requirement for Hall of Grandmasters - that was the brick wall of my plat and the expensive unique maps. Uber Atziri was a pain but managed to beat her on my last portal lol. I actually miss playing this game. I bought a Ps4 pro and an SSD drive just so I can play with no lag back then. Best of luck - this plat is ultra ultra rare. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just went league collected a ton og materials chaos orbs (400) and exalted orbs (7) to trade for the endgame stuff, then used remainder of currency to purchase boosts on what i couldnt for the life of me complete. Only pointer i got, trade for runs.

• 3 months later...
On 29.07.2021 at 4:22 AM, rmsison1 said:

It really depends season to season. Go to poe.ninja and search for builds. There you can see the meta OP builds that most people are using. You can also see the top builds for each character. But since they're meta, items and gear used will be pricey. I platted this game a long time ago so I'm not sure if my build still works lol, but I heard they took away the requirement for Hall of Grandmasters - that was the brick wall of my plat and the expensive unique maps. Uber Atziri was a pain but managed to beat her on my last portal lol. I actually miss playing this game. I bought a Ps4 pro and an SSD drive just so I can play with no lag back then. Best of luck - this plat is ultra ultra rare. 

Where did you hear that HoG is not required anymore? I might come back and plat the game if that's true, I was super anxious about this one. 

On 11/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, MGWhiteboy95 said:

Where did you hear that HoG is not required anymore? I might come back and plat the game if that's true, I was super anxious about this one. 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11184-path-of-exile-trophy-guide/comments

Scroll down and someone said that they removed that requirement back in March 2021. Yea I had the most meta and OP cheesy build and finished that map with one portal left. Fck that place lol. But I heard its also RNG based on your build- you can have easy enemies instead of the broken builds. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 5:14 PM, MGWhiteboy95 said:

You can always get someone to carry you through it if you couldn't handle it, but it'll cost you some currency. But yes, it is no longer needed for completion for the atlas.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Hall_of_Grandmasters#Version_history

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Skelly mage is good for clearing everything except HoG, uber atziri, and shaper. I haven't tried fighting the breach lords yet but everything else is a walk in the park. My gear isn't that great either. As mentioned above HoG isn't required now, I completed the atlas 5 minutes ago without it. I got lucky and rolled Doryani's Machinarium from Kirac on my first Comprehensive Scouting Report. Make sure you take the atlas nodes to get those.

I still need to kill uber atziri and shaper, can anyone here help with that on standard league?