Survey trophy for Biome 2 might still be bugged

Johnny_Stargasm

Hi everyone,

So, I think that even after patchs 1.4.0 and 1.4.1, Biome 2 survey trophy and more specifically ciphers count are still bugged.

What happened to me is that at some point I picked up a cipher for which the count (XX/20) did not appear. So I thought that this was just like most people experienced and that I would get my trophy at 19/20 ciphers collected.

But I just collected my 19 ciphers and no trophy. I collected all the rare ciphers: hand room, orb room near the end of the level, castle structure in the desert, lava area in the desert.

I also had the ultra rare circular optional room in the mountain and the strange thing is that there was no cipher in that room. In comparison to the guide below, I had a cipher appearing at the top of the building at the very beginning of the level, the one in which the portal is, that was accessible via grappling.

So I'm quite confused: was the cipher that appeared on top of the building at the beginning of the level the one that usually is in the ultra rare optionnal room ? Is my cipher count glitched ? I'm pretty sure I have collected all the ciphers shown in the video.

Has anyone experienced the same situation ? 

https://youtu.be/H_1JvCDsIdw

Edited by Johnny_Stargasm
typo

Is the room you're talking about where there is no cipher the part of the video at 15:54? 

If so, I'm worried now too as my game just completely froze the ps5 when i walked up to where the cipher was. I don't know if I had gotten it before or if its glitched too. 

1 hour ago, Nick_Scryer said:

Is the room you're talking about where there is no cipher the part of the video at 15:54? 

If so, I'm worried now too as my game just completely froze the ps5 when i walked up to where the cipher was. I don't know if I had gotten it before or if its glitched too. 

Yes, it's the room at 15:54.

I had no cipher in it or, at least, it looked like I already collected it although I've never seen that room before.

And in comparison to the video, I found a cipher by the grappling point immediately left of the exit of the building where you arrive after you take the portal from Biome 1.

Edited by Johnny_Stargasm

On 09/07/2021 at 4:34 PM, Johnny_Stargasm said:

Yes, it's the room at 15:54.

I had no cipher in it or, at least, it looked like I already collected it although I've never seen that room before.

And in comparison to the video, I found a cipher by the grappling point immediately left of the exit of the building where you arrive after you take the portal from Biome 1.

Damn. Think I'm in the same boat as you. So what do we do? Please don't tell me this requires a full restart of the save file. I love this game but that may be too much for me ?

I finished the game on 1.4.0 10 days ago and I did not see any of this. I would not be surprised if they randomized some cyphers on other rooms (or added more rooms that could have them) on 1.4.1.

I can say for sure that the rarity of the rooms and place they appear changed. On my runs I got the so called ultra rare circular room in 2 out of 5 complete runs of biome 2 and one room that was said to only appear on level 2 of biome 6 in level 1.

Just for comparison, my last cypher after 5 full runs and 20+ teleporter method runs was the so called main common on 8:43.

If you are going by memory, like I did, you may find rooms where you think you got the cypher, but it is not the room where they actually were and you might skipped. Just a very similar room. What I did while I searching for the ones I actually thought I didn`t find, I would confirm that I got the one in the rooms in the guides

Edited by fenris-lima

59 minutes ago, fenris-lima said:

I finished the game on 1.4.0 10 days ago and I did not see any of this. I would not be surprised if they randomized some cyphers on other rooms (or added more rooms that could have them) on 1.4.1.

If you are going by memory, like I did, you may find rooms where you think you got the cypher, but it is not the room where they actually were and you might skipped. Just a very similar room. What I did while I searching for the ones I actually thought I didn`t find, I would confirm that I got the one in the rooms in the guides

Hopefully. Will have to do that before panic restarting, thanks ?