Emmajessica12's measly trophy log

emmajessica12

Nice! Looking forward to seeing your progress. You have some great titles in the Currently Playing list! Dragon Quest XI is one of my all time favourite games. Also, props to you for the Disgaea entry. I am really interested in the series but the game time required for each is scary, I don't think I have the courage to play them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Nice! Looking forward to seeing your progress. You have some great titles in the Currently Playing list! Dragon Quest XI is one of my all time favourite games. Also, props to you for the Disgaea entry. I am really interested in the series but the game time required for each is scary, I don't think I have the courage to play them. 

Thank you! Yeah, I loved the idea of tactical games, so decided to start one (with my boyfriends recommendation) but I didn’t realise at the time how long it would take me haha. Also I agree with Dragon Quest XI, I think it might be one of favourite games.

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

sounds suspiciously like you have a very healthy approach to trophies, and play games for the love of the games, and not the love of the trophies

…what are you doing on PSNP?:jaymon:

…You’ll never crush your own soul under the weight of your obsession with an attitude like that! 1f602.png

But seriously - I wholeheartedly salute both your outlook and this endeavour, and look forward to seeing your progress 1f44d.png263a.png

I know right ? I’ve lurked on loads of forum posts and it seems most people enjoy trophies than the games sometimes. I couldn’t do that, I work a lot of hours and prefer to spend time on games I think I will like. Although when I see the amount of trophies some people have I am tempted to play something like My Name is Mayo ??

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

I know right 1f602.png I’ve lurked on loads of forum posts and it seems most people enjoy trophies than the games sometimes. I couldn’t do that, I work a lot of hours and prefer to spend time on games I think I will like.

Preach! ?

Although when I see the amount of trophies some people have I am tempted to play something like My Name is Mayo 1f602.png1f602.png

Nooooooo ??

No need for that - there are actually plenty of genuinely fun games with easy trophies out there - ones that even rival My Name is Mayo for ease, but are actually worthwhile…

Good luck in your journey fellow OP fan, you have a nice profile and promising trophies there, I recommend to continue playing what you like and don't get tempted by the easy way to increase your numbers, don't get discouraged by the numbers of others, some of us have years on this and you eventually will be a veteran too someday. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Like others have said you have a very healthy perspective on trophies keep that mindset and you'll have a great time getting platinums and it will never feel like it's a job which is what usually happens when you you feel like you "have to" get all trophies, it always makes me happy to see new people getting into the hobby stay safe and I look forward to see your progress Emma.

Burritoprime.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Preach! 1f64c.png

Nooooooo 1f631.png1f602.png

No need for that - there are actually plenty of genuinely fun games with easy trophies out there - ones that even rival My Name is Mayo for ease, but are actually worthwhile…

Nah, my backlog is easily in the hundreds so games like My Name is Mayo isn’t going to be one I pick up. If I want an easy but rewarding game I tend to go for management games or Lego games. Feel like I’m getting more out of those games and it’s something I enjoy.

35 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Good luck in your journey fellow OP fan, you have a nice profile and promising trophies there, I recommend to continue playing what you like and don't get tempted by the easy way to increase your numbers, don't get discouraged by the numbers of others, some of us have years on this and you eventually will be a veteran too someday. Keep up the good work!

thank you so much! Yeah I love looking at other profiles for game recs and have to remind myself that these people have years of gaming under their belts and if I keep playing the games I love I will get there!

23 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Like others have said you have a very healthy perspective on trophies keep that mindset and you'll have a great time getting platinums and it will never feel like it's a job which is what usually happens when you you feel like you "have to" get all trophies, it always makes me happy to see new people getting into the hobby stay safe and I look forward to see your progress Emma.

Burritoprime.png

yeah, that’s what I’m hoping for. Don’t get me wrong I prefer playing PlayStation over the switch due to having the trophies (it’s like I’m being rewarded for playing video games!) but it’s still fun for me. The way I see it, getting the trophies within my capabilities means I’m getting the most money, time and value out of a game as well as having fun!

• Like 1

Welcome! I always enjoy seeing people starting their own checklists :)

I like your statements in the OP too... Fun first, always! 

Keep doing what you do, looking forward to reading more updates! 

Edited by Arcesius

Update time!

Platinum number #7

Ni No Kuni (PS4)

Time: 78 hours 24 minutes.

I finally achieved platinum on Ni No Kuni (PS4) I started this game back in February and quickly finished the story of it. However, the post game grind nearly killed me. Grinding in order to level up my familiars was actually quite a fun grind for me. I honestly don’t mind grinding levels, I like to do that throughout games like this anyway so I’m nice and strong.

However, getting some of the ingredients for the alchemy was a pain. Some of the rare ingredients have only a couple percent chance of dropping or being stole from one or two rare creatures in the wild. This made the post game grind even longer then it should be. 
Also the S Rank in solossuem was an actual pain, took me 4 attempts and then I achieved it, I flew through the other ranks but S Rank was hard!

The battling in this game honestly sucks in my opinion. I hate how you can only control the actions of one character at a time, this leaves the other two free to make stupid decisions/ waste MP and be absolutely no help whatsoever. The amount of times I would be trying to steal with Swaine and Oliver cuts me off and uses something like Mornstar at 30 odd MP on small enemies. I ended up changing the tactics so they were all set to ‘do nothing’ to keep them out of my way.

Overall, I loved this game, I’m a huge fan of studio Ghibli so I loved the art style and how gorgeous the game and the creatures looked. I can only blame myself for how long the grind post game took, as it took me till about 3/4 way through the game to realise I should be levelling up random creatures for the trophy. Until this point I had stuck with the same 9 that I happened to catch first. I did carry on catching creatures when they allowed me, but  that was it.

I would highly recommend this game to anyone that wanted to play it as long as they knew it would be a long game and the battling sucks.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

Update time!

Platinum number #7

Ni No Kuni (PS4)

Time: 78 hours 24 minutes.

I finally achieved platinum on Ni No Kuni (PS4) I started this game back in February and quickly finished the story of it. However, the post game grind nearly killed me. Grinding in order to level up my familiars was actually quite a fun grind for me. I honestly don’t mind grinding levels, I like to do that throughout games like this anyway so I’m nice and strong.

However, getting some of the ingredients for the alchemy was a pain. Some of the rare ingredients have only a couple percent chance of dropping or being stole from one or two rare creatures in the wild. This made the post game grind even longer then it should be. 
Also the S Rank in solossuem was an actual pain, took me 4 attempts and then I achieved it, I flew through the other ranks but S Rank was hard!

The battling in this game honestly sucks in my opinion. I hate how you can only control the actions of one character at a time, this leaves the other two free to make stupid decisions/ waste MP and be absolutely no help whatsoever. The amount of times I would be trying to steal with Swaine and Oliver cuts me off and uses something like Mornstar at 30 odd MP on small enemies. I ended up changing the tactics so they were all set to ‘do nothing’ to keep them out of my way.

Overall, I loved this game, I’m a huge fan of studio Ghibli so I loved the art style and how gorgeous the game and the creatures looked. I can only blame myself for how long the grind post game took, as it took me till about 3/4 way through the game to realise I should be levelling up random creatures for the trophy. Until this point I had stuck with the same 9 that I happened to catch first. I did carry on catching creatures when they allowed me, but  that was it.

I would highly recommend this game to anyone that wanted to play it as long as they knew it would be a long game and the battling sucks.

Nice work!

Great game - but with you 100% - that post game grind is a hell of a slog...

It was enough to put me off the sequel for ages, though when I finally did play it, I was glad I did, and it was maybe even a little better than the first one!

(Without a massive post-game grind to deal with!)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice work!

Great game - but with you 100% - that post game grind is a hell of a slog...

It was enough to put me off the sequel for ages, though when I finally did play it, I was glad I did, and it was maybe even a little better than the first one!

(Without a massive post-game grind to deal with!)

Thank you! Yeah, I think that amount of post game grind is slightly unnecessary! 
Yes, I own the second one and I’m quite excited to play it but I’m definitely going to need a break before I do haha. I’ve heard it’s better than the first one from a few videos etc.

I’m quite excited for it due to the fact you build the town etc. I love stuff like that in games haha 

1 minute ago, emmajessica12 said:

Thank you! Yeah, I think that amount of post game grind is slightly unnecessary! 
Yes, I own the second one and I’m quite excited to play it but I’m definitely going to need a break before I do haha. I’ve heard it’s better than the first one from a few videos etc.

I’m quite excited for it due to the fact you build the town etc. I love stuff like that in games haha 

I loved that kingdom building stuff!

The second one is a little bit weaker in the main story I think (not bad by any means, just not quite as charming), and it doesn’t have the actual ghibli animated sections, but the better combat and the variety of stuff to do is much broader, and you always feel like you have a ton of different things to try!

It does have a real-time strategy type mini game that is a bit dull (and there is a bit too much of it for my liking,) but it’s mercifully easy, so not too much of a deal-breaker - and let’s face it, any more time spent in that Ghibli world is worth doing ☺️

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I loved that kingdom building stuff!

The second one is a little bit weaker in the main story I think (not bad by any means, just not quite as charming), and it doesn’t have the actual ghibli animated sections, but the better combat and the variety of stuff to do is much broader, and you always feel like you have a ton of different things to try!

It does have a real-time strategy type mini game that is a bit dull (and there is a bit too much of it for my liking,) but it’s mercifully easy, so not too much of a deal-breaker - and let’s face it, any more time spent in that Ghibli world is worth doing 263a.png

very true! Anything Ghibli is worth it in my eyes. Yeah, I loved the story of the first one (even if it was slightly predictable) but I don’t know much about the second one, all I know is the main character has cat ears haha. I own the board game for Ni No Kuni 2 and enjoy playing that so I have my fingers crossed for the actual game. Might be a far few months before I get to it though. 
Also, on a side not I’ve been looking through your profile and wow! You have some incredible platinum trophies! The final fantasy ones are impressive!

3 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

very true! Anything Ghibli is worth it in my eyes. Yeah, I loved the story of the first one (even if it was slightly predictable) but I don’t know much about the second one, all I know is the main character has cat ears haha. I own the board game for Ni No Kuni 2 and enjoy playing that so I have my fingers crossed for the actual game. Might be a far few months before I get to it though. 
Also, on a side not I’ve been looking through your profile and wow! You have some incredible platinum trophies! The final fantasy ones are impressive!

Well, thank you very much :) 

I reckon there will be one more FF game in there soon - I’m just building up the stamina to take on the PS5 version of FFVII Remake ?

Loved that game the first time round, but a few of those Hard mode battles can be tough nuts to crack - and I’ve heard that the new Yuffie dlc has some even tougher fights ??

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, thank you very much :) 

I reckon there will be one more FF game in there soon - I’m just building up the stamina to take on the PS5 version of FFVII Remake 1f602.png

Loved that game the first time round, but a few of those Hard mode battles can be tough nuts to crack - and I’ve heard that the new Yuffie dlc has some even tougher fights 1f631.png1f602.png

Oh, gosh! Well good luck, keep me updated how that goes! I’m hoping to play a FF game sometime in the future. My boyfriend owns all of them (I think). I remember he really enjoyed the 7 remake, I sat and watched him play and it seems incredible, I’ve also seen him play FF10 and that one looks great too. Don’t think I’ll be able to achieve the platinum. But I’m excited to just experience the games!

• Like 1

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party on this one.... But I'll say welcome anyway... I was about to say how refreshing it is to see a perspective like this on trophies - then I had to remember that this specific area of the forums is absolutely filled with people who have a really positive outlook towards trophies. Which by the way, is nothing short of awesome, to be amongst like-minded friendly people.  I'm glad you're one of them. I hope that perspective doesn't change either. I think this should always be fun, before anything else. Nice to see another LEGO game fan too, I don't care how old I get, those games will always remain charming I think.

You've got plenty of awesome stuff on your profile already.. As well as some interesting looking things in your backlog, so good luck with those - and enjoy yourself.

Congrats on Ni no Kuni by the way.  That post game grind is definitely arduous, if not a little torturous too ?.. I bet you were very sick of seeing those Golden Shonky Honkers (think that was their name, the trumpety things), trying to steal that one specific material... I know I was :D.  I've actually avoided the second one because I worried it would have a similarly unappealing post game trophy grind. DrBloodmoney hasn't really steered me wrong yet with his gaming opinions, so I'll take his word on this one that it is worth experiencing. 

I look forward to reading your updates in the future :)

• Like 2

On 09/07/2021 at 6:00 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Preach! 1f64c.png

Nooooooo 1f631.png1f602.png

If you want to be competitive on the leaderboards you have to succumb to playing these kind of games. Some of them are actually pretty fun and enjoyable. Some days it’s nice to play a game that requires little concentration :) But it gets expensive so I add them to my wish list and get them in a 40% or higher sale ??

Edited by FocusDR
Spelling mistake

18 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Congrats on Ni no Kuni by the way.  That post game grind is definitely arduous, if not a little torturous too 1f602.png.. I bet you were very sick of seeing those Golden Shonky Honkers (think that was their name, the trumpety things), trying to steal that one specific material... I know I was :D.  I've actually avoided the second one because I worried it would have a similarly unappealing post game trophy grind. DrBloodmoney hasn't really steered me wrong yet with his gaming opinions, so I'll take his word on this one that it is worth experiencing. 

If you do the DLC, then there is a lot more grinding required, but there is a pretty easy way to gain levels now compared to pre DLC and it makes the last dungeon not bad at all for the platinum. Totally worth playing through.

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, emmajessica12 said:

very true! Anything Ghibli is worth it in my eyes. [...]

Except Earwig and the witch, maybe? I’m aware it’s a tad out of topic, and I do beg for your pardon, but this one really made me so angry I wanted to puke. I guess my eyes and ears won’t ever forgive me about that one...

6 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party on this one.... But I'll say welcome anyway... I was about to say how refreshing it is to see a perspective like this on trophies - then I had to remember that this specific area of the forums is absolutely filled with people who have a really positive outlook towards trophies. Which by the way, is nothing short of awesome, to be amongst like-minded friendly people.  I'm glad you're one of them. I hope that perspective doesn't change either. I think this should always be fun, before anything else. Nice to see another LEGO game fan too, I don't care how old I get, those games will always remain charming I think.

You've got plenty of awesome stuff on your profile already.. As well as some interesting looking things in your backlog, so good luck with those - and enjoy yourself.

Congrats on Ni no Kuni by the way.  That post game grind is definitely arduous, if not a little torturous too 1f602.png.. I bet you were very sick of seeing those Golden Shonky Honkers (think that was their name, the trumpety things), trying to steal that one specific material... I know I was :D.  I've actually avoided the second one because I worried it would have a similarly unappealing post game trophy grind. DrBloodmoney hasn't really steered me wrong yet with his gaming opinions, so I'll take his word on this one that it is worth experiencing. 

I look forward to reading your updates in the future :)

Thank you so much!

Yes! I love the Lego games, I’m hoping to collect them all over time. Such a fun game and I love the humour of them.

Yeah, those golden penguins were a pain, luckily I managed to do the alchemy without needing too many of their item or I might have cried haha.

Yeah he’s filled me with confidence for the second one that’s for sure. I’m going to have a bit of a break before I play Ni No Kuni 2 and play some different kind of games. I hope to hear your thoughts if you pick it up first!

6 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Except Earwig and the witch, maybe? I’m aware it’s a tad out of topic, and I do beg for your pardon, but this one really made me so angry I wanted to puke. I guess my eyes and ears won’t ever forgive me about that one...

Oh yeah! I had forgotten about that one. I’m actually yet to watch it, but the reviews and trailer are awful ? that one doesn’t count as a Ghibli film in my eyes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emmajessica12 said:

Yes! I love the Lego games, I’m hoping to collect them all over time. Such a fun game and I love the humour of them.

Yeah, those golden penguins were a pain, luckily I managed to do the alchemy without needing too many of their item or I might have cried haha.

Yeah he’s filled me with confidence for the second one that’s for sure. I’m going to have a bit of a break before I play Ni No Kuni 2 and play some different kind of games. I hope to hear your thoughts if you pick it up first!

I was hoping to nab all the Lego games too actually. That's definitely going to be a fun ride for you, going for those Lego games. I've enjoyed some of them way more than I expected to as well. I really love the Lego Hobbit game... Yet I'm really not fond of the Hobbit movies, in fact I like Lego Hobbit more than I did Lego Lord of the Rings.. Which, to this day I still can't quite figure out haha.   I'd love it if they released a digital version of Lego Dimensions that had all the levels in it.. I think I'd probably buy it even if it was a pretty hefty price :D.

If I get to Ni No Kuni 2 before you, I'll certainly be sure to let you know what I think of it, although I have to get this Final Fantasy IX monkey off my back first haha. I think I'll probably still be failing the jump rope minigame by the time Ni No Kuni 3 comes out ?

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I was hoping to nab all the Lego games too actually. That's definitely going to be a fun ride for you, going for those Lego games. I've enjoyed some of them way more than I expected to as well. I really love the Lego Hobbit game... Yet I'm really not fond of the Hobbit movies, in fact I like Lego Hobbit more than I did Lego Lord of the Rings.. Which, to this day I still can't quite figure out haha.   I'd love it if they released a digital version of Lego Dimensions that had all the levels in it.. I think I'd probably buy it even if it was a pretty hefty price :D.

If I get to Ni No Kuni 2 before you, I'll certainly be sure to let you know what I think of it, although I have to get this Final Fantasy IX monkey off my back first haha. I think I'll probably still be failing the jump rope minigame by the time Ni No Kuni 3 comes out 1f602.png

Yeah, I think having all the Lego games would be a lovely collection, I love how the trophies seem different for the Vita (but the same levels I’m guessing), so that gives me an excuse to pick them up and play them again haha. Yeah my boyfriend has played Lego Hobbit and it seems a better game than Lego Lord of the Rings. I think doing the magic as Gandalf was too janky and the game needed a little more polishing. Yes! I would spent a get chunk of money if they would do that with Lego Dimensions. I love Doctor Who and would love to play the Lego Dimensions Doctor Who levels!

Ah, yeah I’ve heard somethings about the jumprope mini game. I wish you luck! I don’t think I’ll ever be able to platinum a Final Fantasy game. But I’m looking forward to the day I sit and play one!

• Like 1