Wins in Limited Suggestions

WozJr23

I purely got mine from luck. Wasn't taking any 3's, just focused on getting to the rim, I had like 1 game that I actually had to play, most people quit out after I got a decent lead. You could try and see about making a lineup with the bare minimum tier cards and then having 1 at max tier that you're comfortable shooting with. 

Limited is a mode that essentially equalizes team quality as you can only play certain levels of cards based on the weekly criteria.

So unlike Unlimited, you don’t need an insane team - as you can’t use them anyway.

Just put in the best lineup per the allowed criteria.  you’ll eventually get matched up against a not-so-good player. 

If you're talking about this weekend specifically, I would go with DM Middleton, GO CP3 and Diamond Giannis. They're all pretty cheap (at the time of writing this), providing you have some MT to spend from playing Domination and other modes.

If you want to grind a bit this weekend then TT Offline has DM Ayton, DM Booker and PD Bridges as rewards.

As the above post said, most people quit out if you have a pretty good team and go up a little bit. Had a few quits just by going up between 4-8 points in the first quarter.

I saw that DM Booker card and instantly got him. Thanks for reminding me of Offline TT, forgot it was a thing for a little bit. There still has to be a way where you don't have to constantly play against people with a DM lineup and do speed glitch cheeses or curry slides. Is boosting the game late at night possible? Around 1am or 2am?

Edited by WozJr23

It's boostable, I once helped a friend getting his ring.

Go for the lowest overall you can get and make sure your partner has the same overall as you or is only 1 point away from yours.

Count down from 3 with your partner and then hit X to search simultaneously and with a little bit of luck you will find him, worked around 3 out of 5 times for us. 

I'm from Europe and it was pretty late, US servers are most likely busier so I would try it at night and make sure you're on the same server as your partner.

On the other side if you want to go for platinum some Domination games can be quite challenging, if you can handle HOF AI you can most definitely win around 50% of your online games.

Edited by KingTom95

On 7/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, grimydawg___ said:

Getting good tbh.  Also, there's a chance it's glitched.  I've won several games and haven't received the trophy.  I got it on the PS5 version.

Well, was several 5 or more?  Or less than 5?

24 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

On the other side if you want to go for platinum some Domination games can be quite challenging, if you can handle HOF AI you can most definitely win around 50% of your online games.

Agree.  When the trophy list was released, it was pretty obvious that the Domination 594 stars was going to be the main blocker from people getting the platinum.

It is a grind (100 hours of game time and that’s IF you win every game which most won’t) combined with a element of difficulty, beating 99-level players on HOF.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Well, was several 5 or more?  Or less than 5?

Agree.  When the trophy list was released, it was pretty obvious that the Domination 594 stars was going to be the main blocker from people getting the platinum.

It is a grind (100 hours of game time and that’s IF you win every game which most won’t) combined with a element of difficulty, beating 99-level players on HOF.

I've played enough games and got Moses Malone.  That answer your question?

13 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

I've played enough games and got Moses Malone.  That answer your question?

It was a simple question.  You stated you played several games.  I was wondering if several meant 5 or more.  To some several, could include 4, ya know? 

Then it does sound glitched - unless you need to win all 5 on a single weekend.  I don’t think that matters though.

Edited by djb5f

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

It was a simple question.  You stated you played several games.  I was wondering if several meant 5 or more.  To some several, could include 4, ya know? 

Then it does sound glitched - unless you need to win all 5 on a single weekend.  I don’t think that matters though.

I've won at least five games every weekend.  I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, considering the other 2k games I've played.....

7 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

I've won at least five games every weekend.  I'd like to think I know what I'm doing, considering the other 2k games I've played.....

Your wording was confusing.  “Also, there is a chance it is glitched.”  Obviously, it glitched if this is the case.

Sounds like a glitch for those who earned it on PS5 first.  Like it thinks you already have it.  

2 hours ago, Carlisfrin said:

Since 2k has stated next season will be the last season, could we earn limited wins trophy after that?

Wouldn't count on it. 2K in my opinion is like EA, where they make a new game they shove the other one away. I could be wrong and they could just leave limited as a permanent mode, because why not.

it amazes me how i play limited this weekend, where requirements are any version of MJ or LeBron and the rest of the roster has to be ruby or less, and yet I'm seeing people with Invincible Tacko Fall and GO Shawn Bradley. How are people getting past the requirements like this

6 hours ago, King Hayes said:

it amazes me how i play limited this weekend, where requirements are any version of MJ or LeBron and the rest of the roster has to be ruby or less, and yet I'm seeing people with Invincible Tacko Fall and GO Shawn Bradley. How are people getting past the requirements like this

You can cheese the requirements by running one of the Ruby or lower Lebron/Michael Jordan cards. Then you can pick any card from any tier to use in the lineup, instead of using a higher level Lebron/Jordan

Edited by Andrea9281
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

You can cheese the requirements by running one of the Ruby or lower Lebron/Michael Jordan cards. Then you can pick any card from any tier to use in the lineup, instead of using a higher level Lebron/Jordan

Ahhh I see, thanks for that answer. I managed to get the ring luckily after someone quit before we even started the match, never have to touch limited again lol.

42 minutes ago, King Hayes said:

Ahhh I see, thanks for that answer. I managed to get the ring luckily after someone quit before we even started the match, never have to touch limited again lol.

Yeah, they give out the rings a lot more frequently than they did in the first season.

Used to take a good 15-20 wins (sometimes more) to see a ring appear and you better hope you landed on it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, they give out the rings a lot more frequently than they did in the first season.

Used to take a good 15-20 wins (sometimes more) to see a ring appear and you better hope you landed on it!

YUP! I remember the struggle of trying to get the ring during season 1. I managed to have the ring appear 3 out of the 5 times when I won my games yesterday. Like I said thankfully I'm done with this game mode lmao. I haven't been keeping up with 2K that much and all the new tricks or whatever they have so it was a hassle winning lol.

• Like 1