Tournaments on Elite Difficulty!

29 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I don't think so. You don't need to do well in every single race of a tournament to finish first overall though. They are often pretty forgiving :)

oh thanks man, i heard the AI is brutal on HD, so i was scaried of having to win 5 or 6 out 8 or even more. Usually these tournaments are like that on the other racing games

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

oh thanks man, i heard the AI is brutal on HD, so i was scaried of having to win 5 or 6 out 8 or even more. Usually these tournaments are like that on the other racing games

They are brutal but not as hard as the single races. The AI is a little toned down when doing tournaments. So on Phantom it is not necessarily the tournament which will break you but Chenghou Project as a single race ;)

• Like 1

There's no retry, but do not worry the tournaments aren't really thaaaaaat difficult. 

As @Gommes_ said the Single Race are harder to beat usually.

When you get to the tournaments with all 8 tracks, you should aim for like five 1st places, that should give you enough room for mistakes on your remaining least favorite tracks. One of them probably being Chengou.

Also while the A.I. is rubberbanding hard af, it happens more than often that they just blow up "randomly" and don't get any points for a race, giving you even more room. 

On 09/07/2021 at 8:50 PM, bdias10 said:

Hey guys , is there any way to retry the current race you are if you screw it up ?? Like backing your saves up or leaving the race? cant find any retry option during or after the race

I thought I'd reply to you here too. I used to set quite a few records on this game & have done it many times. What the guys said above is correct especially about the single races. The hardest events are Chenghuo Project, Sebenco Climb & Sol 2 since the first two races are the most difficult track layouts in general whilst the last one doesn't have a useful shortcut like the other tracks. You usually just need to win the first few races but it's possible to win almost all of them anyway so tournaments are always easier than single races.

Also you've done racing games much harder than this so it'll just be a nice challenge in comparison. Not sure how far you are through but I'll share this since I have speedrun the campaign quite a lot of times. The ship I recommend overall would be Assegai since it is extremely reliable & was the most effective when I did speedrun the campaign in a few hrs. I also used Assegai when I set records as well. I know it's not a quick reply after we spoke yesterday but wanted to let you know that you'll find this game quite a fun challenge rather than what the hardest racers put you through.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi there, finally just got the last tournament elite gold done last night, with 5 hours spent on retrying.

1st on Vineta K, Moa Therma, Chenghou project, Ubermall

2nd on Anulpha Pass

4th on Sebenco Climb

DNF on Metropia and Sol 2

The AIs in tournament are a bit tuned down on speed, but IMO they're much more aggressive than single races.

They regularly 3-5 persons got together forming roadblocks and store weapons to shoot you in any chances appearing behind/in front of them.

So many times there were chances getting front position in 4/5 lap, and was down to 8th instantly, just because no shield at that moment.

But once you are able to get far front from the racers, then the victory is awaiting.

Although that's a pain but quite straight forward to practice yourself to all the 8 tracks.

I can feel the times hitting walls were much fewer in latter hours and gradually come a chance to win.

• Like 1