LoveInHell

How to spam double and triple button prompts?

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to clear all Extreme songs in Free Play to become better. I know there are a lot of spam tutorials but I can't seem to find one that shows how to do the following pattern:

 

"A Single Red Leaf" for example uses a pattern in Chance Time that I just can't do, it gets me all frazzled. It shows something like this:

 

Overlapping two circles, overlapping two squares, overlapping two triangles and overlapping two x's. ALL overlapping each other in a row.

 

"Ultimate Medley" (Classic), yes the demon song, has this pattern close to the beginning:

 

One x, three overlapping x's, one x and then 3 arrow down x's. It continues this pattern for each button (circle, square, triangle all over, same pattern, back to back, super fast)

 

HOW????????????? please can someone explain how to do these cause my brain just freezes and I just start pressing random buttons

Edited by LoveInHell
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For overlapping notes I alternate between the D-pad and buttons. So :circle::cross::circle: overlapping notes would be :circle:⬇️:circle: for me.
If it's the same note overlapping it's fairly simple, although sometimes you gotta mash quite fast. If it's alternating notes it's a little trickier, but you'll pick it up with time.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's called "dual-wielding", everytime that you see those long sequences of notes that overlap you need to use it because (at least for me) is very hard to hop between buttons in time, so it's better to use your right hand for the first note, then use your left hand for the second note hitting the equivalent button in the d-pad (Triangle = Up, Circle = Right, X = Down and Square = Left), then you go back to your right hand and hit the third note and continue doing the same for all the notes, that way you have double of time to jump between notes on each hand (Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle = Circle-Right-Circle-Right-Circle-Right), at first it's difficult but with practice you will get it (for me it was impossible to do Ultimate Medley on Extreme without using it)

Edited by DeepEyes7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

That's called "dual-wielding", everytime that you see those long sequences of notes that overlap you need to use it because (at least for me) is very hard to hop between buttons in time, so it's better to use your right hand for the first note, then use your left hand for the second note hitting the equivalent button in the d-pad (Triangle = Up, Circle = Right, X = Down and Square = Left), then you go back to your right hand and hit the third note and continue doing the same for all the notes, that way you have double of time to jump between notes on each hand (Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle-Circle = Circle-Right-Circle-Right-Circle-Right), at first it's difficult but with practice you will get it (for me it was impossible to do Ultimate Medley on Extreme without using it)

Oh yeah I know about the double wielding, I can do that but with some songs it just seems so impossible. Like double circle double x double triangle, all overlapping each other, how am I supposed to do that? Ultimate medley is just hell to my hands. 😩 Completing it is no problem but the chance time…

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it is what you mean but if you have:

 

Circle-Circle-Triangle-Triangle = Circle-Right-Triangle-Up

 

Usually when you have those patterns of double notes its a little easier because they usually follow the path of Circle-Circle-Triangle-Triangle-Square-Square-X-X so you go counter clockwise alternating between buttons and D-Pad

Edited by DeepEyes7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, LoveInHell said:

Oh yeah I know about the double wielding, I can do that but with some songs it just seems so impossible. Like double circle double x double triangle, all overlapping each other, how am I supposed to do that? Ultimate medley is just hell to my hands. 1f629.png Completing it is no problem but the chance time…

You're not alone. I struggle with this on extreme as well. I never really thought my hands were too big for my vita until I began playing project diva. I've been practicing dual-wielding since the first game a couple of months back and I've been practicing every day. and it's getting easier. but the doubles still destroy my hands too. The general idea that I try to go with is as I'm alternating to my left hand for the second hit, I'm moving move right hand to the next note button. It should look like two counterclockwise circles with your fingers offset by 1 button.
the alternative is to try and mash it but I don't know if I have the mechanical strength to press and release and press again in 1/16 notes.
I give up a lot still. I wish you luck! an admirable goal to get better at these games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

You're not alone. I struggle with this on extreme as well. I never really thought my hands were too big for my vita until I began playing project diva. I've been practicing dual-wielding since the first game a couple of months back and I've been practicing every day. and it's getting easier. but the doubles still destroy my hands too. The general idea that I try to go with is as I'm alternating to my left hand for the second hit, I'm moving move right hand to the next note button. It should look like two counterclockwise circles with your fingers offset by 1 button.
the alternative is to try and mash it but I don't know if I have the mechanical strength to press and release and press again in 1/16 notes.
I give up a lot still. I wish you luck! an admirable goal to get better at these games.

Oh man, the game is way easier on the PS4. I think you can transfer the save between the two consoles. I’ve been practicing on Deep See Lily extreme and 90% of the songs on extreme are marked as a Standard rating. I’m stuck at a song now, can’t pass it. So… I went to the challenges and these are hell too lol but practising makes (almost) perfect. 🥲

 

When there’s an ❌❌🟥🟥🔺🔺🔴🔴 overlapping each other, I’ll try to do x right x left square right square left etc. So far I’ve been spamming these with one hand with lots of bad’s and miss’s.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Oh man, the game is way easier on the PS4. I think you can transfer the save between the two consoles. I’ve been practicing on Deep See Lily extreme and 90% of the songs on extreme are marked as a Standard rating. I’m stuck at a song now, can’t pass it. So… I went to the challenges and these are hell too lol but practising makes (almost) perfect. 🥲

 

When there’s an 274c.png274c.png🟥🟥1f53a.png1f53a.png1f534.png1f534.png overlapping each other, I’ll try to do x right x left square right square left etc. So far I’ve been spamming these with one hand with lots of bad’s and miss’s.

 

Yes, you can save transfer between the two consoles but since this doesn't have cross-buy you have to buy the game two times...

 

For me is easier to play on PSV, I got tired on the controller when there is too much notes, and hitting the stars with the stick is a lot easier on the PSV since the stick is a lot smaller, even the touchscreen reacts better than the touchpad on the controller... And lastly following the notes on an smaller screen is easier than moving your eyes all around a big screen... Still, whatever makes you feel more comfortable...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a little update: practicing helps, obviously. My hands are broken now though, LOL. I can now spam triple buttons with ease, unless it's like triple pause triple pause triple pause but overall it's going great. I can also spam 5 overlapping (same) buttons with ease and something that I've learned as well is actually LISTENING to the song and go with the beat instead of focus on what to press and where to buttons are going. Learn the songs and actually groove with it! Now I have two more challenge requests to go and the platinum is mine...

 

I thought I could never do the classic demon song with 3 challenges so what I did was practice other extreme songs with challenges attached. That helped A LOT! If you can get a high score on the demon song without challenges, it is just a matter of getting used to what to press and when to press and you got it in the bag. It will take a few or many fails but practice makes... well in this case just good. :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.