Tips for the 200 point Gauntlet Spotlight Challenge (easiest way to get Challenge Completed)

ElevExplorer64

If you're like me and were really dreading the Spotlight challenge trophy as Spotlight challenges are known for sometimes having crazy requirements, you're in luck because there is a one-game Spotlight challenge live right now, and it's on Rookie difficulty. The only catch is that you have to score 200 points in 24 minutes (6 minute quarters). While this seems really intimidating, it's not as bad as the Hall of Fame challenges. Also, I'm not the best NBA 2K player despite getting the 2K20 platinum, and even I was able to do this.

-Before you attempt this challenge, make absolutely sure you have plenty of good three-point shooters in your lineup, preferably Galaxy Opals or Dark Matters.

-Always shoot three-pointers. Since you're playing on Rookie difficulty, as long as you're careful, the shots will go in 90% of the time. You don't have to get green shots to get the three-pointer, but if you are able to time green shots then you will be very well off.

-This might sound counter-intuitive, but do not play defense at all. Let the opponent score as quickly as possible. They will usually not shoot three-pointers, so if you always shoot threes, they will not be able to catch up.

-As soon as you get the ball, run straight to the three-point line and shoot from there. Again, if you have a good player, and especially if you try to get green shots, you shouldn't have an issue getting the shots to go in.

-Probably the most important tip: Make sure to get personal fouls with your weaker players on purpose. After six fouls, this will result in the opposing team getting free throws. This sounds like a bad thing, but this means there's more time where you have the ball in your hands. Keep in mind that if you get a personal foul with one player six times throughout the game, they will "foul out" and not be allowed back in play for the rest of the game. You don't want to foul out your best players, and you also don't want to foul out everyone in one position and forfeit the game (especially towards the end). Also keep in mind that when the quarter ends, you have to commit another six fouls before the opposing team gets free throws again.

-I'd do this challenge ASAP, as a new season is starting soon and 2K might get rid of this challenge and replace it with some harder challenges.

I finished with about 202 points, and walked away with a bronze trophy (oh, and a Dark Matter Eddy Curry). I also got the "Timing is Everything" trophy as I was fortunate enough to get more than 10 green shots. Good luck with this trophy, and hopefully the Domination games won't be a deal breaker if you try for the platinum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...