Hey all, long time lurker looking to come out of my shell a bit

Huxian

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Well I’m fucking pissed cause as soon as someone opens up they just get a slap in the face. She opens up for the first time since who knows how long ago and there just has to be someone being negative when this is an introduction section. INTRODUCTION. How much clearer can it be. Anyone can put whatever they want in an introduction post. If Hasel thinks that PSNP is only for “gaming” then he is not right.

I don't think it's only for gaming. But I also think there's a place and time to have a conversation about one's sexuality and identity. Imagine it this way and I'm gonna use an American analogy so you could understand it easily, someone goes over to Walmart or Target for a couple of years to do groceries and that's it. They don't work there, they just do their own stuff and go back home. And then, one day, someone comes to the store and screams "I'M TRANSGENDER! AFTER ALL THIS TIME I FELT LIKE I HAD TO SAY THIS PUBLICLY". Imagine the people's reactions, do you think everyone would just clap their hands and act as if someone has performed a music show? Or would they just think "so fucking what, I'm here to buy bread". + I know it may be a bit over your head, but not even once have I "slapped the OP's face". If I did, I'd get a warning/ban immediately, because the mods here are verrrryyyyyy protective of females ;).  

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Where do you see someone cheering? People are just congratulating her and talking about games and welcoming her to the forum. Quote someone and show me where someone is cheering, please. You are the only person here being stupid about this and overlooking the other things she posted. “Or what you have in your pants”, really? People almost always put “I’m a girl from…” or “I’m a guy from…” in their introduction but OHHHH dear God a TRANS person can’t do that cause then it’s their “personality”.

Isn't the definition of congratulating the same as cheering? Dunno, English isn't my native language. So, why not say "I'm a girl" if she identifies as one, no reason to bring this up in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

I structured my intro based on other users in this very forum I mentioned who I was, why I decided to introduce myself and why after being a long time user I decided now to interact on the forum and then I mentioned my favourite game and currenting trophy hunting efforts I didn't want to add too much so it wasn't a wall of text that no one would bother reading. Being trans is important to me but not the only thing on in my life but I just thought it would be better to let people know so if I ever made friends here I knew I was being honest with them

Well I think if you're being friends with someone they would be okay to talk about personal stuff in private, at least normal friends would be okay with that. 

8 minutes ago, Aluminium_Sirius said:

z lewactwem nie wygrasz, odpuść sobie, zachUd już tak ma

Wiesz co jest śmieszne? Jestem z wykształcenia psychologiem i pracowalem przez 2 lata w szpitalu psychicznym zaraz po studiach. Mam więcej doświadczenia na temat o którym się wypowiadam niż każdy z tych debili, ale lewactwo tak im wyżarło mózgi że nie potrafią przyjąć czegokolwiek innego od lizania po dupie XDDDD. Piona bracie.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I don't think it's only for gaming. But I also think there's a place and time to have a conversation about one's sexuality and identity. Imagine it this way and I'm gonna use an American analogy so you could understand it easily, someone goes over to Walmart or Target for a couple of years to do groceries and that's it. They don't work there, they just do their own stuff and go back home. And then, one day, someone comes to the store and screams "I'M TRANSGENDER! AFTER ALL THIS TIME I FELT LIKE I HAD TO SAY THIS PUBLICLY". Imagine the people's reactions, do you think everyone would just clap their hands and act as if someone has performed a music show? Or would they just think "so fucking what, I'm here to buy bread". + I know it may be a bit over your head, but not even once have I "slapped the OP's face". If I did, I'd get a warning/ban immediately, because the mods here are verrrryyyyyy protective of females ;).  

Isn't the definition of congratulating the same as cheering? Dunno, English isn't my native language. So, why not say "I'm a girl" if she identifies as one, no reason to bring this up in the first place. 

But… we aren’t in a grocery store or in public. I am almost 100% certain that this person would not do that in public especially suffering from social anxiety. So the fact that they got courage to put that on an online forum, say it with me “an introduction”, is a good thing. And calling yourself “girl” or “trans girl” are two different things. Congratulating is just like “good luck” or “I’m happy for you” not like screaming in caps with a bunch of exclamation marks (that would be cheering which no one did here).

Edited by LoveInHell

Let's put this way

5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Well I think if you're being friends with someone they would be okay to talk about personal stuff in private, at least normal friends would be okay with that. 

Let's put this way if I just called myself foxgirl or even my PSN usernamea and made a friend on here and we decided to play a game together for the trophies like destiny or the doom eternal multiplayer and we wanted to talk to each other mics if I jumped in with my natural male sounding voice it would be very awkward I wanted to avoid that so I thought being honest and upfront was the best policy in my intro so people who did want to be friends knew exactly who they interacting with

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

But… we aren’t in a grocery store or in public. I am almost 100% certain that this person would not do that in public especially suffering from social anxiety. So the fact that they got courage to put that on an online forum, say it with me “an introduction”, is a good thing. And calling yourself “girl” or “trans girl” are two different things. Congratulating is just like “good luck” or “I’m happy for you” not like screaming in caps with a bunch of explanation marks (that would be cheering which no one did here).

Sorry to butt in here, but maybe you should stop replying to him. I think at this point he's trying to get a rise out of you.

Anyway, welcome @Trans Foxgirl ! I hope you enjoy your time here :)

There is no perfect way to disclose this information to people, you are open and honest about who you are; you get accused of shoving it down people's throats and being your only personality trait even if it's subtle but if you don't tell people and they find out they get all angry that you were hiding it and accuse you of being deceitful there is no winning this situation

I just wanted to say hello mention who I was and what I was playing to see if I could meet like minded people 

Edited by Trans Foxgirl

6 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

There is no perfect way to disclose this information to people, you are open and honest about who you are; you get accused of shoving it down people's throats and being your only personality trait even if it's subtle but if you don't tell people and they find out they get all angry that you were hiding it and accuse you of being deceitful there is no winning this situation

I just wanted to say hello mention who I was and what I was playing to see if I could meet like minded people 

Exactly and there is nothing wrong with what you posted. I don’t feel like you were shoving it down people’s throats. Let it rest, ignore that guy and enjoy your time here. Talk about games and have fun. :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Exactly and there is nothing wrong with what you posted. I don’t feel like you were shoving it down people’s throats. Let it rest, ignore that guy and enjoy your time here. Talk about games and have fun. :P

Yeah that is what I wanted to do in the first place

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, bypassing all of this nonsense - @Trans Foxgirl - I dig your taste in games!

We got a lot of crossover in the games department - see you've been on a Mass Effect and Ratchet kick of late - not unlike myself 1f44d.png

One interplanetary saga just isn't enough 1f609.png

Thank you I like to think I have good taste in games and Yeah I like space. I regret not trying to get the PS3 platinums as well but the insanity run kinda of intimidates me and I only like collecting trophies if I am having fun doing it though but that didn't stop me getting Grid and AC: Valhalla and Rift apart reignited my love for the R&C series and I realised how many trophies I missed in my initial playthroughs so I thought it was the perfect oppurtunity to rectify that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

Thank you I like to think I have good taste in games and Yeah I like space. I regret not trying to get the PS3 platinums as well but the insanity run kinda of intimidates me and I only like collecting trophies if I am having fun doing it 

I'm with you there - I did do those insanity runs on the PS3 ones, but was very happy to do the cheese in the new ones, and just enjoy the playthrough for the story and the great characters.

I'm down for a challenge, but there are some games that I just don't think lend themselves to very difficult runs, and heavily narrative focus games are the best examples. I think there is much more enjoyment in a 'normal' run of Mass Effect than there ever is in an insanity run!

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm with you there - I did do those insanity runs on the PS3 ones, but was very happy to do the cheese in the new ones, and just enjoy the playthrough for the story and the great characters.

I'm down for a challenge, but there are some games that I just don't think lend themselves to very difficult runs, and heavily narrative focus games are the best examples. I think there is much more enjoyment in a 'normal' run of Mass Effect than there ever is in an insanity run!

Yeah I don't want ruin mass effect by getting pissed off doing an insanity run I replay the trilogy every 2 years or so  just to remind myself how much I love the series and a well developed sci-fi universe in general

• Like 1

Welcome to the site, I noticed that you have gotten trophies for Ace Combat Infinity within the same time frame that i was grinding it out too, there's a good chance we already played together if you liked Area B7R Dogfight. You have a pretty great collection already.

7 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Welcome to the site, I noticed that you have gotten trophies for Ace Combat Infinity within the same time frame that i was grinding it out too, there's a good chance we already played together if you liked Area B7R Dogfight. You have a pretty great collection already.

Thank you and very likely I was trying to get the remaining trophies before the servers shut but that was one hell of a grind and I didn't fully appreciate Infinity at the time due to the free to play mechanics and being on the PS3 but I am surprised how much I miss it espcially with AC7 multiplayer being so much more limited in comaparison

I think it's probably up to the person on when they feel comfortable with sharing that they are gay, trans, bi, etc. I don't think there's a problem sharing it immediately, and I don't think there's a problem telling someone 3 years later. It's different for everyone. I wouldn't sweat it too much!

Anyways, welcome to the site. Feel free to reach out if I can help you with anything or have any questions about the forums.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kale said:

Welcome and enjoy PSNP @Trans Foxgirl:)

Thank you I have been using the site for 7 years now and I been loving it the entire time from the profiles themselves, the guides and the forum itself have been so useful through out the years. just think it would be nice to contribute to the website as well 

16 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Welcome.  Be who you want to be. Enjoy gaming. Enjoy the site. Good luck with your transition.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Don't sweat it. I'm indifferent to a lot. More so live by a "you do you" mantra

Thank you, yeah I live by a similar mantra they're entitled to they're opinion doesn't bother me tbh I explained why I mentioned it and strutured it the way I did, I am still learning how to reintegrate myself without ruffling any feathers and in hindsight I should have probably written it slightly differently but live and learn 

Edited by Trans Foxgirl
missing word
  • Like 4

It looks I'm pretty late to the party but I hope you enjoy the site. You seem awesome. Best of luck with your time here and with your gaming journey in general. If you need any help with any games or anything, please feel free to hit me up. Me and my small crew would be happy to meet ya

6 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

It looks I'm pretty late to the party but I hope you enjoy the site. You seem awesome. Best of luck with your time here and with your gaming journey in general. If you need any help with any games or anything, please feel free to hit me up. Me and my small crew would be happy to meet ya

Thank you I appreciate it, that would be nice I am always happy to meet new people, just never been the best at reaching out 

Oh thank you to everyone else who has welcomed me as well that I haven't directly replied to in this thread sorry if it seems like I have ignored you, I've never been much of a forum user anywhere and in the hubbub earlier I lost track

11 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

Thank you I appreciate it, that would be nice I am always happy to meet new people, just never been the best at reaching out 

Oh thank you to everyone else who has welcomed me as well that I haven't directly replied to in this thread sorry if it seems like I have ignored you, I've never been much of a forum user anywhere and in the hubbub earlier I lost track

That's cool, no reach out necessary. If you'd like a gamer friend or two, I'd be happy to chat you up once in a while. My little group doesn't have any room for hate so you're certainly welcome at any time. let me know if you'd like me to add ya on PSN/discord or whatever ^_^

7 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

That's cool, no reach out necessary. If you'd like a gamer friend or two, I'd be happy to chat you up once in a while. My little group doesn't have any room for hate so you're certainly welcome at any time. let me know if you'd like me to add ya on PSN/discord or whatever ^_^

Sure I would be happy to