The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

I think my avatar represents it pretty well. :) I watched the whole dang first season on Netflix last Sunday, and now I'm getting into the habit of bunching episodes up and having mini-Walking Dead marathons every so often. Watching episodes 1 and 2 of the second season as I write this actually.

The show follows a group of survivors in a zombie apocolypse, more or less. Surviving zombie attacks, getting along with eachother, dealing with loss and hardship, trying to find a safe haven and all the drama and horror that comes with that. For an episodic TV series, it has excellent production value... better than most zombie movies you'd find. The writing is good, it's well acted, the zombies are brutal to look at. It's got pretty much everything you could ask for. I recommend it if you're into zombie flicks with a solid ongoing story.

To put it into perspective, it's like Dead Island... except more like "Dead Georgia". :P Definitely gets me in the mood for a good zombie game, if only Dead Island were properly local coop and didn't have the nagging bugs and glitches.

Anyways, any fans around?

• Like 4

For an episodic TV series, it has excellent production value... better than most zombie movies you'd find. The writing is good, it's well acted, the zombies are brutal to look at. It's got pretty much everything you could ask for. I recommend it if you're into zombie flicks with a solid ongoing story.

I agree 100% with that statement!

Big time The Walking Dead fan here, and it is one fo the few TVseries I enjoy and have been waiting for!

• Like 1

Awesome series. I too also recommend. I had missed a few episodes but I too caught the marathon they had last week and currently up to date on it. will be missing tonight's episode. but will catch it online somewhere. great zombies, great acting. awesome characters. if you haven't yet ya need to catch a episode.

Nice to see some other fans around here!

I'm surprised honestly someone hasn't attempted the zombie outbreak TV series before... or if they have why I haven't heard of it. The premise has so much potential. All hell is breaking loose and you have a group of different characters from different backgrounds with different ideas of right and wrong. People live, people die, they come across new survivors which can add new dynamics to the group and story elements. They could really go anywhere with it, which is probably one of the many reasons they'll keep reeling me in every week.

Season 2 spoilers abound...

I hope they kill Carl off. Not because I have some morbid fascination with the innocent dying, just because I badly want this show to keep it's "we'll kill off anyone if it keeps the plot going" edge. There shouldn't be feel-good endings or pandering to those that want one! ;)

You should pick up the Image comic book series, I've been reading since issue 1 and its fantastic. The great thing is, even after reading as much of it as I have, the TV series has had some nice little twists to it that hasnt strayed too far from the source material, but has been different enough to have me second guessing at times. Dreakon, as for your spoiler, I'll mention no names, no deaths, but with this series, truly no one is safe.

I've heard it wont be happening until series 3, but I really want to see Michonne turn up in the series. In fact, theres a whole slew of characters that I cant wait to see if they show up in some capacity.

I just started watching the show this season (season 2) So far so good. Episode 2 was kind of a snoozer and I'm looking forward to catching up on episode 3 tonight :D So many damn commercials though x_x I would advise anyone who has the capability, to record it or watch it 'On Demand' so you can fast forward through the 20 minutes of commercials. That will allow for more gaming time :holy:

As far as the anyone can die I think last nights episode proved that.

Damnit, you guys encouraged me to watch the third episode of the season tonight! Gonna be a pretty shoddy mini-marathon next Sunday. ;)

(episode 3 spoilers)

I don't think the episode proved they're willing to kill of anyone. Who cares about Otis lol. But man... I feel like Shane is going to be a problem.

If you've not seen S02E03 dont read below. Also if you're planning on reading the books, you may also want to give this post a miss.

Shane, Shane, Shane... they really are doing it. turning Shane into the dark bastard he became shortly before his death in the books. Looks like they are taking a different path and may just make Shane the one who is willing to do whatever it takes, but what ever keeps the guy that plays him in the show around as long as possible is fine by me.

Hershel's family also seems to be reduced (where are the Twins and Billy?) already. I would love it if they could bring the scene in the barn from the books, to the show.

And finally was that the prison that Rick was hinting at (yeah, I know he doesnt know about the place yet, but it could have been a treat for the fans!) when talking to Lori about a place of their own in the future?

All in all though, cannot wait until S02E04.

If you've not seen S02E03 dont read below. Also if your planning on reading the books, you may also want to give this post a miss.

Shane, Shane, Shane... they really are doing it. turning Shane into the dark bastard he became shortly before his death in the books. Looks like they are taking a different path and may just make Shane the one who is willing to do whatever it takes, but what ever keeps the guy that plays him in the show around as long as possible is fine by me.

Hershel's family also seems to be reduced (where are the Twins and Billy?) already. I would love it if they could bring the scene in the barn from the books, to the show.

And finally was that the prison that Rick was hinting at (yeah, I know he doesnt know about the place yet, but it could have been a treat for the fans!) when talking to Lori about a place of their own in the future?

All in all though, cannot wait until S02E04.

thanks for the heads up and using the spoilers :rolleyes: . looking forward to seeing it. had to work a 9pm-5am last night.

I like it. It's not really faithfull to the comics, but the core story is still there. They do like to add a lot of misc stuff, though, which is kind of annoying when you want to see how they work out the Governor part, but it still delivers to both new and old fans. Will watch Episode 3 of the second season tomorrow.

I started watching this not too long ago and just today caught up and watched S02E03. Up to now it is really interesting, I'm loving just everything about it. One thing I don't like is Lori, something about her I just don't like too much, kind of bitchy.

Some spoiler below, don't click if you haven't watched all episodes.

I'm really anxious to see how things play along when Rick finds out about Shane and Lori's relationship after he told her he was dead. I'm thinking it's going to lead to a fight and/or a massive fall out. That's if Rick does ever find out, or one of them dies, or Shane does leave the group (Which I don't think he will go through with after what happened to Carl, he'll probably feel selfish leaving him).

Also, what Shane did to Otis was so shocking, definitely wasn't expecting that at all. But, I can see why he did it, the guy was fat and slowing the both of them down. The way I see it, if he didn't let the walkers feast on him, they would have both died, and obviously Carl would have died as well. I think he'll stay quiet about what he did till the guilt overtakes him and it will lead to an uncomfortable relationship between the group.

• Like 1

watching season 2 episode 3, rite now. can't wait any longer. those spoilers are becoming too tempting.nervous-2.gif

edit : WoWshocked.gif. that's all I gotta say. straight edge of your seat Drama. can't wait for the next episode.

Also, what Shane did to Otis was so shocking, definitely wasn't expecting that at all. But, I can see why he did it, the guy was fat and slowing the both of them down. The way I see it, if he didn't let the walkers feast on him, they would have both died, and obviously Carl would have died as well. I think he'll stay quiet about what he did till the guilt overtakes him and it will lead to an uncomfortable relationship between the group.

actually, Shane was the 1 that was slowing them down. he had hurt his ankle falling out the window. he shot Otis after Otis came back and saved his life. and when Otis wouldn't go down quietly he beat da shit outta him. they been in tighter situations than that and survived. I think they would have made it. they had plenty room to think.he just jumped on the 1st thought that came in his head. really, I can't wait till something real dirty happens to him. but I'm guessing that will be long off. too soon and that takes most of the drama out of it. but he definitely a douchbag for shitting on Otis.

Although a little slower I think we've just seen the setup for two storylines. I'm not even going to put them in spoilers though, it could ruin the series for people in regards to one of them. They are definately treating the source material with the respect it deserves, and still going down a different enough path to keep me wondering.

They are definately treating the source material with the respect it deserves

I had never even heard fo the graphic novels until the show was released. Is the series stying close to the printed version then?

I know in the case of True Blood, they went way, way....way off the original books.

I had never even heard fo the graphic novels until the show was released. Is the series stying close to the printed version then?

I know in the case of True Blood, they went way, way....way off the original books.

Yes and No really Wade. (Didnt help much did it?!) In terms of its pacing, the way it tells it's story and the main characters, very much so. However the TV show has taken a different direction from the books in a few places which has made the show stronger rather than weaker. As I've mentioned in earlier posts, its similar enough to keep the fanboys happy and different enough to keep fans interested.

So far every character in the book (that has survived) has changed so much over the years based on their circumstances. Every character that has been shown in the TV series from the book, has hit the nail on the head in terms of the type of character each were 7 years ago. I can only hope that Kirkman pays attention to this and develops them in the same way as they experience more in the show. Also, the character(s) that didnt exist in the book, that are in the show are being developed really well.

Time will tell, and you've also got to know/remember, I'm a bit of a Kirkman dick rider, the guy can do no wrong in my eyes, so my view of it may be a little biased!!

• Like 1