The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

I thought it was ok, seeing that Gabriel can actually fight for his life was good, Rick had some great dialogues and fight scenes, the most interesting part by far was Morgan, that guy is awesome now (he was kinda lame last seasons). What I didn't like, was the silly way the old man died, it had the same vibe as Beth's death, dying by struggling in such and awkward way is....well, awkward.

And I agree Glenn should've killed that piece of garbage.

• 3 months later...

I'm going to re-watch the series from the first episode in preparation for Season 6 in a few months.  This first episode (and first season) are so good.  It's really too bad they

killed off Shane

since his character really added something.  On the one hand, he's completely antagonistic to Rick's more respectful approach to the apocalypse and the people in it in these early seasons... but on the other hand, I think a lot of people watching would completely agree and relate with his methods and that you need to be cold and harsh to survive.  The kind of person you hated to agree with but couldn't help to at times.  There really hasn't been that kind of influence from anyone in the main group since "Rick took over" from Season 3 on.  Just a lot of yes-men and goodie two shoes.

Speaking of Season 6... I kind of hope they go in a direction of explaining what the greater powers/world leaders are doing about all of this.  Or is it a foregone conclusion that there is no government anywhere in the world with actual authority and power anymore?  (Please no comic spoilers that could potentially ruin something coming up in the show.)

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

I'm going to re-watch the series from the first episode in preparation for Season 6 in a few months.  This first episode (and first season) are so good.  It's really too bad they

killed off Shane

since his character really added something.  On the one hand, he's completely antagonistic to Rick's more respectful approach to the apocalypse and the people in it in these early seasons... but on the other hand, I think a lot of people watching would completely agree and relate with his methods and that you need to be cold and harsh to survive.  The kind of person you hated to agree with but couldn't help to at times.  There really hasn't been that kind of influence from anyone in the main group since "Rick took over" from Season 3 on.  Just a lot of yes-men and goodie two shoes.

Speaking of Season 6... I kind of hope they go in a direction of explaining what the greater powers/world leaders are doing about all of this.  Or is it a foregone conclusion that there is no government anywhere in the world with actual authority and power anymore?  (Please no comic spoilers that could potentially ruin something coming up in the show.)

I think this what Fear the Walking Dead (the new show) is going to cover. The first episode airs on August 23rd. Here's the trailer:

I think this what Fear the Walking Dead (the new show) is going to cover. The first episode airs on August 23rd. Here's the trailer:

Oh yeah!  Completely forgot about that, saw the teaser however many months back... never saw this trailer before.

(EDIT: And that's probably why, it's not available in the USA according to YouTube. xD)

Not sure how I feel about the spinoff idea though.  I'm sure it'll be more of The Walking Dead that I know and love, but the thing that works about the main series are all of the characters we've grown to love (and lost) since the first season.  Starting over, with new characters, without that "new show swagger" because The Walking Dead is already an established television brand... eh... I hope the same effort is put into it, because they really don't have anything to prove at this point.  I even wonder if the main series is getting a little too complacent and predictable at times.

I'll definitely be watching though.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Or is it a foregone conclusion that there is no government anywhere in the world with actual authority and power anymore?  (Please no comic spoilers that could potentially ruin something coming up in the show.)

I guess that is one of the reasons why one of them wanted to go to Washington. Is there is still some authority figure, must be there....right? But, the road there isn't easy (as seen before), and once you get there, you might not find anything else but dead people. 

• 3 months later...

Time to revive this thread ^_^

yay... the zombies are back...

but maaaan... I was actually looking forward on what will happen after Morgan seeing Rick killed a human... but that was... kinda... anti-climatic... >_<

Edited by JeieeM

I started watching again. Been like two years since the last time watched the series. Not entirely sure where I left off, but I think it was the end or halfway of season 3. I started from season 4 and couldnt remember some characters, but I cba to watch from the beginning. I kinda find most of the characters annoying, but since this is one of those series where everybody dies I enjoy it xD

LOVED the brutality in the last episode. :D

JSS was awesome and crazy. I won't post spoilers obviously but damn, I'm loving Carol more and more each time I see her.  xD

Hell yeah, Carol has the right idea.

Great episode, I suppose now we have to have a couple of slow ones to compensate :(

As long as it isn't pointless.

The last episode was amazing. I'm liking Carol more and more, kinda sexy when she's brutal and badass like that. Damn :D

As long as it isn't pointless.

A lot of people hate the slow episodes, but don't get they're great for the build-up. I find it's best to wait for more episodes to come out and watch the slow ones one after the other in quick succession. At least I found them more interesting that way because I got used to the pace. And when shit hits the fan? Well, the sudden fast paceness just makes them more exciting :D

• Like 2

A lot of people hate the slow episodes, but don't get they're great for the build-up. I find it's best to wait for more episodes to come out and watch the slow ones one after the other in quick succession. At least I found them more interesting that way because I got used to the pace. And when shit hits the fan? Well, the sudden fast paceness just makes them more exciting :D

I think that is key- I waited on season 2 and 3 till they were out on blu-ray before I saw them, it's probably why season 2 is still my favourite so far.

I enjoy the slow episodes when they build up to something, as long as there are no more episodes like the "Daryl and Beth cabin adventure" one, that bored the hell out of me and felt like it was only made to appeal to the "teen angst" audience who wants them to be together (Bad boy older man with the timid shy girl that all the girls can relate to cliche)