The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

I'll put in spoilers, in case you haven't seen the new episode yet.

Well, I guess we were both right  :lol: Shame the mom had to go too, poor Rick  :( 

This episode showed why I love watching the show. Because going through all the slow episodes is rewarding in the end. Awesome start of the second half of the season.

haha we were :yay: I know! I thought it was going to turn out to be some sort of daydream because they just kept dropping one after the other lol but nooo

The last two episodes have been really good. Hope they keep it up because this is shaping up to be my favourite season so far.

Latest episode spoilers:

What do you guys think of Rick and Michonne? I don't know if I like them together.

To comic readers, if there are any:

Who do you think will be killed off whenever Negan appears? I have a feeling it might be Daryl. Could be Glenn though.

• 1 month later...

Once "Denise" (Is that her name?  I just kept calling her "the fat doctor".) died, all I could utter was... FINALLY.  I don't think the actress was very good honestly, and her character was getting a bit too bitchy and judgmental.  Which honestly I guess you're allowed to be if you're the towns only doctor... but that doesn't mean I have to like her. LOL

I think the show has been picking up, I still look forward to it every week.  They do seem to find clever ways to keep things interesting.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Holy shit another signature walking dead cliffhanger. I can easily tell the viewers of the season 7 start is going to be massive.

I love what the show has become now. Its not just a zombie show anymore, its a survival show. Give us more psychopaths.

Oh by the way if anyone was wondering why that leader with the mustache ( his name wasn't revealed) looked and sounded familiar. Its Trevor from GTA V, which was cool.  

Eny Meny Miny Mo. WHACK!!

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I've been a huge fan of the show, but I'm really disappointed with the direction and tactics used this entire season. For me, what made TWD great was the fact that it was completely different and didn't follow the normal rules of television. They killed important characters and always kept you feeling unsafe. They weren't afraid to have huge bombshells happen 20 minutes into a show, instead of having 50 minutes of filler leading up to a dramatic ending like typical shows. Now, it just feels like every other show on network or cable TV. They are resorting to cheap tactics like cliffhangers, the oldest trick in the book. Before, they didn't need to rely on such tricks because they did a great job of building drama through the actual story. If the season finale cliffhanger was an isolated event, I wouldn't really have a problem with it, but it seems like it's the only trick they have left to build drama. I'll include spoilers in case people haven't watched this season:

Is Glen dead? They drew that out for several weeks after that cliffhanger. Of course he wasn't and him surviving that was just ridiculous.

Daryl got shot at the end of last week's episode? Another cliffhanger that didn't really serve any purpose other than to get people freaked out and worried about the future of the beloved character. Of course he wasn't dead and will be fine like usual.

Now we have the season finale. The entire episode, and the whole season for that matter, was leading up to this one moment, and you give us another cliffhanger? It could have been just as dramatic if they actually killed the person this season. We would still be wondering what happens next and where the group goes from here, but without the horrible taste in our mouths from having to wait months to find out who was killed.

Overall, I'm excited about the arrival of JDM as Negan, but I'm starting to lose hope in the writing and future of the show. Maybe they will do something that will truly shake things up at the beginning of next season, but based on recent actions, it's more likely they just kill off one of the smaller characters like Aaron, Eugene, or Rosita. I could possibly see it being Abraham, but any character above that group would surprise me these days.

Edited by MStalker58
  • Like 2

I've been a huge fan of the show, but I'm really disappointed with the direction and tactics used this entire season. For me, what made TWD great was the fact that it was completely different and didn't follow the normal rules of television. They killed important characters and always kept you feeling unsafe. They weren't afraid to have huge bombshells happen 20 minutes into a show, instead of having 50 minutes of filler leading up to a dramatic ending like typical shows. Now, it just feels like every other show on network or cable TV. They are resorting to cheap tactics like cliffhangers, the oldest trick in the book. Before, they didn't need to rely on such tricks because they did a great job of building drama through the actual story. If the season finale cliffhanger was an isolated event, I wouldn't really have a problem with it, but it seems like it's the only trick they have left to build drama. I'll include spoilers in case people haven't watched this season:

Is Glen dead? They drew that out for several weeks after that cliffhanger. Of course he wasn't and him surviving that was just ridiculous.

Daryl got shot at the end of last week's episode? Another cliffhanger that didn't really serve any purpose other than to get people freaked out and worried about the future of the beloved character. Of course he wasn't dead and will be fine like usual.

Now we have the season finale. The entire episode, and the whole season for that matter, was leading up to this one moment, and you give us another cliffhanger? It could have been just as dramatic if they actually killed the person this season. We would still be wondering what happens next and where the group goes from here, but without the horrible taste in our mouths from having to wait months to find out who was killed.

Overall, I'm excited about the arrival of JDM as Negan, but I'm starting to lose hope in the writing and future of the show. Maybe they will do something that will truly shake things up at the beginning of next season, but based on recent actions, it's more likely they just kill off one of the smaller characters like Aaron, Eugene, or Rosita. I could possibly see it being Abraham, but any character above that group would surprise me these days.

Couldn't have summed it up any better than that. 

What a lousy episode and cliffhanger... the show used to be so much better than what it's become  :|

I could possibly see it being Abraham, but any character above that group would surprise me these days.

My thought was Abraham too because of the line "takin it like a champ" and i think we can agree that Abraham is the toughest of the bunch. They also dropped a hint that one of them possibly wasn't going to make it when they were talking about having kids.  Or i could be wrong and they do it like the comics.

I forgot to mention this in my post before but the thing i hated the most about this season was carols change. In the matter of 1 episode she went from being a crazy badass to being a wuss that cries all the time. 

My thought was Abraham too because of the line "takin it like a champ" and i think we can agree that Abraham is the toughest of the bunch. They also dropped a hint that one of them possibly wasn't going to make it when they were talking about having kids.  Or i could be wrong and they do it like the comics.

I forgot to mention this in my post before but the thing i hated the most about this season was carols change. In the matter of 1 episode she went from being a crazy badass to being a wuss that cries all the time. 

I agree. After thinking about it, Abraham probably makes the most sense. Unless they do something shocking, it seems unlikely that they will kill off one of the "untouchable" cast members. That only leaves a handful of possibilities, and killing Abraham would probably have the greatest emotional impact. Plus, it would make sense from Negan's perspective since it fits that cliche from prison shows where you pick a fight with the biggest toughest looking guy and afterwards nobody will mess with you. I know they change things up from the comics, but it would also make sense timeline wise considering that in the comics:

Abraham was the character that Dwight killed with the crossbow as opposed to Denise on the show. 

If it's not Abraham, my next guess and the character I first thought when watching the show, would be Eugene. That entire scene where he tries to sacrifice himself to let the others escape through the woods just felt like a final goodbye. I really like his character and his conversations with Abraham usually crack me up, but I'm not sure if him dying would have as big an emotional impact as they've been hyping though.

Totally agree on the Carol storyline as well. Maybe I missed some clues or something, but it just seemed to come out of nowhere. When she was hyperventilating that 1st time, I completely thought it was part of her act to make the Saviors think she was harmless. The story of her breaking down could have been interesting but the way they did it just felt rushed and didn't make much sense.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm done with TWD. 

Hehe. What a kidder this guy is! ^^  :lol:

Anyways, I think I know who Negan killed in the season 6 finale. My guess is they're going to stay true to the comics this time and have Glenn get killed. The shocker will be when Maggie dies shortly after from her sickness.

Hehe. What a kidder this guy is! ^^  :lol:

Anyways, I think I know who Negan killed in the season 6 finale. My guess is they're going to stay true to the comics this time and have Glenn get killed. The shocker will be when Maggie dies shortly after from her sickness.

Getting rid of Maggie after Glenn dies is overkill in my opinion. At least one of them has to survive (which is probably Maggie). They've already set up her leadership skills by her working under Deanna and her conversations with Gregory. She'll be the next Hilltop leader.

I hope they write a better Negan from now on. So far, it doesn't feel dangerous at all, more like a bunch of cliches and one liners put together.

As to who got killed, my vote goes to that Alexandria guy whose name I can't remember.

That would be Aaron. And I doubt it's him. There's no emotional weight with Negan killing him, and it would be anticlimactic to have him be the victim.

And I think JDM will prove himself well with Negan. He only had about 10 minutes in the finale so he'll be able to showcase the character more in season 7. 

I'm guessing it'll be Glenn or Abraham, but after the stunt they pulled with Glenn I don't know... the emotional impact won't be as heavy as it could have been IF he is the one to get a kiss from Lucille.

I hate his character. And the long hair makes him look stupid. I just wish they do something to make him interesting again.

He was annoying as hell in season 2 but he's much more mature and tougher now. The hair makes him look like a girl yeah but that's the worst of it. And I don't know if you follow the comics but what happens next in the storyline with Negan and the Saviors, Carl has a good storyline.

• Like 1

He was annoying as hell in season 2 but he's much more mature and tougher now. The hair makes him look like a girl yeah but that's the worst of it. And I don't know if you follow the comics but what happens next in the storyline with Negan and the Saviors, Carl has a good storyline.

I follow the comics, but comic-Carl was way cooler by this point, even more if you consider he was still a little kid when the Negan arc started.

Still, comparing the two is not fair and I do hope his next plotline pays off as well or even better.