The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

Id say that was the best finale of the show so far. Had some predictable moments but one giant plot twist that i didn't see coming. Although when one of the scavengers said "we win" it almost gave it away. 

Cant wait for season 8. Also for comic book readers what issue are we up to TV wise. I dont want to catch up past the current book like game of thrones is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Id say that was the best finale of the show so far. Had some predictable moments but one giant plot twist that i didn't see coming. Although when one of the scavengers said "we win" it almost gave it away. 

Cant wait for season 8. Also for comic book readers what issue are we up to TV wise. I dont want to catch up past the current book like game of thrones is.

I couldn't agree more. As for the comics, we're up to issue 115 in relation to the show.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I still find it hard to believe that at the end of Season 4 I was a die hard fan and had all 4 series on Blu-ray. After the first episode of Season 7 I'd turned off for good.

I can't comment on this series but for me after Eugene said he knew a way of stopping the outbreak (an end-game) and then saying he'd made it up I gradually started to lose more and more interest. Zombies no longer have any impact, they just stand around next to wire fences looking as bored as I feel when I watch it. A new set of bad guys for each series, oooooh! The attachment I had with all the characters early on had completely gone by Season 7. In fact if everyone had been slaughtered in that first episode I really didn't care. It's a massive shame and disappointment to feel this way.

Out of curiosity is there an end in sight, is there an end-game on the horizon or are they just going to carry on going round in circles to bleed as much out of this as possible?

28 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I still find it hard to believe that at the end of Season 4 I was a die hard fan and had all 4 series on Blu-ray. After the first episode of Season 7 I'd turned off for good.

I can't comment on this series but for me after Eugene said he knew a way of stopping the outbreak (an end-game) and then saying he'd made it up I gradually started to lose more and more interest. Zombies no longer have any impact, they just stand around next to wire fences looking as bored as I feel when I watch it. A new set of bad guys for each series, oooooh! The attachment I had with all the characters early on had completely gone by Season 7. In fact if everyone had been slaughtered in that first episode I really didn't care. It's a massive shame and disappointment to feel this way.

Out of curiosity is there an end in sight, is there an end-game on the horizon or are they just going to carry on going round in circles to bleed as much out of this as possible?

I have heard they have enough content for 20 seasons haha. Basically if people keep watching they'll keep the seasons coming which i personally love. Despite some people like yourself losing interest it still gets millions of viewers so i dont see them needing to end anytime soon. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/05/2017 at 9:20 AM, FawltyPowers said:

I know this is an old post but I figured I'd respond anyways.

The whole point behind Walking Dead was that there was no "end". Kirkman has talked before about how at the end of zombie movies, the characters just fly off on a helicopter or make it to a safe zone and then the movie just kind of ends. You never get to see how the world or the survivors adapted to their new surroundings. Walking Dead's intention right from the initial concept was to explore the long term ramifications of the new world.

A lot of people talk about how the zombies aren't a threat anymore but that is the characters growing and adapting to the new world. Again, the stories whole intention. Humans would be more of a threat after awhile. Everyone trying to make a power grab.

Also worth noting, after this current story arc ends, zombies definitely become a threat again in a big badass way... If the show stays around that long anyways.

I do find it funny how people complain about the direction the show is going when this was always the intention. Hell, the books were almost at the point where the show is now, when the show started. 5 minutes of research back then could've told them all of this and saved them a few years lol.

11 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

The only problem i have with the show is the god awful CGI. Especially that deer. Millions of dollars and this is what we get...... 1f602.png

If only the CGI effects were as good as the makeup.

The CGI is pretty god awful. AMC is pretty cheap when it comes to everything except makeup though. The actors are some of the lowest paid on TV. Guess AMC feels like the makeup budget is enough lol.

• Like 1

I'm more Curious on what's going to happen after all out War. Are they going to continue with essentially what's part 2 of The Walking Dead?

That would be a large commitment. And I'm not sure if AMC or the actors are up for that again. I don't want to give any spoilers as to what happens or is to what's coming so anyone who knows what's coming knows what I'm talking about

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I'm more Curious on what's going to happen after all out War. Are they going to continue with essentially what's part 2 of The Walking Dead?

That would be a large commitment. And I'm not sure if AMC or the actors are up for that again. I don't want to give any spoilers as to what happens or is to what's coming so anyone who knows what's coming knows what I'm talking about

Vague spoilers below

AMC makes money hand over fist with this thing so I'm sure they're up for anything to see their cash cow keep going lol. Personally, I hope so. I think the Whisperers are just about the best thing the series has ever done and I'd love to see that come to life. It would also fix some inconsistencies like Carl's age or the stream of Judith actresses.

At the same time, they'll have to change a lot from the books to do it. But really, they could just not expand the communities and cut the stuff with the fair. That stuff could be written around. Wouldn't be the first time they changed a bunch of stuff lol.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

Vague spoilers below

AMC makes money hand over fist with this thing so I'm sure they're up for anything to see their cash cow keep going lol. Personally, I hope so. I think the Whisperers are just about the best thing the series has ever done and I'd love to see that come to life. It would also fix some inconsistencies like Carl's age or the stream of Judith actresses.

At the same time, they'll have to change a lot from the books to do it. But really, they could just not expand the communities and cut the stuff with the fair. That stuff could be written around. Wouldn't be the first time they changed a bunch of stuff lol.

True, but if the actors arnt that commited to such a commitment, they could just kill Negan at the end and call it a series

12 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

True, but if the actors arnt that commited to such a commitment, they could just kill Negan at the end and call it a series

I don't know why they wouldn't be. Paychecks a paycheck lol. They knew it was going to be long running going into it. They might not make much $ off the show but the $ they make doing the con circuits is astronomical. The longer the show goes, the longer they can milk that. Normal shows or movies don't come with that option.

It's definitely going to continue though. Between them showing old man Rick at the end of the season 8 trailer and Scott Gimple straight up saying there was a season 9, it's pretty much all but confirmed. What direction it's going to go in might be a different story though.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

I don't know why they wouldn't be. Paychecks a paycheck lol. They knew it was going to be long running going into it. They might not make much $ off the show but the $ they make doing the con circuits is astronomical. The longer the show goes, the longer they can milk that. Normal shows or movies don't come with that option.

It's definitely going to continue though. Between them showing old man Rick at the end of the season 8 trailer and Scott Gimple straight up saying there was a season 9, it's pretty much all but confirmed. What direction it's going to go in might be a different story though.

But all stories come to a end. I'm pretty sure some of the actors would like to pursue other things. Especially since some of them now have a good name because of the show. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is now really super hot item and I'm sure he's on the top list for some big things. Don't get me wrong I like the show to continue. But I also believe that it showed should end on a good point. I really don't like when shows go on for a really super long time. After so long the kind of lose their magic.

The comic book is also still going. With no end in sight there, so if you think about it this really could be their only option to end it now since there's no telling how long it'll keep going if they decide to continue past The All Out War Arc

8 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

But all stories come to a end. I'm pretty sure some of the actors would like to pursue other things. Especially since some of them now have a good name because of the show. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is now really super hot item and I'm sure he's on the top list for some big things. Don't get me wrong I like the show to continue. But I also believe that it showed should end on a good point. I really don't like when shows go on for a really super long time. After so long the kind of lose their magic.

The comic book is also still going. With no end in sight there, so if you think about it this really could be their only option to end it now since there's no telling how long it'll keep going if they decide to continue past The All Out War Arc

Yeah, good point. But Scott Gimple did confirm a season 9 already. He also said "it's going to be completely different from all out war" so I doubt they're stretching it out any further.

I could honestly see Jeffrey Dean Morgan leaving. It's not like Negan has to live past that point. Most of them do work on other stuff anyways, Norman Reedus has been in a bunch of stuff during the shows run. They'd be crazy to want out though. Most of them make 6-7 figures a weekend signing autographs at cons. The con invites usually slow down after leaving the show. Gotta be hard to walk away from that kind of money.

Don't get me wrong. I think the shows going to end long before they catch up to the books.... But I don't think it'll be anytime too soon. Hopefully after the whisperers cause the books been super boring since then lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

5 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Yeah, good point. But Scott Gimple did confirm a season 9 already. He also said "it's going to be completely different from all out war" so I doubt they're stretching it out any further.

I could honestly see Jeffrey Dean Morgan leaving. It's not like Negan has to live past that point. Most of them do work on other stuff anyways, Norman Reedus has been in a bunch of stuff during the shows run. They'd be crazy to want out though. Most of them make 6-7 figures a weekend signing autographs at cons. The con invites usually slow down after leaving the show. Gotta be hard to walk away from that kind of money.

Don't get me wrong. I think the shows going to end long before they catch up to the books.... But I don't think it'll be anytime too soon. Hopefully after the whisperers cause the books been super boring since then lol.

I read somewhere that the show's ending, it's supposed to be Rick waking up from his coma and it's all a dream. That's what was in the season trailer that's coming up was Rick waking up apparently.

That would be the biggest cop-out if that's the way they go

Edited by Stargazer2600

5 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I read somewhere that the show's ending, it's supposed to be Rick waking up from his coma and it's all a dream. That's what was in the season trailer that's coming up was Rick waking up apparently.

When I first saw the trailer, that's actually where my mind went. There's actually a thread here where I said that the day the trailer came out lol. That was before I saw buddy talking about season 9 though. Who knows, maybe him talking about season 9 was a misdirect. They have done stuff like that. 

I honestly hope they do end it sooner rather than later. It'd be a shame if the ratings took a nose dive someday and AMC decided to cancel it without a proper ending. I mean, I doubt they'd do that, but I've seen too many shows get cancelled on a cliff hanger to not worry about it lol.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 0:51 AM, KingGuy420 said:

Also worth noting, after this current story arc ends, zombies definitely become a threat again in a big badass way... If the show stays around that long anyways.

How so? How do they become more of a threat? Do they mutate or something?

5 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

That wasn't Rick waking up from his coma. They wouldn't reveal a big twist like that in a trailer. Plus, they confirmed that Rick is not currently in a coma.

That shot of Rick waking up is how he looks after the war with Negan is over. That's the start of the "New Beginning" arc where Rick grows out his beard more and cuts his hair short.

7 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

How so? How do they become more of a threat? Do they mutate or something?

I don't really want to post full on spoilers here... And if I try to be vague it'll probably sound stupid. Just look up a synopsis of the next major story arc or something if you're that interested.