1 trophy left before platinum and what the hell?

UlvenFenrir

I left the only online trophy for last and i died during the daily challenge. No trophy and i cant replay it which means i have to wait a full 24 hours before i can attempt it again? Stupid.

edit: only 3 hours but still. Going to bed soon. lol 

Edited by UlvenFenrir

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Its just an odd choice and a bit frustrating.

Not really an odd choice. Pretty much every single roguelike out there has a daily challenge mode, that is, a seeded online run that can only be attempted once per 24 hours and is the same for every player attempting the challenge. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Not really an odd choice. Pretty much every single roguelike out there has a daily challenge mode, that is, a seeded online run that can only be attempted once per 24 hours and is the same for every player attempting the challenge. 

This is true - it’s actually more unusual for a roguelike not to have this mechanic.

It sounds like in Returnal you only need to finish one of them?

I’m still at least a few short of the 10 you have to finish in Curse of the Dead Gods… ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Fairly certain that you don't need to play the game to know that indeed, this thread IS useless. I mean, seriously? You can't wait a single day for another attempt? 1f605.png

Why should i wait a full 24 hours for another attempt? You dont know how much free time i have in my life. Im usually not home alot at the moment so yes it bothers me. I also know daily challenges is normal for a game like this but they usually dont affect trophies.

When you have done everything else in the game and its the only trophy i have left so for every failed attempt i have to wait a FULL day. That wouldnt bother you?

Christ alot of these responses to the thread isnt any better than the thread i created lol clearly it bothers people enough to bother making a comment to an otherwise pointless thread. Ironic.

13 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Wow, what did you do to get such toxic responses? I constantly see people starting threads that should just be a status update and they never get this kind of hate.

Toxic people. lol

1 minute ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Why should i wait a full 24 hours for another attempt? You dont know how much free time i have in my life. Im usually not home alot at the moment so yes it bothers me. I also know daily challenges is normal for a game like this but they usually dont affect trophies.

When you have done everything else in the game and its the only trophy i have left so for every failed attempt i have to wait a FULL day. That wouldnt bother you?

Christ alot of these responses to the thread isnt any better than the thread i created lol clearly it bothers people enough to bother making a comment to an otherwise pointless thread. Ironic.

I get that having to wait is annoying - especially if it's the last trophy left - but it's just par for the course with the genre I'm afraid.

At least here it serves a purpose...

...if being forced to wait for this one aspect of the game is bothering you this much, I suggest you stay well clear of Animal Crossing - you'd have an apopleptic fit with that game ?

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I get that having to wait is annoying - especially if it's the last trophy left - but it's just par for the course with the genre I'm afraid.

At least here it serves a purpose...

...if being forced to wait for this one aspect of the game is bothering you this much, I suggest you stay well clear of Animal Crossing - you'd have an apopleptic fit with that game 1f602.png

I dont mind that there is a trophy for daily challenges but why not just make it so failed attempt also counts or at least make it so the first attempt counts for the leaderboards while any other attempt in the same daily challenge doesnt count for ranks but only for the trophy so you dont have to wait a full day.

I still personally think not having multiple attempts is a bad design choice. Hitman did the same thing, giving people only 1 chance before changing it.

scenario: i make my third attempt, i fail, i have to wait a full day but the next day i wont be home for another week. If it werent for only 1 attempt, i couldve had it done before leaving. How is that not frustrating to anyone? I also dont mind the fact that something takea me multiple attempts, its the point that you have to wait between each attempt thats the problem.

Just now, UlvenFenrir said:

I still personally think not having multiple attempts is a bad design choice. Hitman did the same thing, giving people only 1 chance before changing it.

I know - those Hitman levels are the best thing in that game - the fact that you only get one shot is absolutely the best thing about them - it gives the whole run a level of anxiety that only a one-and-done single-attempt run could possibly give.

Just now, UlvenFenrir said:

scenario: i make my third attempt, i fail, i have to wait a full day but the next day i wont be home for another week. If it werent for only 1 attempt, i couldve had it done before leaving. How is that not frustrating to anyone? I also dont mind the fact that something takea me multiple attempts, its the point that you have to wait between each attempt thats the problem.

Well, sure - certainly some game mechanics aren't compatible with every lifestyle, and fitting games around real life does mean some mechanics are difficult to approach, but that can't be considered a fault of the game. My lifestyle means certain games are basically off-limits to me too - anything that requires long, un-pausable multiplayer sessions are a no-no, as I have to be able to quickly stop and deal with kid-related stuff at a moments notice - but I don't see that as a fault of the game - it's just that they are no longer compatible with my lifestyle. :dunno:

• Like 1