Inventory bug to max out skill upgrades stills works in PS5

On 11/07/2021 at 7:42 PM, SlipingJimmy said:

Just letting people know that are doing their first playthrough that the PS4 inventory bug still exists on PS5. This allows you to upgrade all skills at chapter ten, pop the related trophies and negates a potential second playthrough.

Step by step process
Preparation 
1. Ensure to upgrade your pouch size to at least level 2 before chapter 10. In chapter 8-9 hoard as many crafting materials as possible. Only craft just enough Ignifier and Devorantis as required to progress through chapters. 
Process
2. Once reached chapter 10 : Way of the roses, quit to main menu and go into chapter select and choose chapter 10.
3. Once chapter screen shows, hold down touchpad and do not let go until notified in next step.
4. Once chapter loads your crafting menu should appear overlaid. While continuing to hold down touch pad select a crafting projectile (has all yellows not red) using DPAD or left analog.
5. Now hold down R1, do not let go through the rest of this process. Your crafting menu will appear on right alongside upgrade menu to the left. With the right analog stick select a craftable item with the most craft materials usually that's ignifier.
6. Now you can release the touchpad, while still holding R1.
7. With the dpad select a upgrade skill that has not been fully upgraded yet. After this press X to craft ignifier and hold down X after crafting. You will notice the first craft does not upgrade your skill. 
8. Now the trick is while holding down X to about half way mid crafting the second ignifier switch your upgrade to a new skill. It will upgrade your skill, continue crafting until all skill sections in that branch are upgraded. Switch to next skill branch again halfway crafting the next item. Rinse and repeat until all maxed out.

Make sure you progress to next save point in chapter ten and continue on your playthrough with all skills upgraded.. 

If all this process stuffs up and it usually will first go , just exit out and start again with chapter select

Step 8 is the real stuff! Thanks 

• Like 1

Sweet! Just managed to get this to work on the PS5 version and it unlocked the "Not a Toy Anymore" and "Handful of Pockets" trophies in the process.

This way I won't have to replay chapters for those two trophies after completing the game.
Awesome game, by the way. The atmosphere is amazing. Even like the voice-acting, corny as it is :D

• Like 2

On 20/07/2021 at 1:29 AM, dJordman said:

Sweet! Just managed to get this to work on the PS5 version and it unlocked the "Not a Toy Anymore" and "Handful of Pockets" trophies in the process.

This way I won't have to replay chapters for those two trophies after completing the game.
Awesome game, by the way. The atmosphere is amazing. Even like the voice-acting, corny as it is :D

Yeah it's a good game who said linear story based games are dead. Shame plague tale 2  is a Xbox day one exclusive for awhile. 

Edited by SlipingJimmy

On 7/11/2021 at 0:42 PM, SlipingJimmy said:

Step by step process
Preparation 
1. Ensure to upgrade your pouch size to at least level 2 before chapter 10. In chapter 8-9 hoard as many crafting materials as possible. Only craft just enough Ignifier and Devorantis as required to progress through chapters. 

Edit:  No longer an issue.  User error.  As long as you can craft 1 ignifier or any item, you can take advantage of the workaround. 

Edited by damcrac5

Does anyone know if I were to replay chapter 9, if it would update my inventory at the start of chapter 10 via chapter select?

Edit:  No, replaying Chapter 9 does not over right your chapter select inventory.  Despite having started chapter 10 with a smaller number of items.

Edited by damcrac5

10 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Does anyone know if I were to replay chapter 9, if it would update my inventory at the start of chapter 10 via chapter select?

Edit:  No, replaying Chapter 9 does not over right your chapter select inventory.  Despite having started chapter 10 with a smaller number of items.

I have similar problem. For me it’s my chapter 10 select inventory only has one rock, so when I make the first ignifier (or anything for that matter) it stops before going to the second which would be my inventory item. It starts to fill in / turn white but the red warning text. 

any thoughts?

12 hours ago, CommanderClif said:

I have similar problem. For me it’s my chapter 10 select inventory only has one rock, so when I make the first ignifier (or anything for that matter) it stops before going to the second which would be my inventory item. It starts to fill in / turn white but the red warning text. 

any thoughts?

Edit:

I found out I was doing it wrong.  As long as you can craft 1, you can do the job @CommanderClif.  If you read the description on the trophy guide, it states it a little clearer.  As soon as you start crafting the first ignifier, you immediately switch to another item with the left thumb stick.  this will allow you to upgrade everything.  So as long as you can start crafting, you can knock this out.  Hopefully you will see this edit after my previous helpless explanation.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/9036-a-plague-tale-innocence/24-not-a-toy-anymore

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Edit:

I found out I was doing it wrong.  As long as you can craft 1, you can do the job @CommanderClif.  If you read the description on the trophy guide, it states it a little clearer.  As soon as you start crafting the first ignifier, you immediately switch to another item with the left thumb stick.  this will allow you to upgrade everything.  So as long as you can start crafting, you can knock this out.  Hopefully you will see this edit after my previous helpless explanation.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/9036-a-plague-tale-innocence/24-not-a-toy-anymore

Man can’t thank you enough @damcrac5 for coming back to answer this! I’ll keep the positive vibe expletives out of this post but I said them out loud for sure! The steps above SlipingJimmy that I was trying to follow to a T was throwing me by not moving the selection until after the first crafting was completed but based on your advice to move the selection BEFORE the first completed worked like a charm on my first attempt! Man what a time saver, owe you a proration of this platinum! Love that my PS5 platinum screenshot will now forever be the moment of utilizing the glitch. Thanks!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dJordman said:

I followed the instructions that I got from this thread and it worked for me on both the PS4 and the PS5 version of the game less than a week ago.

4 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

I did it a couple of days ago on the PS5 version and worked fine for me.

Thanks, I'll try again ?

11 minutes ago, kiseiju68 said:

Thanks, I'll try again 1f44d.png

The trick is to move the equipment upgrade as soon as you start crafting the ammunition.  Don't wait for it to finish your ignifier.  Press X, then hit down/up on the left stick to change to a different upgrade.  Then it is smooth sailing from there.  Did it yesterday, ps5.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...