a quick guide

Trophy wise this game is rather short and simple, it takes a few hours to compete. It took me about 4 hours (took me an hour to reach the first trophy).

Since there is zero information on this game, pretty much anywhere. I've decided to write a few comments about it.

The most important note:

From the start of the game, follow the instructions never mind anything else. You will die doing so and this is just how the game works. By the time you enter your third play through, you can earn trophies and you'll earn quite a few really quick in this third play through.

There is no auto save and you can start to save manually after having reached the third play through.

The three trophies stating to upgrade stuff before tempest 12 starts, never mind that, I upgraded everything at the start of tempest 16 and they still unlocked.

Spending 300 aether during one serenity: this means at the start of one tempest spend 300 on whatever. You'll have that much later on and then upgrade whatever you can in one go, that'll work.

Tears of the doomed: sacrifice one mage, keep the other (pray you don't get any extra), use potions to increase defense if you can and survive. No need to do it three tempests in a row or even within the same play through.

The rest pretty much will be gained during regular play through without having to do anything special. Just do what it says in the trophy description.

At the start of each new play through you can chose between two randomly chosen helpers. You unlock milestones for them during regular play. It doesn't really matter which one you pick. They give a small bonus to a few things, each having their own small set of boosts, none of which are necessary.

Choices made while searching for the lost magus earn you points to one of the four spells, it doesn't much matter though, pick something you like. The only spell I found any use for was the one which creates a lull tempest for one day and I unlocked that rather soon, no idea with which choice though.

You will get events occasionally in which something happens and you can chose from 4 options on what to do. Two of those give a negative effect, one gives zero effect the 4th gives something positive (potions, artifact, scrolls, an extra mage). You can use scrolls to help guide you to your choices. You need to chose correctly 5 times in total, which is really easy using the scroll which shows you the right answer.

However, I did keep some notes on what to chose in which event which I'll share. I doubt I came across everything and I didn't get all the right answers to the events which I did come across, but it's a start right :).

rainbow serpent => use enchant magic

the green deal => seal the gates

I didn't write down the name, a weird kid comes knocking and wants to vist => send him away

caravan => don't chose swordsman or mages, I don't know which of the other two options is the right one.

the feast => circus

merchant => get the troops afoot

an expensive life => watch simon

shadows of the past => don't chose 'follow', I don't have any other data here

shorg => burn fires around the city

the dopplganger => do nothing

death mark => either banish or search, I don't know which is the correct one

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2021-07-11 at 1:51 PM, de_digibeet said:

Trophy wise this game is rather short and simple, it takes a few hours to compete. It took me about 4 hours (took me an hour to reach the first trophy).

Since there is zero information on this game, pretty much anywhere. I've decided to write a few comments about it.

The most important note:

From the start of the game, follow the instructions never mind anything else. You will die doing so and this is just how the game works. By the time you enter your third play through, you can earn trophies and you'll earn quite a few really quick in this third play through.

There is no auto save and you can start to save manually after having reached the third play through.

The three trophies stating to upgrade stuff before tempest 12 starts, never mind that, I upgraded everything at the start of tempest 16 and they still unlocked.

Spending 300 aether during one serenity: this means at the start of one tempest spend 300 on whatever. You'll have that much later on and then upgrade whatever you can in one go, that'll work.

Tears of the doomed: sacrifice one mage, keep the other (pray you don't get any extra), use potions to increase defense if you can and survive. No need to do it three tempests in a row or even within the same play through.

The rest pretty much will be gained during regular play through without having to do anything special. Just do what it says in the trophy description.

At the start of each new play through you can chose between two randomly chosen helpers. You unlock milestones for them during regular play. It doesn't really matter which one you pick. They give a small bonus to a few things, each having their own small set of boosts, none of which are necessary.

Choices made while searching for the lost magus earn you points to one of the four spells, it doesn't much matter though, pick something you like. The only spell I found any use for was the one which creates a lull tempest for one day and I unlocked that rather soon, no idea with which choice though.

You will get events occasionally in which something happens and you can chose from 4 options on what to do. Two of those give a negative effect, one gives zero effect the 4th gives something positive (potions, artifact, scrolls, an extra mage). You can use scrolls to help guide you to your choices. You need to chose correctly 5 times in total, which is really easy using the scroll which shows you the right answer.

However, I did keep some notes on what to chose in which event which I'll share. I doubt I came across everything and I didn't get all the right answers to the events which I did come across, but it's a start right :).

rainbow serpent => use enchant magic

the green deal => seal the gates

I didn't write down the name, a weird kid comes knocking and wants to vist => send him away

caravan => don't chose swordsman or mages, I don't know which of the other two options is the right one.

the feast => circus

merchant => get the troops afoot

an expensive life => watch simon

shadows of the past => don't chose 'follow', I don't have any other data here

shorg => burn fires around the city

the dopplganger => do nothing

death mark => either banish or search, I don't know which is the correct one

Did you like the game - the ratings are so low...

38 minutes ago, FilooGaroo said:

Did you like the game - the ratings are so low...

I guess I'm kinda neutral on that. I didn't get annoyed on any level, that's usually a plus for me. The game does a proper job on what it is: short, not difficult, still some kind of story attempt, simple and basic mechanics. It could do a better job at explaining a few things, which I kinda covered in my "guide".
No wondrous graphics or sounds or game play or whatever. For those who can be bothered with that anyway. I usually don't much care for graphics. The sounds was okay, at least I don't remember it being annoying. But then again, I obviously have my own personal taste as to what music I like and dislike.

It's a short cheap game, so keep that in mind when you check any kind of rating. I found it a great game to play when too tired to play a game that has a great elaborate story or otherwise needs your full attention. Though not something I would like to spend several days on. And since that's not necessary trophy wise I'm fine with what it is: a short cheap game.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 21/08/2021 at 4:53 PM, de_digibeet said:

It's a short cheap game, so keep that in mind when you check any kind of rating. I found it a great game to play when too tired to play a game that has a great elaborate story or otherwise needs your full attention. Though not something I would like to spend several days on. And since that's not necessary trophy wise I'm fine with what it is: a short cheap game.

I think this perfectly sums up this game.

It's very rare I'll ever post comments, but I came here to say to just be a bit wary of this game, as I encountered a game breaking bug right at the very end of the story.

It seemed to me that leading up to the bug that the missions were over lapping each other. Then, when it came to the end and I clicked continue, a blank mission screen came up afterwards which I couldn't close or do anything with except for closing the game. A bit annoying since I had already completed the trophies about an hour or more prior to this and the only reason I had continued to play was to conclude the story.

There was also another bug every now and then where I couldn't move my mages which effectively became a death sentence. Sometimes I'd manage to 'unlock' them, but I'm not quite sure what I did to make them movable again.