Servers Down (Platinum still Obtainable)

KON007

15 minutes ago, KON007 said:

In case you haven't heard the news surrounding Titanfall, there has been a hacker that has a vendetta against the series and has been carrying out DDOS attacks on the servers for quite while now on the PC servers of the original Titanfall and the sequel and Titanfall 2. The hacker managed to make the original Titanfall completely unplayable for PC and caused some disruption for Titanfall 2.

This has be going on for years now and Respawn the developers of Titanfall, have done nothing to fix the problem, which is a problem due to the fact that it has been reported in the last 24 hours that the hacker has now succeeded in DDOS attacking the entire Titanfall 2 servers and nobody can get into a multiplayer server on any platform including PS4, although I have not personally tested this myself.

Respawn have put all their resources into Apex Legends and have done nothing to fix the DDOS attacks on Titanfall in the past, which could potentially mean that the Titanfall 2 multiplayer might be unplayable forever if Respawn don't fix the issue.

This currently means that if you do not have the trophy "So It Begins..." which is to win the multiplayer match and the only multiplayer trophy in the game, you could potentially be locked out from getting the platinum, since you can't even get into a match let alone win one.

Why do they have a Vendetta against the series?

I remember hearing about this. Apparently one developer said they are looking into the issue but it would take a while to fix it. 

The Titanfall 2 network is a whole mess and they will have to change the whole infrastructure of their servers to fix it. This might take months to do. All that because Respawn did not follow the traditional model other companies use when creating a server 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KON007 said:

In case you haven't heard the news surrounding Titanfall, there has been a hacker that has a vendetta against the series and has been carrying out DDOS attacks on the servers for quite while now on the PC servers of the original Titanfall and the sequel and Titanfall 2. The hacker managed to make the original Titanfall completely unplayable for PC and caused some disruption for Titanfall 2.

This has be going on for years now and Respawn the developers of Titanfall, have done nothing to fix the problem, which is a problem due to the fact that it has been reported in the last 24 hours that the hacker has now succeeded in DDOS attacking the entire Titanfall 2 servers and nobody can get into a multiplayer server on any platform including PS4, although I have not personally tested this myself.

Respawn have put all their resources into Apex Legends and have done nothing to fix the DDOS attacks on Titanfall in the past, which could potentially mean that the Titanfall 2 multiplayer might be unplayable forever if Respawn don't fix the issue.

This currently means that if you do not have the trophy "So It Begins..." which is to win the multiplayer match and the only multiplayer trophy in the game, you could potentially be locked out from getting the platinum, since you can't even get into a match let alone win one.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1461579/Titanfall-2-servers-update-hacker-frees-servers-after-making-game-unplayable

Just stumbled across this while looking for hackers motives, seems like they've undone the attack and it's ok now

• Like 3

After looking around for a bit it seems as though the servers for Titanfall 2 are now active, though I can't confirm this personally myself. However the hacker has been notorious in his campaign to DDOS Titanfall.

In my opinion it is only a matter of time before the hacker cripples the multilayer infrastructure and Respawn give up trying to fix the problem, since Titanfall 1 has been completely abandoned to the hacker and is unplayable, while Titanfall 2 only has a couple of people working on it. 

My recommendation would be to get the trophy quickly before the servers become potentially permanently DDOS'ed again, just like Titanfall 1.

• Like 1

Last update I watched on this said that the hackers have to target specific players as a vector of attack, so normal players shouldn't be affected as long as they don't find themselves in the same game as a streamer or some other type of prominent player. Has that definitely changed?

38 minutes ago, eurogilvin said:

Best part is that no one seems to be blaming the hacker...

6 minutes ago, JoniP said:

Sure, EA's fault. Not the asshole who is doing this.

It's not rocket science, the hacker is obviously a jackass, but the one who has a responsibility towards us to keep the game playable is EA, because that's what we paid them for. They are selling and promoting via sales a game that literally does not function (in the case of Titanfall 1 more so than Titanfall 2).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Turbobuddah said:

Why do they have a Vendetta against the series?

Well I can't confirm if this is the truth or not but apparently the hacker, used to play competitively on the original Titanfall on PC not on a e-sports levels but on going against people in a sort of Tryhard group who took the game very seriously. Apparently he wasn't very good at the game or at least not at the level of the other Titanfall players they were playing against and lost a lot. 

So they started to cheat by using scripts to start winning, the other players quickly noticed they were cheating and kicked them from the group. They didn't take getting kicked very well, and started the campaign to DDOS Titanfall in a way to get revenge on the players of Titanfall who kicked them from the group, by making it impossible for them to play the game. 

However it seems now they hate anything to do with Titanfall and is trying to destroy the franchise on an obsession level of dedication, by breaking the multiplayer infrastructure on Titanfall2 on all platforms. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to know more.

Edited by KON007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maiathewinners said:

Since the servers seem to be working rn I will try to get that multiplayer trophy before anything goes south. 

Is there any possibility that I will unlock any other trophy before unlocking the multiplayer one? 

As long as you don't customise a multiplayer loadout (guns, perks and titans) or join a multiplayer network, which is basically a Titanfall 2 in-game clan, you won't unlock any other trophy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KindaSabbath said:

From a little research, it seems the .ultiplayer trophies cam be achieved via private match.

Source: https://www.trueachievements.com/a225244/so-it-begins-achievement

From a little research, it seems the .ultiplayer trophies cam be achieved via private match.

Source: https://www.trueachievements.com/a225244/so-it-begins-achievement

Looks like I'll have to find a way to shut this down too. Ah I mean, hopefully the hacker doesn't find a way to shut this down too!

• Like 4

If I was that hacker, I'd count my blessings and stop doing the shit I've been pulling. But at this point, it's probably too late. If it's true that the hacker's been going after Titanfall games for a while now and continuously tries to DDOS their servers, that bear he/she's been poking is going to notify the authorities and send its army of lawyers after him/her.

EA may be a bad company, but hacking a game's servers and turning it into your personal vendetta is just pathetic and illegal. The only ones you're really hurting, are the consumers. Way to go, asshole.

It is not exactly impossible, I just get all the online trophies. Games get freeze in seconds after the start and you just can quit. My victory was because the enemy team quit at the beginning but just after the Victory sign froze again. I get the trophy though. 

But yes, is impossible to really play online. Win a match is a matter of luck.