Servers Down (Platinum still Obtainable)

KON007

25 minutes ago, JaggerjackVII said:

It is not exactly impossible, I just get all the online trophies. Games get freeze in seconds after the start and you just can quit. My victory was because the enemy team quit at the beginning but just after the Victory sign froze again. I get the trophy though. 

But yes, is impossible to really play online. Win a match is a matter of luck.

How many tries did it took you? 

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eurogilvin said:

Best part is that no one seems to be blaming the hacker...

did you not know that EA are the ones hacking the game? because according to all the hate they are getting for this they must be the hacker.

Edited by Bluefalcon2210
Website lagged so I did the same thing twice.

8 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Just a heads up, there are actually 3 online trophies, one for winning which can be done in the private match by yourself, simply pick capture the flag game mode and start the game, once you capture all 5 flags, the trophy will pop. The other two are for joining a clan and customizing the loadout (not sure if this one will be affected, but it requires you to go in the mp section). I got all trophies just now, in less than 10 minutes.

Guess I will do it after all. The private matches aren't ddos right? 

Also, is this the Titanfall were the campaign was tied to the online or can I access it without having a connection to the servers? 

2 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Also, is this the Titanfall were the campaign was tied to the online or can I access it without having a connection to the servers? 

I didn't have any issues accessing it, maybe it was luck or it wasn't affected at all. But again you never know, I would do it asap just in case. The good thing is that you won't pop any other trophies (just don't change the loadout before the win)

I'm pretty sure you don't need a connection to play campaign.

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Just a heads up, there are actually 3 online trophies, one for winning which can be done in the private match by yourself, simply pick capture the flag game mode and start the game, once you capture all 5 flags, the trophy will pop. The other two are for joining a clan and customizing the loadout (not sure if this one will be affected, but it requires you to go in the mp section). I got all trophies just now, in less than 10 minutes.

+1 Thanks. Worked.

Private Match Beta and picked Capture the Flag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maiathewinners said:

Only the original game is online only - Titanfall 2's campaign is offline only.

15 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Just a heads up, there are actually 3 online trophies, one for winning which can be done in the private match by yourself, simply pick capture the flag game mode and start the game, once you capture all 5 flags, the trophy will pop.

Can confirm, I just did this except I set the flags to 2 captures.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cometowner said:

got the plat when it was part of the PS+ 

Respawn will give no attention to this now if the DDOS apex legend, they would have fixed within minutes

Ha, doubt. I’ve played Apex all the way to Season 8. The game is constantly being Attacked. To the point where tournaments are shut down by the hacker and streamers pray to the hacker doing it to leave them alone. Been like this for like half a year with no fix ahead. 

Respawn can do so much, it’s all EAs servers. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash

14 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

did you not know that EA are the ones hacking the game? because according to all the hate they are getting for this they must be the hacker.

EA does deserve blame too. They're still selling Titanfall 1 digitally, a game that hasn't been playable for years because of this hacker. Instead of fixing the problem, or stopping the sale of the game, they've done nothing. 

They'd rather enjoy Apex being a cash cow than put in a little bit of money to make sure Titanfall games are playable. 

• Like 2

Dang, looks like this is gonna get a severe bump up in the backlog. Nothing stokes the motivation to play a game like the possibility of trophies becoming unavailable.

Thanks, friendly neighborhood hacker!

"Everybody gets one."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

EA does deserve blame too. They're still selling Titanfall 1 digitally, a game that hasn't been playable for years because of this hacker. Instead of fixing the problem, or stopping the sale of the game, they've done nothing. 

They'd rather enjoy Apex being a cash cow than put in a little bit of money to make sure Titanfall games are playable. 

never said they didn't deserve some blame but some people might as well just say they are hacking the game with the hate they give.

Can confirm that you can still get the MP trophies (winning a match via a private session). Please change the title of the thread to something less misleading.

It still might be a good idea to get them now if you haven't already - you never know how this hacker situation might pan out.

@KON007 Can you post an update to the opening post and change the thread title as it's not accurate?

I will say, in any kind of structured programming courses over the last probably 5 years, one of the first things most programmers are taught is that you should never assume a user will do what they're supposed to do. Always assume they'll break what you built and try to prevent them from being able to do so. I have to imagine when developing an online multiplayer game, there should be a lot more attention to flaws for hackers to exploit if the developer wants it around for very long these days.

Reminds me of this hilarious XKCD comic: https://xkcd.com/327/

exploits_of_a_mom.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KON007 said:

Well I can't confirm if this is the truth or not but apparently the hacker, used to play competitively on the original Titanfall on PC not on a e-sports levels but on going against people in a sort of Tryhard group who took the game very seriously. Apparently he wasn't very good at the game or at least not at the level of the other Titanfall players they were playing against and lost a lot. 

So they started to cheat by using scripts to start winning, the other players quickly noticed they were cheating and kicked them from the group. They didn't take getting kicked very well, and started the campaign to DDOS Titanfall in a way to get petty revenge on the players of Titanfall who kicked them from the group, by making it impossible for them to play the game. 

However it seems now they hate anything to do with Titanfall and is trying to destroy the franchise on an obsession level of dedication, by breaking the multiplayer infrastructure on Titanfall2 on all platforms. There are plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to know more.

Am I getting this right? This person has some kind of japanese villain backstory, and has continued doing this, not for months,  but years?

Wow, I can’t help but admire said determination, even though it’s screwing random people over, at least T2 online  trophies can be gained easily.

But, wow, DDOSsing for motherfucking years?

4 hours ago, eurogilvin said:

Best part is that no one seems to be blaming the hacker...

Totally agree!  The issue is the hacker causing this mess.  I can understand frustration toward EA and Respawn to fix the issue immediately, especially if you're really into the multiplayer.  

I remember when I was playing multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2 on PS3 daily.  It was the first and only game I owned at the time.  About 1.5 - 2 years after the game launched, multiplayer started to get hacked consistently and it caused issues with my stats in Prestige, hacked lobbies were impossible to play in, encountered players often with a god mode or full weapons hack, etc., etc.  I had to quit after putting thousands of hours into the game because the frustration I had with hacked lobbies and cheaters made the game unplayable with no fun to be had whatsoever.  MW2 was a huge game, even years after launch, but it's difficult for any publisher, no matter the size, to keep up with the heavy expenses that are incurred with maintaining full support on these games.

I'm no EA fanboy and there's plenty of blame to share on this topic.  It really is tough for any game company to continue to fully support any older title when it's no longer bringing in revenue, or just enough to keep the servers online.  You can see it with nearly every older game from any publisher or developer.  GTA IV and  V (company: Take-Two), any CoD game older than the current version (company: Activision), Battlefield games older than the current version (company: EA), AC and Far Cry series (company: Ubisoft).  Smaller publishers and developers are even more vulnerable since they don't have the money or resources to combat hackers on a regular basis. 

Ultimately, though, it's the a-hole hacker we have to applaud for this problem.  I hope these companies continue to improve their detection process and are able to catch the hackers easier and/or remove the threat more easily so that the rest of us can continue to enjoy these older titles with minimal disruption.  

For me personally, even if these moments of disruption get resolved, it's less time to play before the publisher ultimately shuts down the servers permanently in the future.  If this is the only game you're playing, it's a big deal.

• Like 2

That's a shame. The Multiplayer of this game was amazing. I stopped playing after 300 hours because Respawn completely failed to support the game with new maps. Just like Dice failed to support Battlefield 5. Service games with free content aren't a strength of EA. 

This situation here shows that Respawn lost all interest in the Titanfall franchise. Shame again. 

• Like 2

i'm also going to move up titanfall 2. i was scared about the multiplayer trophy but since that nasty one can be done no problem now. it lessens the risk.

still plan to watch need for speed the run but that other game will get started very soon.

edit: to that hacker situation. i hope EA gets legal help and sends the cops/FBI/detectives etc. to stop what he's doing. another company suffered the same fate with DDOS issues for a day or two but they got shut down later in the year (some of the group went to prison or got fined)

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1