What’s your ‘Realistic Completion Ceiling’?

DrBloodmoney

My realist ceiling is between 99% and 99.50% (if my grocery store mathematics don't betray me). 

I already have an unobtainable plat so 100% is out of reach thankfully, but everything else is within reach.

The other .50% goes into unobtainables and a game that I would rather not complete.

• Like 2

I feel like anything above 75% is really good. It shows dedication and a knack for knowing what games you'll likely enjoy but also implies trying new types of games even if they're not on-brand with your typical genres.

With 14 unobtainable trophies, my highest possible completion (without adding more games) is 99.95%, but this is unrealistic as some of the remaining trophies are probably out of my ability (and tolerance).

• Like 1

I've managed to get up to around 98.5% on my profile in the past before I decided to kill my completion a bit by starting a bunch of games.

100% is theoretically achievable as I currently have no unobtainables, however I do have games on my profile I don't really care to go back to for various reasons.  Around 97% to 98% would be my realistic completion ceiling I think.

• Like 2

When I get around to the games I started a while back to get mutliplayer trophies out of the way before possible server closures, I'd say my completion will top out in the low-to-mid 90's. Considering I have many such games on my profile already and I'm just shy of 80%, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. The reason I don't foresee it being any higher is that I have a few games that can be handily platinum'd but they also have DLC trophies which are unobtainable or have obnoxious requirements so I won't bother with them.

• Like 1

The highest I've been is 97.something.  I could probably make it up to 98% some day if I focused on it.  But, I probably won't.  ?

So I guess 98% is probably the ceiling.

EDIT: Actually, I think I might have misremembered that....  Looking back at a spreadsheet, I don't think I ever did get to 97%.  I had a plan for it, but got sidetracked it looks like.  So, actually 96.something is my highest.  I think...

Edited by dmland12
  • Like 2

If I ever want to get around to making a dent in my backlog, my ceiling probably isn't even going to touch the 90's. I recently broke 73% when I finished a game, but the next game I started dropped me back under 72%. I'd like to get back to maybe half the games I started and haven't gotten to 100% so I'd speculate my realistic completion ceiling to be around 80%.

• Like 2

100%.

The last time I reached it is now 2.5 years ago. I have some sort of feeling that I owe it to myself to go for it. After putting in so much time, money (I’ve rebought many PS3 and a couple of PS4 games just to clean up DLC) and effort into it I can’t suddenly stop with it, although sometimes I would like to. I hope to achieve it again soon, as I’ll be putting some effort into my incompleted games in the near future.

• Like 2

Welp, at this point in the game, there is absolutely no friggin way I will ever get anywhere near 100%! Unfortunately for me, I rented a good majority of PS3 games through Gamefly, in other words I'm not respending several thousand $'s just to go back through and play a bunch of games I didn't really care for.

With that being said, I think realistically for me 66% sounds like a reasonable ceiling. I'd be happy with 2/3rds completed but even that is going to take a ton of work at this point in the game! Had I started caring or maybe even joined this site sooner, I could have tried to salvage it to some degree but oh well... Proud of my profile, even if it is trash from a true completionist's POV!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 3

I did hit the ceiling in 2017 when I switched from the PS3 to the PS4 with 99.68%. Only 12 trophies left that were unobtainable.

I'm going through a completion patch just now, then my mind will switch to trying to get as many of the games that I have purchased onto my profile (harder than I thought), then back to completion.

Maybe I might 80% one day, but with how I keep switching, I'll be lucky to hit 70%.

yOqXDcy.jpg

Edited by FawltyPowers
  • Like 1

I'm always in the 97-99% range, since two years ago (or so) I added Crypt of the NecroDancer to my profile, and I haven't put in the time required to finish that one. Realistically speaking, I will be sitting at 99.xx% at least until my kid reaches kindergarden-age and I decide to no-life Crypt for a while ? Or I might never reach 100% with Crypt as my only incomplete game on my profile. 

• Like 1

For me realistically probably 80-85%. I have unobtainable games on my account and honestly, some games I probably won't bother finishing. If I started a new account when I got into trophy hunting then maybe I could do better, but at the moment I prefer not to waste my time playing games I don't enjoy :)

P.S I did start with 30% and got all the way to almost 75%, but getting any higher than that proved to be extremely difficult for me.

• Like 1

I'm always hovering around 88-89%, so anything above 90% would be good for me. 

I just don't want to go back to playing all my PS3 games to get the platinums as many of them like Tales of Symphonia and Zestiria are so long and boring. 

My completion % keeps decreasing as they add more DLC trophies later one and also as I play more games that I don't platinum. Also even the ones that I do, I don't buy the extra DLC, like KH3 and FF15 which I platinumed but they sit at less than 100% now due to the DLC that game out afterwards, decreasing my completion %. 

• Like 1

Already close to 85%, but I reckon 90% is a feasible target.

Finding the motivation to go back to unfinished games I didn't enjoy is a challenge in itself, never mind completing them! ?

Edited by DogFoRaw5
  • Like 1

100% is stupid. It's a ridiculous amount to maintain and all it does is mostly ruin your fun of just playing games for fun, plus you avoid games that are too hard/unsure of and don't splash out on brand new games or IP that you might like but have never played before so the risk corners you off and limits fun you could be having.

More than 80% is fine, if you try well, more than 90% should be the limit.

However it's just a percent, so in a way, it shouldn't affect your play style at all (It sadly does though, certainly with me anyway)

100% is not a healthy or fun target to achieve. You will want to break away from it, eventually.

• Like 1