DrBloodmoney

What’s your ‘Realistic Completion Ceiling’?

140 posts in this topic

I feel like if I can ever start tearing through my backlog, especially the ones I've already started and need to finish, I believe I could realistically crack 80%.  Unfortunately with all the old PS3 games that I either rented or borrowed, or that have dead servers, cracking 90% seems like it would be out of reach.  If I can eventually get it up to around 85% I'd be pretty content with that.

Maybe 92%. Im not willing to buy dlc solely for the sake of trophies and of my 3 non dlc eyesores i only actually like and will return to Danganronpa. With enough time if i dont play anymore duds i might be able to reach my original goal of 95% again but with what i have currently i am doubtful.

After a few years I recently managed to reach 100%, now I maintain it by playing 1 or 2 games at a time.

I am currently on Dark Souls Remastered and Ghost of Tsushima in view of the new dlc. 

When it comes to my main account, I don’t think I will go any further than 82-83%. And that’s fine. I really want to keep my completion percentage, at least, at 80%, because it was a lot of work getting there.
Even though my main account is still my priority, my activity there now is more about maintenance, because I already achieved all the goals that I had for it (80% completion percentage, 200 platinums, 10,000 trophies…). I don’t feel the need to trophy hunt there as intensively as before.

My main account is where you can see my true gaming history, because I don’t have any other accounts just to try games.

I also have a second account -@Hannelore_87 - that I use to replay my favourite games and to have a more organized account, with more planned milestones, in a way that I couldn’t totally do on my main account.

For this second account, I hope to keep my completion percentage at 100%, but I don’t run away from online trophies or hard trophies, if it’s a game that I love, so we’ll see if 100% will always be possible.

It varies from game to game and what the trophy list requires but if I can get at least over 50% per game and keep my average overall at around the mid 80's, I'm happy.

I want to raise my average to at least 90% :) 

My actual ceiling is probably around 95% thanks to unobtainable and skill based trophies I'm not good enough to get.

But my current goal is just 65%, with my big goal being 70%. Which I think is doable, but will definitely take some time. Right now, I'm getting 0.01% for every 4-5 bronze, and that's getting worse the more new games I play, so it's a slow process. Especially since a lot of my unfinished games are long RPGs.

right now, 90% minimum is as good as I can get, mostly because of skill based/time consuming/online trophies that I can't and/or don't want to earn

but soon I plan on going easier on trophy hunting and then I expect 75% to be my goal

i wont ever have a 100% profile which I feel is fake anyways, since u would have to plan out every game and be sure that u can get all trophies on it.

I am honest if a games servers re shut down im not gpnna buy the game, since i hate online trophies in the first place and dont see a point in supporting such devs,when they decide to kill thwir servers after 1-2 years.

Currently im doing online trophies on mass to be on the safe side for the older games.

after that i will up the % of the games given I have 100+ games on the profile one game would online count 1% completion at max.

I think I will land anywhere btw 80-90% which feels realistic since i dont give a shit about DLCs if i dont.

I've always tried to be realistic when it came to completion targets. When I very first started with achievements I gave myself a target of 100 games and crashed around 25, then a new profile at around 30 and then eventually in 2014 I called it a day after getting to 52 games and quitting on the 53rd on what was probably my 15th+ account. 

When I did it for the PS4 I was far more realistic. I only went in 5's and only single player games, so once I got to five I then aimed for 10 then 15 etc etc. But then I got to the game Judgment and it felt like I was about to bring the completion to an end when I tried for weeks to complete the puyo-puyo requirement. Thats when I knew I didn't want the run to end but I just couldn't do the requirement. Eventually I got talking to an awesome gamer who offered to do it for me on shareplay and finally the trophy unlocked with his help. 

At that point though I all I felt was gaming regret. In the old days of gaming you would often pass the pad between each other if you couldn't get passed something and it was a great achievement among pals once you learned and eventually beat the boss type thing. I love how SONY actually made this a feature as it is the modern day version of pass the pad, but when its done in the sake of getting a trophy, especially a single player trophy then you just feel cheap for using it that way. Many people gave me shit for doing it but that didn't bother me anywhere like the feeling I already had for doing it. 

Anyway I carried on and when I got to the mid 70's I hit a gaming wall. Mostly because I couldn't find anything to play and so the last 7 or so games were a real chore for the most part. Though I did enjoy Deus Ex Mankind. But then the other week I realised that I have no urge to move to the PS5, I didn't really earn my completion streak as I intended and then called it a day. I then bought the Arkham collection and usually would play this on a dummy account as there is no way I have the skill to do these games to completion anymore, but due to the streak ending I just put them on this account. 

So my own targets are not really about the numbers, but more to the point how long before I burn out and the streak ends. It could be 5 games or 50, but it always crashes for me in the end. 

If I could get my rate up to 90%, I'd be happy. There are a few games that I started and haven't had the motivation to get back into that are keeping me from getting it up to that. Then I keep starting games with DLC and just waiting for the right time to pick up the extra content and play it. Overall, definitely doable.

75% seems like a reasonable amount for me.

Posted (edited)

Mine would be 88.5% completion.

Edited by gamercris066

I have no particular goal, but when all is said and done, I'm guessing I'll end up at 98%. Even if I could somehow earn those ancient multiplayer trophies I abandoned, or play that garbage DLC I ignored, I just don't want it enough to bother.

I have been working on cleaning up all my ancient unearned trophies, specifically the multiplayer ones. I haven't worked out how many of them are completely unearnable, but I think I could hit 95% at some point. I'm at 12,763 trophies, 84.29%, 2,345 unearned but many of them are still achievable. I have been actively working on my completion % for a couple years now, I remember when it was in the low 70s.