Flying an Airplane is Hard

cosmic-lugger5

I wish the Practice Range: Airplane Training didn't tell you return to the combat area because when you start, they don't tell you how to control the plane and expect you to immediately take down enemy planes. Why couldn't Dice let the player experiment with controlling the plane or better yet, give a tutorial.

Its actually not that hard once you get some practice in, the biggest thing to remember is that the controls for pitching up and down are inverted you can change them if you want in the settings but I don't recommend doing that. The default controls are as easy as it can get in fact I haven't played any other game with easer flight controls then battlefield, Absolutely hated Fry Cry and Ghost Recon's flight controls.  Any way the best way to get used to them is to play in a public match if your having trouble taking off in the test range. Once you spawn in only move one stick at a time that way you get used to what that stick does to the plane, then move the other stick and get used to what it does don't try to do any thing else until you get used to what each stick does. after that you can try a combination of both sticks. You will find that to make a sharp turn you will need to use both sticks together. I used this advice when i started battlefield 1942 as the flight controls in that game are just a mess and it made a big difference verses trying to just go for it. Your going to die a lot ether at your own hands or other players it just takes time and practice. And that's not even the hard part because once you get the controls down you have the speed control to master before you can get any good at killing other players  but if your only going for the trophies that's not that big of a deal.

• Like 3

I always found Helicopters harder to fly in BF4 than Jets. I was a master of flying fighter planes in BF1. Didn’t play much of BFV. But I was pretty ok at flying them aswell. Just basic inverted controls. Nothing too fancy when it comes to flying in a battlefield game.