Persona 6 reveal teased

Abby_TheLastofUs

The dance/fight games are not something I think I'd want to see again, very popular sure but I have doubts we would be seeing any of these any time soon. Focus on the SMT and Persona titles, I'd be leaning more towards the titles that never saw an English release and of course the first four Persona games which is actually 5 games. If we see Persona 6 then great.

• Like 2

I wonder if P6 will get a PS4 version. P5 had a PS3 and PS4 version. However, that was because the game was in development for a very long time. Atlus didn't want to screw over PS3 owners who were so patient, so they released P5 on the PS3 as well. And crazy enough it's one of the last games ever released on PS3, digital-only games included as well.

P6 is probably already in development. I'm thinking it will probably come out in 2023. The game could get a PS4 version I suppose, but I'm sure it's been designed with the PS5 in mind. PS5 dev kits were probably available when development started.

Then again, Persona games aren't really too technically demanding. P6 could probably run on PS4 fine, but with a lower resolution and longer loading times (and some less graphical details).

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:22 AM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

It's been five years since Persona 5 was released. I'd say there's a good chance we get our first look at something Persona 6 related in September. 

There's several projects set to be unveiled, so along with the possibility of a Persona 6 reveal, perhaps Altus will also announce remasters of Persona 3 & 4 for modern consoles. Persona 4 Golden did quite well on PC, so I can see Sega wanting to release the older games on more platforms.

A remaster of both P4 and 3 would be awesome!! But damn... P6 would be such a riot if it got announced 

13 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

I wonder if P6 will get a PS4 version. P5 had a PS3 and PS4 version. However, that was because the game was in development for a very long time. Atlus didn't want to screw over PS3 owners who were so patient, so they released P5 on the PS3 as well. And crazy enough it's one of the last games ever released on PS3, digital-only games included as well.

Release P6 on the Vita, you cowards! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Persona 5 was the first in the series that I played, so I'd love to have previous ones remastered.  I've been thoroughly hooked, so the more Persona, the better.  I don't care whether it's the dancing games, the fighting games or whatever else!  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

Persona 5 was the first in the series that I played, so I'd love to have previous ones remastered.  I've been thoroughly hooked, so the more Persona, the better.  I don't care whether it's the dancing games, the fighting games or whatever else!  

I also got into the series with Persona 5 & decided to go back & play all the Persona games. If you have the ability to I HIGHLY recommend going back & playing them all. If I'm being painfully honest, you can skip the first Persona game as I felt the game was extremely dated & the encounter rate kind of ruined the game for me since the random encounter rate was INSANE to the point you literally couldn't go more than 3-5 steps without going into another battle. The story was interesting (as I watched the all the cutscenes later on), but man that gameplay was rough to get through with the encounter rate

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I also got into the series with Persona 5 & decided to go back & play all the Persona games. If you have the ability to I HIGHLY recommend going back & playing them all. If I'm being painfully honest, you can skip the first Persona game as I felt the game was extremely dated & the encounter rate kind of ruined the game for me since the random encounter rate was INSANE to the point you literally couldn't go more than 3-5 steps without going into another battle. The story was interesting (as I watched the all the cutscenes later on), but man that gameplay was rough to get through with the encounter rate

I've definitely been thinking about it!  Maybe I'll start doing that after I get done with the platinums for the three games I'm working on now!  Persona 5 (original, I have the plat for Royal already), Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight and Persona 5 Strikers, which I just bought!  ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FFATMA said:

5 was my first also. 4 Golden is even better if you can get your hands on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

5 was my first also. 4 Golden is even better if you can get your hands on it.

its hard to get physically, well, sort of pricy. Considering you may need a Vita if not already owned. Though it IS on steam.... 

still hoping during this, they announce P3, and P4G remaster or something (pref. physical) on ps4 and ps5... UNLESS Persona 6 is close but i highly doubt that it is 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FFATMA said:

P4G on Vita was my first Persona game and I loved it. Holds up today in my opinion, so I'd highly recommend getting it. Haven't gone for the Steam version, but I think it's supposed to be good. Fortunately P3P was also available on Vita so I was able to play through that as well and is also an excellent game with great characters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FFATMA said:

I've definitely been thinking about it!  Maybe I'll start doing that after I get done with the platinums for the three games I'm working on now!  Persona 5 (original, I have the plat for Royal already), Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight and Persona 5 Strikers, which I just bought!  1f604.png

Hope you enjoy Strikers! Absolutely BANGING soundtrack & probably my favorite soundtrack in the series. But if you do own a vita, HIGHLY recommend giving P4G a shot. I bought a vita solely to play P4G & I don't regret it one bit. Not to mention you can play every other persona game on PS Vita as well. Though I personally recommend the P3 Fes over Portable. Just be warned, in the PS2 version, you can't control your party members. You'll be seeing a lot of Marin Karin with a whole lotta misses if you use a certain party member as well.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I heard Persona 6 comes only for PS5 but we will see.

Not much is known yet or i didnt check yet..so what do you hope Atlus does with it? can it get even better than P5?

I didnt play P5 yet but i heard so much about it ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Not to offend, but its time games stop supporting last gen. 

I'd like to see far more PS5

/XS excl. in 2023.

Persona 6 being one of them

Persona 5 came out on PS3 in 2016

No way 6 wouldn't skip last gen lol. We haven't even gotten a Person game that uses the PS4 power

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

No way 6 wouldn't skip last gen lol. 

totally forgot about the ps3 version lol

and it probably won't but I'm saying it should be time companies start going all out on the current hardware and exclusives. Thats all

12 minutes ago, Azemya said:

since we get a port of p3 and p4 for ps4, it is not impossible that Atlus gives us p2 aswell 1f914.png

Id love a remake from the ground up of 2.

As for 3/4 ports... i wish theyd have a physical. If they dont, maybe LRG will?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

No way 6 wouldn't skip last gen lol. We haven't even gotten a Person game that uses the PS4 power

Well Persona 5 was originally suppose to come out in 2014 with a planned release to be on PS3 still. So it doesn't come as a surprise that when it finally did manage to come out, that it'd release on both. However Persona isn't exactly a massively demanding game like you said, so I can see Persona 6 still releasing on both PS4 & PS5.

Edited by ObsiEez

1 hour ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Isnt there some sort of concert happening soon? I dont really trust to following persona news with Atlus until its actually out there but I think if they are going to be like "yup persona 6" it might be at this upcoming concert.

Let's hope the Maestro Shoji Meguro will be there too ??

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 1

Are we assuming “Project RE Fantasy” is just Persona 6 then? i.e. Persona 6 is partly the high fantasy world they’ve talked about with Project RE Fantasy, but partly still a modern-day Japanese high schooler’s world (or it’s reimagining the franchise, maybe opening with the high schoolers but then it’s a little similar to Forspoken)?

Given the people involved in Project RE Fantasy, I can’t see how there’s a “full fat” Persona game in the works alongside it? Maybe some PS4/Switch-level Persona Q-like spin-off from new people but next-gen Persona? Surely not?

Edited by Tsundokuist

• 2 months later...

Can someone please fucking explain to me what the point of teasing this last year was if they weren't going to reveal it this year as a part of their anniversary event? Because the event has been confirmed to be over... and no reveal.

What a fucking waste of time and unbelievably pointless. What was the fucking point? Seriously?

Sorry I'm just really annoyed at this