For the tower trophies..

Darkette

• 11 months later...

No need to backup anything, if you are losing, just close the game via PS button and restart it - you will start from the same place, where you ended, and you get all the trophies,

Some extra tricks:

- For tower trophies I recommend using Drifter. His :square::square::square::triangle: combo right at the beginning will cause 40% damage and throw enemy out of arena. When he tries to come back, stay a bit away from edge and charge multihit :circle:. With correct timing you hit right when enemy comes back to arena, and throw him in 80% out of arena.

I made a short video, showing the combo:

- For level 15 trophy with turbo-controller just change :square: and :cross:, select all the bots and just start turbo :cross: and also pull the LS down:down:. You should take first place everytime and lvl up faster (games freezes like REALLY A LOT, so you need to restart pretty often).

Edited by ScooloV
  • Like 2

On 29/06/2022 at 3:10 PM, ScooloV said:

No need to backup anything, if you are losing, just close the game via PS button and restart it - you will start from the same place, where you ended, and you get all the trophies,

I am aware that you don’t NEED to back it up, I mentioned it as an added measure as I’ve had blue screen instances where it didn’t actually save.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 9:47 PM, GravityQueeen said:

It is being very hard to manage the medium and hard arcade towers. I've been using the Drifter and the combo mentioned by @ScooloV

I wonder if anyone else has found any other method, character, or any way to cheese these towers? I have friends in the same situation, we're really struggling with it. 

Other than the save scum exploit, I don't know of any specific ways to cheese the towers, but I followed the trophy guide's recommendation of using Chief Feathers rather than Drifter. Drifter has one of the worst off-stage recoveries (:up:+:triangle:) in the game so he tends to die much earlier than a character like Chief Feathers with his extra jumps and more versatile recovery.

What worked for me was scooping opponents off-stage with :right:+:square: or :right:+:triangle: or :square::square::square: and aggressively spiking them down with :down:+:square: while they're still off-stage to kill them. With practice, you should be getting a lot of early kills between 20-60% while your own stocks last up to 120-140%. It can be a little bit difficult to recover after you spike an opponent (you'll often get very low near the death zone), but you should have enough jumps plus your :up:+:triangle: to get back to the stage in most cases.

From long range, you can also throw spike balls by pressing and holding :triangle:, which can be great for off-stage pressure, early kills, or as a defensive option. Above all though, be aggressive! I hope this can help if Drifter isn't working out for you. Good luck!

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

On 28/12/2022 at 9:48 PM, ExistentialSolid said:

Other than the save scum exploit, I don't know of any specific ways to cheese the towers, but I followed the trophy guide's recommendation of using Chief Feathers rather than Drifter. Drifter has one of the worst off-stage recoveries (:up:+:triangle:) in the game so he tends to die much earlier than a character like Chief Feathers with his extra jumps and a more versatile recovery.

What worked for me was scooping opponents off-stage with :right:+:square: or :right:+:triangle: or :square::square::square: and aggressively spiking them down with :down:+:square: while they're still off-stage to kill them. With practice, you should be getting a lot of early kills between 20-60% while your stocks last up to 120-140%. It can be a little bit difficult to recover after you spike an opponent (you'll often get very low near the death zone), but you should have enough jumps plus your :up:+:triangle: to get back to the stage in most cases.

From long range, you can also throw spike balls by pressing and holding :triangle:, which can be great for off-stage pressure, early kills, or as a defensive option. Above all though, be aggressive! I hope this can help if Drifter isn't working out for you. Good luck!

Gonna try that, thankyou!

Edit: I finally got the platinum! I used Chief Feathers and now I know he is a must for attempting the tower trophies. I almost only used :right:+:triangle: and :circle: or charged :circle: to knock enemies out of the arena and spike them with :down:+:square: when possible. 

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29.06.2022 at 4:10 PM, ScooloV said:

Some extra tricks:

- For tower trophies I recommend using Drifter. His :square::square::square::triangle: combo right at the beginning will cause 40% damage and throw enemy out of arena. When he tries to come back, stay a bit away from edge and charge multihit :circle:. With correct timing you hit right when enemy comes back to arena, and throw him in 80% out of arena.

I made a short video, showing the combo:

- For level 15 trophy with turbo-controller just change :square: and :cross:, select all the bots and just start turbo :cross: and also pull the LS down:down:. You should take first place everytime and lvl up faster (games freezes like REALLY A LOT, so you need to restart pretty often).

Sorry for very late response but is this even doable on the final fight of the arcade? It's fine on the 1v1's but when three enemies attack you at the same time, Drifter can't do this combo

EDIT: Reached the final fight on medium and i really dont know how's drifter supposed to win this.

Edited by Varhur

On 8.2.2023 at 3:20 PM, Varhur said:

how's drifter supposed to win this.

I got platinum using this character and this tactic. Yeah it was a lot (a mean really a lot) of trial and error, but sometimes you get lucky and can do it. Trick is to select correct enemy at the end of tower, cause some of them are really unbeatable. I don't remember who exactly (Sephi'ra I think and someone else), but if I saw that any battle (especially last one) contain two of them - that's 100% restart and trying a new tower.

Btw I tried using Chief Feathers at the beginning and wasn't able even to beat first tower. But it seems for some people it can be a better choise.

Edited by ScooloV

On 10.02.2023 at 9:29 AM, ScooloV said:

I got platinum using this character and this tactic. Yeah it was a lot (a mean really a lot) of trial and error, but sometimes you get lucky and can do it. Trick is to select correct enemy at the end of tower, cause some of them are really unbeatable. I don't remember who exactly (Sephi'ra I think and someone else), but if I saw that any battle (especially last one) contain two of them - that's 100% restart and trying a new tower.

Btw I tried using Chief Feathers at the beginning and wasn't able even to beat first tower. But it seems for some people it can be a better choise.

I did actually got triple Sephi'ra on my medium tower attempt as Drifter, idk how long would I be sitting there trying to beat it like that.

Eventually just gave up on Drifter and used Chief Feathers, his sprint attack with diving on enemies above void gave me what's necessary to finish both medium and hard tower trophies.