Persona 25th anniversary website opened, 7 projects teased

SnowxSakura

https://personacentral.com/persona-25th-anniversary/

"In September 2021, the Persona series will be celebrating its 25th anniversary. With over 15 million copies sold worldwide, Atlus would like to express their sincere gratitude to all the fans who have supported them for so long.

As such, numerous preparations are being made, such as commemorative merchandise, various events, collaborations, and of course, game information. Both Atlus Japan and Atlus West say to please look forward to it.

Among the announcements, seven different “Persona 25th Anniversary Projects” are set to be announced according to the special teaser website, starting in September 2021."

http://p-ch.jp/p25th/

• Like 2

If not full-on remakes of the older games, I'm at least expecting a port of Persona 4 Golden to PS4 since that sold so well on PC. They would be foolish not to do that. Maybe a Persona 6 announcement if we're lucky, but it *is* Atlus, so they probably aren't done milking Persona 5 just yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

If not full-on remakes of the older games, I'm at least expecting a port of Persona 4 Golden to PS4 since that sold so well on PC. They would be foolish not to do that. Maybe a Persona 6 announcement if we're lucky, but it *is* Atlus, so they probably aren't done milking Persona 5 just yet.

Possibly. The first teaser on the website for september has the persona 4 yellow background to it

I'm hoping they at least port P4G to PS4/PS5. This is Atlus we're talking about, and they've always been kind of confusing with their releases (only original Catherine released for PC? Persona 5 on Switch is a no-no but Strikers is fine? P4G ported to PC only when a lot of their audience is primarily on Playstation consoles since that's what they've mostly been exclusive to?), so I don't want to get my hopes up when some of these announcements could potentially just be for merch or concerts or something.

But if I'm being more optimistic, I hope the announcements include ports/remasters or full on remakes of Persona 1 through to 3, perhaps some new spin-offs (but no more dancing games please), and a Persona 6 announcement (which I think is actually pretty likely, it will probably be in the one set for late 2022)

Well here are some of the things I hope happen..

Persona 6 (Seems very likely this will happen) 

P4G ported to PS4/Switch

Persona 1 - 3 ported to everything

Persona 3 Remake (If the above doesn't happen, I really hope a remake is in the works)

Persona 5 Arena (Surprised this isn't even out yet, this has to be one of the announcements) 

Persona Q 1 & 2 ported to the Switch (Dunno how the dungeons will work since it relied heavily on the 3DS touch screen, but I'm sure they can work around that. Cmon...LIGHT THE FIRE UP!) 

New dancing game that features all characters from 1-5 

I would love P3 remake or P6 announcement but I also hope we get something different and fun. Like a Sports game with all the characters or something like that or a action adventure game starring characters from different games (like the velvet room randomly sucked different characters up and dropped them in a new world)

I dont know, i just want something different

The last announcement will probably be P6. It'll probably be a tease next year and probably won't come out until the end of this console generation, lol.

A P3 and/or P4 remake with the dancing models would be pretty blessed. P4 can remain as the same game, but P3 should probably combine elements from FES and Portable. Controllable party members and being able to do the social links of all of your party members regardless of your gender is a necessity. It was kinda dumb how only the FeMC could do the social links with the male party members. That being said, the male party members basically replaced some of the social links from the male MC's side so if they don't want to remove some links, they'll need to do some arcana rearranging.

Since this is a 25th anniversary celebration, I really hope they do something with P1 and P2 since they've never got any highlights since their PSP ports. A remake of P1 and the P2 duology with a social link integration would be crazy!

And yeah, one of these has got to be P5 Arena. ArcSys needs to be on the developing team though, especially after them integrating rollback with Guilty Gear. A 3D ArcSys Persona fighting game with rollback is a godsend combination!

Just now, Golden Devil Gamer said:

The last announcement will probably be P6. It'll probably be a tease next year and probably won't come out until the end of this console generation, lol.

A P3 and/or P4 remake with the dancing models would be pretty blessed. P4 can remain as the same game, but P3 should probably combine elements from FES and Portable. Controllable party members and being able to do the social links of all of your party members regardless of your gender is a necessity. It was kinda dumb how only the FeMC could do the social links with the male party members. That being said, the male party members basically replaced some of the social links from the male MC's side so if they don't want to remove some links, they'll need to do some arcana rearranging.

Since this is a 25th anniversary celebration, I really hope they do something with P1 and P2 since they've never got any highlights since their PSP ports. A remake of P1 and the P2 duology with a social link integration would be crazy!

And yeah, one of these has got to be P5 Arena. ArcSys needs to be on the developing team though, especially after them integrating rollback with Guilty Gear. A 3D ArcSys Persona fighting game with rollback is a godsend combination!

Agreed, the fact Shinjiro's fate changes only on the FeMC route really sucks

• Like 1

Update: One of the teasers possibly confirmed to be Persona 6. Job listing page on the atlus website revealed it. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/07/13/persona-6-confirmed-to-create-a-6-which-exceeds-5

"

Earlier today, we reported that Atlus revealed an updated Persona website teasing many franchise-related projects in the works. It looks like one of those is a now confirmed Persona 6, an entry that the company wants to see exceed what was accomplished with the previous entry. 

The Persona 6 confirmation is thanks to an official recruitment page that Atlus Japan uses. This site includes interviews held with a variety of Atlus employees to get a feel for what the culture was like at the company and more about upcoming projects. It was during these interviews that the confirmation that Persona 6 is in development was found. 

According to Atlus director Naoto Hiraoka, the vision for Persona 6 is not a small one and one that can't be realized with the current staff. That is the drive behind the recruitment ad, to garner for talent to make this the game that they want to deliver. "

"Thanks to a large amount of support we received for Persona 5, we have gotten a sense of accomplishment," said Hiraoka. "But we can’t stop there. When we created Persona 4, there was the pressure that it had to exceed Persona 3. Now, we will have to create a 6 which exceeds 5. However, exceeding 5 will be difficult with the current staff. I would like to surpass this tall hurdle with everyone who joins us in this recruitment. The workplace is perfect for those who want a creative challenge when it comes to bringing games to the world.”

How far along in the development process Persona 6 is, or even if it is currently in active development, remains to be seen. But with the recent teasers made by the company, it looks like we may be learning more about what's next for the Persona franchise very soon. "

Edited by SnowxSakura

9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Snip

I don’t think “is Persona 6 happening?” has ever really been the question. It’s “will we see any Persona 6 assets as one of these announcements” that’s up for debate. Interesting article, but not sure it helps answer that one

• Like 1

I was thinking about starting P1 PSP, I guess I should hold off in case we get a remaster / remake. I'd probably play P3 and P4 again on newer systems (I played them both on Vita).

I guess people love the P4 Arena games. I suck at fighting games and hate them, but I forced myself through the two out there so I could experience the story. If we do get a new Arena, I hope it has a "bad at fighting games, here for the story" difficulty level for the campaign. If it has no campaign, I won't bother.

I am still playing Strikers, but a follow up to that (with a different team, or an Arena / Q team-up) would be cool. I liked the Dancing games - I'm not great at rhythm games but I liked those, and of course the Persona music is always great to experience in new ways. It would be cool to see the P3 story continued after the Aigis storyline from FES (this is a good candidate for a new Arena I guess).

Of course P6 is coming regardless, so I'm more excited for other potential games.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I was thinking about starting P1 PSP, I guess I should hold off in case we get a remaster / remake. I'd probably play P3 and P4 again on newer systems (I played them both on Vita).

I guess people love the P4 Arena games. I suck at fighting games and hate them, but I forced myself through the two out there so I could experience the story. If we do get a new Arena, I hope it has a "bad at fighting games, here for the story" difficulty level for the campaign. If it has no campaign, I won't bother.

I am still playing Strikers, but a follow up to that (with a different team, or an Arena / Q team-up) would be cool. I liked the Dancing games - I'm not great at rhythm games but I liked those, and of course the Persona music is always great to experience in new ways. It would be cool to see the P3 story continued after the Aigis storyline from FES (this is a good candidate for a new Arena I guess).

Of course P6 is coming regardless, so I'm more excited for other potential games.

With the way FES ended and Persona 4 arena with Elizabeth, it could definitely have another story with them

Edited by SnowxSakura

On 7/23/2021 at 1:38 AM, Eyjabria said:

One of the projects is a farming sim Persona 5: Milking All Day.

Well yeah but it's a business. We all started SMT at different times and honestly I respect everyone's experience and appreciated the love because you understand the series and get what makes the games so special. I came from SMT to persona and frankly loved the first 2 personas. Those that started on 3 or 4 or 5 are gonna be pretty damn happy to see previous games in the series for sure.

My true hope is that Devil Summoner and Devil summoner Soul Hackers both get a modern release, I think I may have been obsessed beyond any healthy measures with Devil Summoner on the Sega Saturn. But it was worth it as it lead me to the previous SFC SMT games and sega cd, they also lead me to Persona and I f'n loved the first 2 games. These older SMT games are darker games then the Persona Series but an alternative universe that all fans will immediately understand.

Amazingly though, I truly dislike the Dancing/Fighting games, sorry for the hate but you guys can like them of course. 

• 1 month later...