Comments posted deleted

4 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Do they at least give reasonable explanation? Cause sometime people can follow the rules and still get their comments deleted without knowing why. That's what can get really frustrating.

If you quote someone who violated a rule with their message, the entire chain will get removed

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, F1rstinFlight said:

Yeah and this happens frequently right now and sometimes even when you don’t say anything offensive directly to another person. It’s unclear what criteria the mods use when they determine what to delete. An even bigger issue is entire threads getting deleted with no warning…

It seems like they just delete comments if its from specific people because I posted stuff that wasn't offensive and actually useful information and it gets removed...

• Like 2

Over the past few days, a number of my posts have been deleted. Yesterday I made a comment on the dispute that is currently highlighted, just asking why the thread was reopened because that case had already been closed. Questioned the authority!? Have your post deleted then. I seriously need to rethink if it's still worth using this forum, it's been quite frustrating to be here on a daily basis. And maybe this comment of mine or your thread will also be muted.

I'm glad that I've never paid a Premium membership, it must be very frustrating to support this site and be treated like crap by staff/mods lol

Just now, kevao97 said:

Over the past few days, a number of my posts have been deleted. Yesterday I made a comment on the dispute that is currently highlighted, just asking why the thread was reopened because that case had already been closed. Questioned the authority!? Have your post deleted then. I seriously need to rethink if it's still worth using this forum, it's been quite frustrating to be here on a daily basis. And maybe this comment of mine or your thread will also be muted.

Yeah I bet you this thread get deleted soon lol I have it bookmarked in chrome so i'll know if it gets deleted

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

Clearly you haven't been to other sites if you think PSNP is strict lol. 

Granted, I have seen posts get deleted that I didn't think should have, but it's still one of the tamest moderation places on the internet imo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Clearly you haven't been to other sites if you think PSNP is strict lol. 

Granted, I have seen posts get deleted that I didn't think should have, but it's still one of the tamest moderation places on the internet imo. 

I have been - and still am - and you are partly right. I'm quite a digital nomad, I tend to go to certain environments for a few periods (months) and then leave that place. I'm banned on other trophy sites and communities for reasons bordering on overkill, but that's another point.

If you are referring to the recent comments that were removed from a dispute, the mods don't normally moderate that section. The CRT does.

The reason why your comments were removed was likely because the CRT felt like it wasn't relevant to the dispute, was all speculative, or it was just noise and didn't contribute to the discussion. The section is moderated much stricter than other sections so it's possible that you didn't break any specific rules, but it was rather just unhelpful to the dispute.

As to why some threads just go poof? That's because some threads are not worth saving. They're 7-9 pages long and 4-5 full pages of insults, shaming, and trolling. We shouldn't have to explain or create a status update ever time we take a thread or comment down because that would be a lot. If you ever want to know why, PM a mod/CRT (if it pertains to a dispute thread) and ask if you are that curious instead of... Whatever this is... We will be pretty straightforward with you if you just ask us directly.

My advice would be to just don't take it so personally. Sometimes, a comment is fine in a vacuum, but may be in response to someone trolling or derailing a thread and is taken down with it to prevent further derailing/trolling or may just be simply off topic.

If you have further questions about the moderation in general or hell, just want to give us some constructive criticism, our PM boxes are always open.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Spelling
  • Like 3