Can't play ps plus games on Ps3

SUPERVIRAL

2 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Select [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Restore Licenses]. Or something along those lines.

The option is not on the ps3. Account management is under ps network and there isnt any option for restoring licenses.

4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

There was a big thread a while ago where some people reported issues with access to old Plus games. Go do a search for that, as it could offer some tips

The thread was on psnprofiles?

5 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

There was a big thread a while ago where some people reported issues with access to old Plus games. Go do a search for that, as it could offer some tips

Nvm forund it.

2 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You have to start the download again, you can cancel it right away, The game will be playable again. The problem could be though that your game isn't on the download list anymore cause of some error from sonys site.

What do you mean bu start the download again. I have it downloaded already.

3 minutes ago, SUPERVIRAL said:

It wont let me download again because the games dont even show up. I have ps plus but the ps plus symbol is not by my avatar.

I can't see it either. Not on your profile in psn and not here on psnp. It sounds stupid, but are you sure that you have an active PS+ Membership? If so you have to contact the playstation support.

1 minute ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I can't see it either. Not on your profile in psn and not here on psnp. It sounds stupid, but are you sure that you have an active PS+ Membership? If so you have to contact the playstation support.

I bought a one month subscription on july 8th. I guess ill have to contact them

Sounds like a user account issue so, like you said you bought a PsPlus sub but it doesn't reflect that on your account when using your PS3. Is it the same case on PS4?

Never seen the same PSN with Plus only work on one console but not another before.

Just to test I had a few PsPlus expired on my PS3 from 2017 and was able to start them up without issue just now. Could also find them on my transaction list.

14 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Sounds like a user account issue so, like you said you bought a PsPlus sub but it doesn't reflect that on your account when using your PS3. Is it the same case on PS4?

Never seen the same PSN with Plus only work on one console but not another before.

Just to test I had a few PsPlus expired on my PS3 from 2017 and was able to start them up without issue just now. Could also find them on my transaction list.

It shows on my profile on ps4 and online but not ps3

2 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

I had this issue and lost access to all my PS3 and Vita plus titles.  Support is not helpful and told me to contact the developer to try and get access back.  So far I have only gotten 3 titles back and paid for one other. 

Wow that is so dumb.

4 hours ago, SUPERVIRAL said:

I bought a one month subscription on july 8th. I guess ill have to contact them

I read somewhere in this site that if you let your subscription to PS plus lapse you will lose all of your collected purchases on PS3 and VITA. Renewing will no longer restore them as it did in the past. Its gone I'm afraid. Sony wants us off PS3/VITA. Expect the same on PS4 once the 6 is out.

here is the sad last few posts of the thread

another issue is that if you changed your PSID to something else, you may also lose your PS3 games. 

Greedy PIG corporation.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

To those who didn't even read OP posts properly: This isn't a problem on user-end, it's on Sony-end. I have been affected and countless others here on PSNP have been as well. Sony is not willing to fix and they are aware of the problem. They are simply ignoring because ps3 is past it's due date, so you're either SOL if you get affected by this or can choose to fight back through legal means (That's what I'm doing).

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

To those who didn't even read OP posts properly: This isn't a problem on user-end, it's on Sony-end. I have been affected and countless others here on PSNP have been as well. Sony is not willing to fix and they are aware of the problem. They are simply ignoring because ps3 is past it's due date, so you're either SOL if you get affected by this or can choose to fight back through legal means (That's what I'm doing).

Start a class action suit. You wont have problems finding affected people. In fact anyone who has been a dedicated PS Plus member should sign on.  I would.

• Like 2