Is this a Plainswalker clone?

I have Dueals of the PLainswalker, and absolutely love it, and when I saw this game offered for free to PLUS users, I was interested. However, after watching a few videos, it looks to me like a clone of Plainswalkers.

Has anyone here played both games by chance, and if so, are the differences worth having the two games, or are they, as it appears, pretty much one and the same game?

I have Dueals of the PLainswalker, and absolutely love it, and when I saw this game offered for free to PLUS users, I was interested. However, after watching a few videos, it looks to me like a clone of Plainswalkers.

Has anyone here played both games by chance, and if so, are the differences worth having the two games, or are they, as it appears, pretty much one and the same game?

Just to let you know I own this game too... if you get it for free then we should co-op... I think there is a bunch of DLC too to boost your decks...i suck at card games but i still think they are fun.

Sorry i cant answer your question but I did play the first magic game on PSN... but not the second... it seems comparable though...

Sorry i cant answer your question but I did play the first magic game on PSN... but not the second... it seems comparable though...

Yeah, sorry, I forgot that there are 2 Plainswalker games available. I have and play the first one, not the new one that was recently released.

• 7 months later...

it is slightly similar. but there are some huge differences in how the game is played that change the experience entirely. to start with you dont have a hand that you play from, you have 3 cards that start out on the table and 3 under the initial 3 that come into play once the top row has been eliminated. also there is a sort of RPG formation and element jewel effect that come into play. with MTG you can build a deck that will get you through most situations if you know how to play. with this game you have to try to think for most situations ahead of time because like i said you only have 6 cards to play with period. also the games go alot faster. i would say theres more strategy involved just different. i love MTG have over several thousand cards IRL haha. just no one to play with anymore. hence my love of the digital CCG/TCG games. the MTG games are cool, i have the first one. elemental is a great game but it seems to try to get as much money as it can out of you in order to play online. you have to use tickets and the game only comes with 100 after that you have to buy more. but if you enjoy it then its really not super spendy. also have the eye of judgment ps3 and psp games. though ive been told the online component is now shut down QQ

anyways.... yes its a great game if you like TCG/CCG games and no its not a clone. only real similarities are that you fight monsters on cards haha. honestly id compare it more to the digimon CCG as theres no mana type cards that are played.

• 4 years later...

I know the thread is crazy old but still I have to point out that Wade may be mentally retarded.

While at first glance the two games have a semi-similar layout (cards on a flat surface, who'd a thunk) he said he played Planeswalker and then looked at gameplay of this and called it a "clone". The two play nothing alike and this isn't even really a card game, the cards could have easily been 3D monster models and played its self off like a rip-off Pokemon game. You have no resource mechanic for putting things into play like MTG, these characters have actual health that retains damage even in between turns and you don't draw anything.

The games are nothing alike. This is hardly even a card game.