Cross-Controller DLC on a JP PS Vita using a diffrenet region account

Citer01

I want to get a Japenese PS Vita so that I could do the Cross-Controller DLC but I dont know if I can use the dlc since dlcs are apparently region locked. My thinking was that If I buy the dlcs on the ps3 I could just sign in to my account and download them but I dont know if that would be possible, any advice??

29 minutes ago, Citer01 said:

I want to get a Japenese PS Vita so that I could do the Cross-Controller DLC but I dont know if I can use the dlc since dlcs are apparently region locked. My thinking was that If I buy the dlcs on the ps3 I could just sign in to my account and download them but I dont know if that would be possible, any advice??

You don't need a JP Vita to use the DLC, just a JP account so you can actually buy it but the DLC is region locked, thus you will also need a JP copy of the game. Unfortunately, the JP version has no online connectivity any more due to the servers closing down years ago so the online trophies are unobtainable. AFAIK, the Cross-Controller Pack was never delisted so should still be in the PS store, you just have to dig deep for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

You don't need a JP Vita to use the DLC, just a JP account so you can actually buy it but the DLC is region locked, thus you will also need a JP copy of the game. Unfortunately, the JP version has no online connectivity any more due to the servers closing down years ago so the online trophies are unobtainable. AFAIK, the Cross-Controller Pack was never delisted so should still be in the PS store, you just have to dig deep for it.

Thanks for the info just one correction, I dont want to use JP account, I just wanted to buy a JP vita and use my EU account on it so technically I could use the normal version of the game since games arent region locked but Im no sure if it will work properly with the dlc since it will be a JP vita.

I've got 2 problems:

-Will the dlc work on the JP vita using a diffrent region account

-Will the online work with a different region acc + game disc on the JP Vita

(diffrenet region as in different from Japan)

Edited by Citer01

46 minutes ago, Citer01 said:

Thanks for the info just one correction, I dont want to use JP account, I just wanted to buy a JP vita and use my EU account on it so technically I could use the normal version of the game since games arent region locked but Im no sure if it will work properly with the dlc since it will be a JP vita.

I've got 2 problems:

-Will the dlc work on the JP vita using a diffrent region account

-Will the online work with a different region acc + game disc on the JP Vita

(diffrenet region as in different from Japan)

1: Doesn't matter. All accounts work on all hardware. Region locking is based on your profile region, not the hardware (unless you want to watch films, then the lockout is hardware based).

2: I believe Asian/JP Vitas are hardcoded to have the X and O button functions switched (though I could be wrong), therefore you may have trouble even getting a Western made game to work if it doesn't automatically convert those buttons to work the same way they do in the West. Server regions are determined by both whatever IP Address your ISP gives you and what region your profile is set to - the hardware has nothing to do with it AFAIK.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

46 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe Asian/JP Vitas are hardcoded to have the X and O button functions switched (though I could be wrong)

As an owner of two JP Vitas (one OLED and one Slim), I can confirm the X and O buttons are hardcoded with X being used to cancel and O to confirm, but only on the home menu and built in applications.

Edited by ElevExplorer64
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

As an owner of two JP Vitas (one OLED and one Slim), I can confirm the X and O buttons are hardcoded with X being used to cancel and O to confirm, but only on the home menu and built in applications.

I have been curious if it was only on the Home Screen or if every game had them flipped. Thanks!

I have two OLED models, but I’ve been eyeing picking up a slim and it seems they’re all import models these days.