Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

My apologizes for the long period between updates.  Life has been crazy and I believe it is settling down a little.  

@JourneySilvers Congrats on the 2 completions.  I got them both in the spreadsheet, I couldn't give any story points for Unpacking though as it was way to short to qualify.  I did give points for platinum on it though :).  

@cjninja125 Great job.  I added 3 of the 4 games you turned in.  With Watch dogs being the only one as I wanted to offer you a choice before I did.  I noticed you started the ps4 version more recently and I want to see if you want to hold off on me adding the ps3 version since you completed the story for the ps3 version prior to the event starting I can't give you any story points and if I give you points for the plat on ps3 then you wouldn't be able to get any points at all for the ps4 version since we don't allow version stacks.  It is your choice though so let me know, I just want to be as fair as possible. :) 

@Tenzai1980 Congrats!  I have your 3 games added to the spreadsheet.  And no worries I think most of us go outside our lists for our games hehe. :) 

@sindrics Great Work, on remembering all those :) hehe.  That retro site looks great, I will have to check it out in more detail later.  I have you all added in.  Just a heads up for the retro pokemon games, I will go by generations for counting for points :)   Looks great, not that I need more games to play for achievements hehe.

Keep up the great work everyone.

• Like 3

Going to do a personal update for myself as I realized I haven't on here in awhile.

Life is Strange - PS4 - Completed and Platinum - This was a better game then I initially excepted it to be.  I had heard mixed reviews going into it and while the story was good, and the ability to replay your choices right away to see the immediate differences/ outcomes is nice, I found out pretty fast that ultimately those choices you made didn't effect the main story all that much.  Which I found a little sad, I was hoping for replay value of super good or super evil (jerk) character.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - PS4 - Completed and Platinum - This was a fun laid back rpg that basically took me the last 2 weeks of april and the first two-ish of May to complete.  I could have done it faster, just wasn't into speed running it.  It was nice to have a laid back can't really miss any trophies and still enjoy the story game.  The music was nice, the story not bad, I could kinda see where they were taking it about halfway through which wasn't bad.

Dragon Fantasy Book 2: PS3 - Completed and platinum - This was not on my list like the other 2, I needed a another rpg that was a uncommon level platinum for another event.  And since I had played the first one a year or 2 ago I decided to go to this one.  Fun, retro style (snes level 16 bit graphics), with old school music and just a good time reliving my old snes rpg days, with out having to actually having to get the snes out and hook it up to my CRT from college.  If you can find the series on sale I recommend giving it a try if you are an old school gamer like me.  :) 

Now those 3 are the only ones I am turning in for points as I did play a few other things but none of them were long enough to even come close to qualifying for points.

Stories Untold - ps4 - completed - very short 4 episode horrorish game.  The idea was good, and solid but I think it needed a little more work, it was an indie studio so I don't feel cheated on how much I spent (not much got it on halloween sale last year).  The real let down was the controls weren't the greatest in the episode were it wasn't text based adventure.  The story decent but way to predictable if you paid attention.  This game had no platinum and whole thing only took me 2.5 hours to fully complete even with missable trophies.

Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire Green  and Blue versions - PS4 - both complete and platinumed -  These were games I picked up cheap for easy platinums and gold trophies for another event.  Not hard games kinda boring and like I said needed them for another event.  Each one didn't take me long in total to complete though it looks like longer on my profile since they were easy to pick up and put down when I only had 30 or minutes to play inbetween meetings or projects for work.

Burnout Paradise - PS3 - FInished off the remaining trophies in the DLC that I could possibly get without cheating and with the servers being shut down.  Only 1 of the DLC was able to be completed fully the party pack DLC for which I had to buy a German copy of the Ultimate box of the game to get it.  No story just playing as a party of people locally.  Once I got the disc took less than 3 hours to complete it.  I was luck enough that the Original copy bare bones disc I still had allowed me to order the big island DLC from in game, something GoTY edition one I picked up for 5 bucks to see what DLC it had available, and the Ultimate Box wouldn't allow even after I made a german PSN account.  Cost me probably 24 to 30 bucks but I was able to get all but 1 trophy and that one required online play.  It also unlocked some toy cars by doing certain challenges that allowed me to get couple of toy DLC trophies.  I think now there are only 3 or 4 trophies that technically can still be unlocked but since I don't have the DLC cars you had to buy and don't know anyone who bought them for there profiles before the servers went down I doubt I will be getting those.  I saw a few people who got them recently who never even started the game before the servers went down and since none of them have gotten back to me with legit means to still get them  I am assuming they cheated as there is away to trick your profile save into thinking you have all the paid dlc cars.  but I won't go that route. 

Currently I working on both Sakura wars and Trails of Cold Steel 4.  I started sakura wars and then when I bet the those fluff mahjong games I was sitting at 99 plats and since I wanted to make Cold steel 4 my 100th, Sakura wars got bumped for the time being for it.  I haven't been too focused on playing games though lately like I said in my earlier post life has been a bit challenging to say the least so gaming wasn't always my top choice or something I had enough time for.

Take care all and happy gaming,  I look forward to see all your posts and I will try to update more often.

• Like 2

Update! ?

On list:

Lacc76c.png

I have finally finished the story to Blue Reflection Second Light. And wow, what an experience that was. That game is extremely special. Anyone who likes JRPGs... I'd highly suggest this game. I'm not striking it from my list yet because I want to get its platinum (needs a second playthrough) but that'll be a while because I loaned the game to the boyfriend. 

Off list: 

L0de4d8.png

Graveyard Keeper, Story and Platinum! I was obsessed with this game the moment I started it. Imagine gameplay similar to cozy farming sims, but with dead bodies and black markets instead? As dark as that sounds, the game is big on dark humor, so its mostly played off as comedy. Still, a very addicting gameplay loop (especially if you have the DLCs)!

Lf5723f.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleased, Story and Platinum! I started this game back up just because I was missing time with my vita, and again, I ended up addicted to it. I actually had previously assumed I wouldn't like musos very much, but the mindless grinding was actually super fun, and I would be happy to play other games from the genre now. 

• Like 4

Hey, so it's been awhile since I've updated...really anywhere.  Had something of a break from trophy hunting that leaded to me just not caring about trophy hunting in general.  However, I've still been actively playing, and since this forum isn't trophy focusers, I wanted to keep engaged on it.  So here's a little update.

Finished - Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS):  This is a great game but doesn't hold a candle to Three Houses.  The story is fine, but I didn't feel particularly grabbed by it.  I did think the map design was top tier though, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone trying to fill up their DS before the stores become a burden to mess with in August.  

Currently - Lost In Shadows (Wii on Wii U):  If you like puzzle platformers and own a Wii U, snag this one up.  It's slightly tedious at parts, but right now, I'm very much enjoying it.  Basically, you play a young boys shadow, and all the platforms you use are actually the shadows of the other platforms in the game.  I'm not selling it particularly well, but it's a great little title that I think takes a fairly unimaginative premise and handles it very smoothly.

Okay, I'm going to try to post here more often, especially regarding the remainder of my list.  I haven't touched any of those titles, but I'd like to get back into them shortly.

• Like 3

Guardian's of the Galaxy PS5  

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga PS5

Far Cry 4 PS4

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands PS5

Gran Turismo 7 - PS5

Elden Ring - PS5

Stardew Valley PS4

Tales of Arise PS5

Wreckfest PS4

Yakuza 0 PS4

Finally got one done!  80th Platinum - Stardew Valley, also my 5000th trophy!  I'm working on Tiny Tina's Wonderland co-op with my wife, so that one is progressing but will still take some time, as we only get a few days of gaming per week together!  For solo, I think Guardian's of the Galaxy will be next!

• Like 3

My list is the classic PS1 games available at the new PsPlus. I'm playing all of them on PS4 so I just started a couple weeks ago.

Later I will update where I am on each.

It's super nostalgic for me, so I'm playing all of them legit, no trophies guide/walkthrough or cheats.

1- Ape Escape (started) - Beaten in 1999, playing again to get the trophies.

2-Wild Arms (26h10m) - Beaten in 1998, used the duplicator trick at the end, not this time.

3-Resident Evil Director's cut(first save) - I never beat this game, I tried in the '90s with no success.

4-Syphon Filter (not started) - I probably played for 10 minutes on the original playstation.

5-Hot Shots Golf (not started) - Never played this one.

6-Jumping Flash! - Never played this one.

7-I.Q. Intelligence Qube (Stage 7) - I only played the demo before.

8-Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - It's a hard game, I tried a few times around 2000, never beat it.

9- Toy Story 2 - Never played this one.

10-Tekken 2 (not started on PS4) - This one...., I probably already played +100 hours in my lifetime, bought on PS3 and I completed the game with all chars in less then 2 hours, so I won't get any points with this one. Too bad don't have trophies.

Extra: Not really a fan of Mr Driller and Worms but maybe I check em to complete the PS1 games on the service.

Edited by CobraMJD
Wild Arms time when this post was made
  • Like 2

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (PS5)
Far Cry 6 (Ps5)
Zombie army trilogy (Ps4)
Lost Judgement (PS5)
Super Mario U (WII U)
Prince of Persia The sands of time (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Splinter Cell (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Assassins creed Chronicles: China (Ps4)
Watch dogs (Ps4)
Assassins creed Chronicles India (Ps4)

Finally finished Zombie army trilogy after abandoning it months ago i hope now i have got this monkey on of the back i can finally move. Its not a bad game btw its just taking forever to get it done!
I have no idea what to play next....

• Like 2

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (PS5)
Far Cry 6 (Ps5)
Zombie army trilogy (Ps4)
Lost Judgement (PS5)
Super Mario U (WII U)
Prince of Persia The sands of time (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Splinter Cell (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
Assassins creed Chronicles: China (Ps4)
Watch dogs (Ps4)
Assassins creed Chronicles India (Ps4)

Great game i think a must play for a fan of the assassins creed lore. I think this is more of an assassins creed game than odyssey thats for sure

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

right then here are my 10 games

in no particular order:

1. Paper Mario, the Origami king (Switch). i think i completed part of the intro up to the first save block

2. Lego Jurassic World (3ds). bought it but never started

3. Agatha Christie, the ABC murders (DS). played the first hour or so, i don't know how far into the story i got (i never read the novel)

4. Kirby Star Allies (Switch). completed world 1

5. Ace Combat Assault Horizon legacy (3ds). bought but never started 

6. Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch), believe i have done 4/8 gyms

7. Super Mario 3D All stars (Switch). not played in a while, can't rember how far i got (probably will start new save)

8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch). got to world 3 boss

9. Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch). can't remeber how far i got

10. Tom Clancy's Ghost recon shadow wars (3ds). 4th or 5th mission i think

if anyone wants to check to see if they are eligible then go ahead

i am unlikely to play them until at least Monday evening

• Like 2

Season 2 Summary (01 - 06.2022):

We kind of had 11 members active in Season 2 as seen on Leaderboard. Progression was slower in that half a year, for a few of us very much so ?.

Member S2 Points S2 Games S2 Place Total Points Total Games Total Place
1 (06) sindrics 14.75 16 1 32.25 33 2
2 (02) Spinacheq 11.5 11 2 27.5 23 3
3 (10) cjninja125 10.5 12 3 20.5 33 4
4 (08) milk-aholic 9 10 4 35.5 31 1
5 -(14) JourneySilvers 8.5 8 5 8.5 8 8
6 (11) Gretchen27 5.5 8 6 9 12 7
7 (03) Tenzai1980 5.5 5 6 17 17 5
8 (04) willythom88 3 3 8 6 6 10
9 (01) Arethien 2 3 9 13.5 17 6
10 -(17) FFATMA 2 1 9 2 1 11
11 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 2 11 2 3 11
12 (09) gazdavis11 0 0 12 7 4 9
13 (12) arsenal4life1471 0 0 12 1 1 13
14 -(13) SmellsLikeJazz 0 0 12 0 0 14
15 -(16) StewartBros 0 0 12 0 0 14

To compare with Season 1:

Member S1 Points S1 Games S1 Place
1 (08) milk-aholic 26.5 21 1
2 (06) sindrics 17.5 17 2
3 (02) Spinacheq 16 12 3
4 (03) Tenzai1980 11.5 12 4
5 (01) Arethien 11.5 14 4
6 (10) cjninja125 10 21 6
7 (09) gazdavis11 7 4 7
8 (11) Gretchen27 3.5 4 8
9 (04) willythom88 3 3 9
10 (07) AffectatiousDonk 1 1 10
11 (12) arsenal4life1471 1 1 10
12 (05) Kishnabe 0 0 12

Congratulations for everyone on their clears and also just for playing games for fun without any clears, as fun is the most important part! 

Although I hope we can finish what we want to without too many distractions ?.

• Like 1

ah rats, looks like i won't be able to bring my chromebook with me on holiday with me so no communication until i get back which is in... 4 weeks.

oh well, when i do get back i will be able to do a big update

anyways, good luck to the rest of you, i will see what happens in 4 weeks

EDIT: short answer: i won't be able to update you guys for 4 weeks

Edited by serrated-banner9
adding the short answer

Hi all,

My deepest apologize on my absence.  Sometime in the first week or 2 of June, my personal life took a wild flip upside down.  I had some family member who decided to spread a nasty lie about me to other family and personal friends.   They even went so far as to take down some of my co-workers on linked in and spread the hate around my work as well.  It had gotten so bad that even though I had the proof that the actions I was being accused of were false, it was just easier for people to run with the crowd so to speak and believe the lies then to listen to me or my wife.  All of this hurt me pretty bad and put me in a very dark place.  I was never one to let what others thought of me get to me in any, some how this all did.  It might have been the complete ostracizing from my family and friends that let me to a place I didn't want to be, but I was there and it took a long time to climb my way out of it.  I don't think I am still out of it yet, though I am trying and working on it everyday.  I haven't even felt like gaming in a long time, the most I would do is turn on my PS4 to veg in the dark to anime, netflix and you tube.  

Now please note I am not telling you all this as I am looking for sympathy or validation of any kind.  I just wanted to be honest with you all about my absence and thanks to help of one my few friends who stuck by myside though out all it, he helped me realize it time to talk about it and to stop blaming myself for letting it happen.  Though out all of this I had did not let @Arethien know about my absence and for this I am deeply sorry and I hope you will accept my apology @Arethien.  Part of being a partner hosting any event is good communication and I failed on that part.

Some people in other events who know my usual level of activity on the forums and then sudden lack of it had reached out to me, and please understand no one should feel in anyway obligated to reach out someone they only really know on an online forum.  That being said this community (psnprofile forums) has a lot of great people who strive every year to bring understand and awareness to both mental and social issues.  Many of them are very approachable and if anyone has concern about someone they talk to on here disappearing or mentioning things I know that they would prefer that if you are too weary or don't think it is your place to reach out to another forum member, can ask them for help.  Most will reach out in your place and just check in with a private message if that is something you feel uncomfortable doing yourself.  Again no one should feel obligated to do anything, or reach out to anyone unless you feel comfortable doing so.  

Thanks all for your time and hopefully your understanding, I am going to try to be more active on here or at least check in every few days or so.  Not sure if I will very game active though I still don't know if I am ready to jump back into life as if nothing happened or at least as if what happened doesn't bother me.  I hope all is well with everyone else and I look forward to ready your gaming updates.

Thanks,

Spinacheq

• Like 4

Just getting back into gaming and trophy hunting after a break of a few years. This sounds like a fun no pressure event that even a low skill gamer like myself could take part in. 

Looking at my backlog I think I will go with these games:

1. Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) only just started and have earned a couple of trophies really enjoying this so far. 

2. Persona 5 Royal (PS4) I already have the platinum for Persona 5 after a fun 250 hour journey now onto Royal just started and on the first palace of the game.

3. Persona 4 Golden (Vita) I am on my new game plus run of this great game but haven't played it for a number of years and want some added motivation to finish it off.

4. Yakuza 0 (PS4) A great game which I have never completed I think the furthest I got was chapter 8. Could be a real challenge as some of the mini games are super hard.

5. Steins;Gate Elite (PS4) one of my favourite games ever and my favourite anime of all time. I do want to complete the elite version at some stage in the coming months having only just started this version.

6. Atelier Ryza (PS4) I really enjoy the Atelier games as they have a nice slice of life feel I have never completed an Atelier game though and I would like for that to change.

7. Death Stranding (PS5) I have yet to play this game but would like to at least try it out in the coming months.

8. Final Fantasy VIII (PS4) another series which I have enjoyed for many years. This along with IX was one of the first FF games that I played back in the PS1 days. I have only played a little of this on PS4 a couple of years ago and feel like I would like to replay this great game.

9. Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5) I am a big fan of this series and would like to progress further than just the very early arcs of this Viking Experience.

10. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5) another game I want to experience from the new Playstation Plus. I believe that there is a PS5 version of this available if not I'll play the PS4 version.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Spider5786 Welcome to event! I've added you to spreadsheet. Although with your list Persona 4 Golden isn't eligible for story completion points, as you already completed it. New game plus doesn't count as story completion. Persona 5 Royal is ok as it's your first on the event list, but be aware of game stacking part of our rules in your future lists or game updates.

Now my update.

I've finally completed something! It's been 4 months since I did.

S4d337c.png
All 13 Trophies
14th August 2022  Platinum in 2 years, 3 months

I wouldn't call The House In Fata Morgana a game. It was a book, very very long book. Very few choices you have are tiny addition to the story. I wouldn't recommend this game to most gamers, book moles, yes. Although story is amazing in many ways, it has too much text. Really, characters talk too much. It can be really overwhelming... boring at places, when you want story to progress faster. (Great game, 8/10.)

• Like 1

On 14/08/2022 at 0:17 AM, Arethien said:

Now my update.

I've finally completed something! It's been 4 months since I did.

S4d337c.png
All 13 Trophies
14th August 2022  Platinum in 2 years, 3 months

I wouldn't call The House In Fata Morgana a game. It was a book, very very long book. Very few choices you have are tiny addition to the story. I wouldn't recommend this game to most gamers, book moles, yes. Although story is amazing in many ways, it has too much text. Really, characters talk too much. It can be really overwhelming... boring at places, when you want story to progress faster. (Great game, 8/10.)

This game has English text or you know japanese?

Also, shouldn't be Fata Morgana's House the title?

Hi all,

long time no see ?

Finished one game on my list: Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy

Nice and easy game, i had a lot of fun with it. Sometimes the camera and i were in war but all in all very great ?

Of the list i finished Cat Quest 2. 

Played the first game and had so much fun with it that i had to get the second game. And game 2 was as fun as game 1

@Spinacheq i hope that the nasty rumor has cleared up and everyone who believed it hat gotten a slap in the face?

• Like 3

@CobraMJD I played a Japanese version, which I don't think has an English option. Yes, I know the language. Game has also English version available on US store.

The House In Fata Morgana is an official English title. If you want direct translation it could maybe be Fata Morgana's Mansion or Mansion of Fata Morgana.

• 2 weeks later...

alright, let's do an update as i have away for a while 

On 7/24/2022 at 3:47 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

right then here are my 10 games

in no particular order:

1. Paper Mario, the Origami king (Switch). i think i completed part of the intro up to the first save block

2. Lego Jurassic World (3ds). bought it but never started

3. Agatha Christie, the ABC murders (DS). played the first hour or so, i don't know how far into the story i got (i never read the novel)

4. Kirby Star Allies (Switch). completed world 1

5. Ace Combat Assault Horizon legacy (3ds). bought but never started 

6. Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch), believe i have done 4/8 gyms

7. Super Mario 3D All stars (Switch). not played in a while, can't rember how far i got (probably will start new save)

8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch). got to world 3 boss

9. Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch). can't remeber how far i got

10. Tom Clancy's Ghost recon shadow wars (3ds). 4th or 5th mission i think

if anyone wants to check to see if they are eligible then go ahead

i am unlikely to play them until at least Monday evening

here's my list and 2 games completed (and 1 out of list completion)

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

first game completed:

Kirby Star Allies | Nintendo Switch games | Games | Nintendo

fun: 6/10

difficulty: 4/10

a reasonably fun one, normal kirby formula of platforming and the last boss being a literal God but now with freinds, just throw a heart at a enemy and they will help you and you can have up to 3 Friends at once!!!

the friends are ai contered but if you have a extra joy con then you can play co-op :D

game completed number 2:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Review - Just Push Start

fun: 9/10

difficulty: 3.5/10

this is .... my new favourite 3ds game. controls are simple (up to go down. down to go up etc) and the story is good.

speaking of the story.., if you played ace combat 2 on the orignal ps1, then you already know what the story is, but if you don't then it's you normal rebel uprising story but the rebels actually have a GOOD reason to revolt and i won't tell what it is because that rewires explaing some of ace combat lore (not really but i would probably tie to ace combat 0 on ps 2 then end up explaining the whole timeline) and that would just be very very very very very long. the characters are also memorable. defontly adding ace combat 7 for ps4 on my wish list.

and my out of list completion:

A YEAR OF SPRINGS by npckc

fun: 7/10

diffculty: 1/10 

i was in the mood for visual novel and yes i did all of the endings. not telling anything but god, is this fun and tells a really good story, no spoliers on the story because you should play it 

updated list:

1. Paper Mario, the Origami king (Switch).

2. Lego Jurassic World (3ds). 

3. Agatha Christie, the ABC murders (DS).

4. Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch),

5. Super Mario 3D All stars (Switch). 

6. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch). 

7. Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch).

8. Tom Clancy's Ghost recon shadow wars (3ds)

thank goodness for copy and paste

• Like 1