Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

Hi all, 

I wanted to give an update.  I have been a little less active as I would like to be and have had to rely on @Arethien to cover things more than I wanted to.  As I was hoping to be a equal share active partner in hosting this event.  So currently me and my wife decided that we are moving, and not just across town.  Currently we live just outside of Seattle, Washington, and on the 9th of Sept.  we will be moving to cheyenne Wyoming, approx. 1250 miles away.  So I we have been a bit busy trying to get all our ducks in a row.  So unfortunately I will have to ask @Arethien to continue to be patient with my lack of time.  Once we are there everything should go back to normal fairly quickly. 

Thanks all for your understanding.

Edited by Spinacheq

I've finally, after over 9 months struggle, cleared Wand of Fortune R :platinum:. I of curse read it all, every bit of text they threw at me. Main Game - Wand of Fortune R, Decent game, 6/10. Fan Disc - Wand of Fortune R ~Mirai he no Prologue~, Good game, 7/10. My list post link. 

Sb5871e.png
All 39 Trophies
4th August 2021  Platinum in 9 months, 3 weeks

Main Game is not badly made. It's just too grindy, random and repetitive, with small bits of pretty simple pure story in between. It wouldn't be so hard to play if routes had a split sooner, much much much sooner. 23 weeks of shared route and 1 week of individual route... Ouch!  Background graphics, still graphics and CGs all look nice. BGM is pretty calm and does not interfere, as to haunt you, even after long hours of listening to it during play.

Main Game opening:

Spoiler

Fan Disc was much better. It wasn't turn based, without any items or random events. Although it still didn't allow any mistakes in raising affection. Story was also better, as it had what Fan Discs usually do - higher sweetness level. Not sure which additional content was from Fan Disc, which was added with Vita version, but it had quite a few nice additional events and CGs. It took me about 5 days to clear Fan Disc.

Fan Disc opening:

Spoiler

• Like 1

ive completed and platinumed werewolf the apocalypes earth blood, its nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be and hopefully if they make a sequel they can improve on everything as there is plenty of room for improvement. It s nice to have a werewolf game even if it is a lower quality game just makes me think what it could be like if insomniac or sucker punch made one. Having been on a bit of a werewolf movie binge the last month this game scratched an itch lol.

• Like 1

@sindrics Congrats! ☺️ I lost my second place on our Leaderboard very fast ?.

Game looks and sounds very nice. Based on tabletop RPG, it's world must be nicely done and interesting. Something for fans of Vampire: The Masquerade perhaps?

Are you planning to play Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest Visual Novel? It's made by Polish studio and takes place in Poland even! ?? 

Okay so I think its time for an update for me as well.

I finished Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon but I didn't reach the 10 hours mark ?

They where finished on 100% somewhere about 9 hours 30 minutes soooooo ... yeah. But I don't really care because these games where fire ? (raged only on a few sections ... ?)

54ef62d1-d4b1-44c3-9373-8a43ca7f7000.png

"State of Mind" - Daedalic Entertainment

Finished story, 0/35 -> 29/35 (PS4)

The last few trophies I've left somehow didn't pop and I already played three time through the section I need to replay so I think I'll try this some other time but I can't bring myself to do it right now. By now I think I played the game around 11 to 12 hours.

The game itself is pretty interesting. The visuals a very different from what we are usually used to (as seen in the picture). But it's very well made and I think it fits the whole concept of the story pretty good.

The story revolves around the journalist Richard Nolan who lives in Berlin in the year 2048. Technology is evolving fast and machines (aka droids aka "bots") are all around us but as usual not all people are happy with that.

After his wife leaves Nolan and takes their son with her without much of a word he tries to find out where she went and dives deeper and deeper in a story of a hidden world where the personality of real people is updated in while no one knows that their perfect life isn't even real.

Really enjoyed the game but the fact that you have to play the first half at least two times without your actions making any difference is kinda annoying. I hope next time I start it and try these trophies again I will be more lucky.

19b8e20e-5205-4600-b20b-76de000f4455.png

"SAW" - Zombie Studios

Finished story, 24/47 -> :platinum: 47/47 (PS3)

This took me way too long. I started this game back in Oct 2019. Played it for one day and then never touched it again. It's not even that bad. For fact I actually enjoyed it  most of the time and expected it to be much worse than it turned out to be. Decent enough for a horror movie inspired game (and we all know that games based on films never turn out that great).

Only problem is that the combat is so bad it actually hurts. I don't know what they where thinking or if they where thinking at all ?

David Tapp's life takes a turn to the absolute worst after being captured by the feared Jigsaw killer. He wakes up with the infamous reversed bear trapp on his head and just after escaping that horrible device he finds out that all the other hostages try kill him to get a key to freedom that has been sewed inside of him while he was unconscious. We run into Pighead and many other people that are in some way connected to David. He has to help them to get to the bottom of all this.

I'm a huge fan of the first to movies and the newest one ("Jigsaw"). Quitted on the third one though because that was just to disgusting - maybe I try it again since it has been years ... But the game has more of the early SAW-Touch anyway so it was probably more to my liking anyway.

b7442e1a-ca29-4b96-91d9-836eb2cd84d9.png

"SAW II - Flesh and Blood" - Zombie Studios

Finished story, 0/51 -> :platinum: 51/51 (PS3)

While I was already at it I just finished the second one as well because why not?

The graphics were almost the same as in the first one - maybe a bit but nothing worth noticing.

Good was the change of combat - waaaaaay better. By all means not good but Mary, that was so much nicer than in the first one. Was really happy about that one. Never thought to be this happy about QTEs ?

We now no longer play David Tapp during Jigsaws sick games but a drug addict named Campbell Iman. We play him only for the first section of the game, afterwards we are in control of Michael Tapp - Davids son.

Just like in the first game we stumble upon different victims we have to safe from the brutal traps in order to find out more about our father, his connection to all this and his tragic death.

So I finished story wise 3/10 games.

Trophy wise 2/10 games.

Thats okay for the first month I guess ? I probably will stick to updates with 3-4 games in it as well since I don't always have time or the muse to put up a small update so I think this'll be the right fit for me.

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 2

@milk-aholic Congrats on your clears! Late update of a spreadsheet, but done finally. Sorry about that.

I'm the opposite with updates. I prefer to post it as soon as I'm done. If I waited it would overwhelm me. That's why your update is a little later than usual ?. I was like "Oh no! So many games at once! ? Such a long post! Let's do that... later.".

It's ok to post updates of multiple games at a time if you want, but if you could keep them in time before monthly summary that would be great. As of now your July games weren't included in July summary.

I've counted your Spyro games as usual. They took you close enough time wise, plus they are normal full games. Also I love cute Spyro and just gathering crystals gameplay. Would prefer less challenge in few places, but... they're good games. 

10 hour rule is to stop "you know which" games, speed runners and "closely stuck to a game guide from start to finish" plays. I would like to keep this event casual gamer friendly. ☺️ 

@Arethien Thank you very much!

That's no problem at all. I also updated the trophies for the PS3 pretty late because I have to switch the LAN cable from PS5 to PS3 and I just 

couldn't bother enough, but I try to at least make a short comment after finishing the story/the trophies of a game!

And thanks for adding the two Spyro games, Spyro is indeed a little cutie and it was kind of relaxing running around the world maps and collecting all the crystals before going into the next level! ?

• Like 1

Another update.  Still not done with anything, but I have made quite a bit of progress on Skyward Sword.  I'm about halfway through it now, maybe a little under.  I've been avoiding guides for the most part, though one particular puzzle early on tripped me up and I needed one.

Also, I'm about a third of the way through Trials of Mana.  Loving it so far, not rushing through it though.  I'd like to play through Army of 2 this week, knowing it's my shortest one.  We shall see.

• Like 1

@Arethien thanks for mentioning the Heart of the Forest Visual Novel id never heard of it till you mentioned it and think il pick it up and give it a go at some point, as for Vampire: The Masquerade ive not played but heard their different type of games so not sure if people that liked 1 will like the other. Im going to use my game swap to switch epic battle fantasy 3 for total war sagas: thrones of britannia as ive had a few problems with the game crashing.

Ive completed and 100% battlestar galactica deadlocked on 9/8/2021 proof here  i really enjoyed this game its really well made, nice to see a movie/tv show tie in game thats this good. the only thing i wished they had done was give the 2004 rebbots version of jupiter class battlestars adn cylon basestars. It also has a replay feature that records your battle and shows it in camera shots that make it feel like your watching a battle from the show. A 10/10 for me and a big recomendation if you like battlestar galactica, i just hope the starship troopers terran command game that the devs are making will be as good as this was.

Edited by sindrics
  • Like 1

@willythom88 Thanks for updates! Take your time with games. ☺️

Playing without any guides is the best ?. I of course feel sad when I miss something not attainable afterwards, so I do sometimes google missables, but I always regret afterwards that I did, as it spoils things I didn't want to know ?.

@sindrics Congrats! Updated.

I'm guessing Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia was not started when you swapped it?

With Vampire: The Masquerade being similar to Werewolf: The Apocalypse I meant world setting wise. As both are horror tabletop RPGs with supernatural beings, set in modern times Earth. Vampire: The Masquerade also has two Visual Novels released on PS4, but I think they're pretty simple indie like ones. I will probably pick them someday on some good sale...

@Tenzai1980 Since you mentioned Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star I've been listening to Shikata Akiko when doing spreadsheet updates ?. I knew that opening song sounded familiar! She does a lot of opening songs to games and anime.

Shikata Akiko albums YouTube playlist:

Spoiler

• Like 1

I cleared LEGO Jurassic World story. Took me 5 hours 40 minutes since this event started... so... ? Whole round 0 points for me ?.

My list post link.

S37ccd5.png
28 of 50 Trophies
12th August 2021

I love LEGO and Jurassic Park/World so... No, I can't... Good game, 7/10. I want to give it 8, because of what I said in the first sentence, but then, all LEGO games will score the same for me. Can't give it additional point only because it's franchise I love, x 2 in this case. Or are all LEGO games great for me? Not really sure... ?

Nothing much to say about LEGO game, as they're all kind of the same. They're enough entertaining for me. Humoristic, cute, with nice graphics and a lot of LEGO. I would like them to be longer though. Story wise, not grind wise! 

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

Hola! I would like to sign up :wave:

Need for Speed Payback (PS4) [26% complete]
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) [2% complete]
Summon Night 6 (PSV)
God Wars Future Past (PSV)
Rune Factory 4 (Switch)
Piofiore Fated Memories (Switch)
Pokémon Sword (Switch)
Phantasy Star Nova (PSV)
Spongebob Heropants (PSV)
Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

There are no story completions for the games already started. I went for a mix of genres for my list, & chose for the systems I tend to play the most. I'm looking forward to this batch of games!

Long list version:
Need for Speed Payback: there's something about the New Year that sees me with the urge to play a NFS game. :dunno:, I know strange. Usually I plat them within a month or so, this one -through no fault of its own- has started to collect dust.

I'm still playing through the story (I think I might be a third, maybe halfway through). There's also DLC to finish, but mainly I'd like to progress in the story far enough to cross off the online for right now. Then finish the story mode.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch: a leftover from KYC. My PS3 sees active use… as a DVD player ? I was enjoying this game & would like to get back to it now. Most of the story I remember, so I don't think I'll start over from scratch. It'll probably need two playthroughs to finish. 

Summon Night 6: has been sitting on the shelf for years. Supposedly there's something mediocre about this game, like the voice acting. I'm typically not picky with RPGs though.

God Wars Future Past: another dust collector. Tactical RPGs are a favorite genre of mine, & I think this might be a good one to play on my lunch break or when I've got a few minutes to kill. 

Rune Factory 4: picked this up last week. Not sure how to categorize it for this event as I've never played this series. If there's an end of story roll credits moment I'll be sure to take a screenshot of that or The End title card. As for 100%, no idea what that means for a part RPG, part farming sim. The hosts will have to let me know.

Piofiore: Fated Memories: admittedly, I have high hopes for this VN. I like the premise, the era, & character design. Otomes usually disappointment with diminutive protags though, let's hope this one won't fall into that trope.

I should be able to prove 100%ing all routes by unlocking the full gallery (if it follows the normal VN rules).

Pokémon Sword: got it with my switch. At the time, I decided to play Let’s Go Eevee first & that's all finished now (yes, even Pokedex completion - minus Mew for the shiny charm). Time to jump back into the main series.

Again, I'll leave it to the hosts' discretion on what counts as story & 100%. I was thinking beating the Elite Four (or equivalent) for story completion & completing as much of the Pokedex as possible for a 100%. Either way, I'm gonna sink a 100+ hrs into this period ?

Phantasy Star Nova: a game from an all time favorite series of mine. At least, what I played on PS2 & PSP years ago. Progress may be slow here as I'll need translations for the story. Not letting a language barrier stop me though.

Spongebob Heropants: okay, stop me if this is too short. It's no bother to pick something else, my unplayed backlog is decades long.

If it's allowed, then yeah, something lighter & nostalgic.

Mass Effect Andromeda: no one @me for playing ME2 & then skipping to the supposed worst of the bunch. I'm currently eyeing the Legendary collection for pick up soon. In the meantime, I might as well give this a shot before the servers go. & who knows, I may disagree with the reviews, won't know until I play it.

I'll be sure to keep you all up to date with my list progress, & other games I may play. Fair warning, I love taking screenshots & sharing them. So my posts may look like picture books. I'll always put a brief version at the top so no one has to read through my ramblings ?

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 Welcome. ?

Your list is second after Tenzai1980 in difficulty to check for me ??.

So please forgive me for any chaotic writings that'll follow bellow and any problems that may cause you. ?

Ok, so firstly... I'll have to probably edit first post again to make it clearer, but we don't count 100% completions outside of PlayStation trophy system. Just story clears.

Then story clear gets a point only if it took you more than 10 hours from the point you are when joined this event. Not sure how long Need for Speed Payback will take you from the point you are now. Games in which you are not sure how long it will take you to clear them can still be listed, but if it didn't take you required 10 hours, then they'll be listed as 0 story points. We already have 3 people, with 1 game each, like that on cleared lists ?.

Also with screenshots and story clear proofs please be careful not to post any spoilers. Even when they are in spoiler tags, because me and Spinacheq still have to look at them.

For Otome Visual Novels not on PlayStation systems Gallery Complete screenshot is probably the best, but please edit it with black squares for all CG pictures, as showing that would spoil the whole game. The number of unlocked/available CGs that's shown in the Gallery would be the place I look at. If there's a hidden character in the game hide it too please. This types of games require all routes and all endings for story point. Also you need to understand the language you're playing on. This game has an English release on Switch, which I guess you'll be playing, so no problems here.

With the beforementioned language we come to your Phantasy Star Nova, which you said you'll play in Japanese. Although it's not a Visual Novel, but an RPG I'm not sure if we can count a story clear without you knowing the language ?. I think it wouldn't be fair to people who actually read all text bubbles etc. in a game, as I don't think translation outside of a game would be as detailed. I do admire you though for playing it with some kind of internet translation in hand. Or did you mean you yourself will be translating it? ?

SpongeBob HeroPants is probably not eligible. I have no knowledge about this game, so I may be wrong about this. You yourself not being sure about it and YouTube video having 'Full game episodes long play" done in 3 hours 16 minutes may be the signs that it won't make 10 hours mark for story, even when played casually.

Never played any Pokemon game, but I think main story ends with you beating all gym masters and/or some legendary Pokemon? Also I've been told Pokemon games have main story end credits.

Again, never played it, but Rune Factory 4 has a main story. Even if it won't be end credits, it'll probably have some point of finish line.

Summon Night 6 and God Wars Future Past you'll play in English right? I don't actively search if Japanese games have English releases, so just making sure. ?

That would be my first thoughts about your list. I would ask Spinacheq for a second opinion, but he's taking a break from hosting this event for a time being.

Please let me know if you have any strong objections and if you plan to change anything with your list after reading the above.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1

@ArethienOops ? that wasn't intentional.

No worries, I'm not familiar with the pyramid event this one is sister to, so the rules are confusing/complicated for me.

Non-trophy games = eligible for story completions only. Got it.

I'm not sure how long NFS will take me either at the moment. There's built in grinds preventing story progress, & I tend to wander around for side tasks. I'll leave it on my list for now. We'll see how many hours it takes.

Oh, I didn't think about the spoiler screenshots for you guys. I'll black out anything spoiling the story there. I try not to post images people can infer the story from anyway, but I'll be extra diligent.

Piofore on Switch is the English version, & I'll edit the screenshot so just the unlock ratio shows.

Phantasy Star Nova I planned to use a translated walk-through for story parts. Then keep like an index card or something in my Vita cases with a quick reference menu guide. It's fine not counting for story, I just like running around with a custom designed character ?

Replacing Spongebob then for Soul Crusher- I mean - Sacrifice. That's a good chunk of time.

Pokémon does have what I'd consider a main story. You have to travel the map battling everyone, training/collecting Pokémon & such. They usually take me around 30hrs to see the credits role (never missed a main series game).

We'll play Rune Factory 4 by ear then. It must have an objective to work toward. 

Right, Summon Night 6 & God Wars Future Past are English versions.

Revised list:
Need for Speed Payback (PS4) [26% complete]
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) [2% complete]
Summon Night 6 (PSV)
God Wars Future Past (PSV)
Rune Factory 4 (Switch)
Piofiore Fated Memories (Switch)
Pokémon Sword (Switch)
Phantasy Star Nova (PSV)
Soul Sacrifice (PSV)
Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4)

• Like 2

afbec5c8-dde2-49d6-af46-9540c1f96095.png

"Zero Escape: The Nonary Games" - Spike Chunsoft

Finished story, 0/38 -> 8/38 (PSVita)

I finished the first game "999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors" from the Nonary Game Collection.

Sadly unlike the second game it doesn't track your total time but I guess it would be around 15-17 hours. 

I enjoyed it big time and can't wait to start with "Zero Time Dilemma" after clearing "Virtues Last Reward".

I liked the style a bit more than what awaits someone in "VLR" or "ZTD". All in all it's just the same great story telling, nice voice acting and great puzzles. I think these where a bit easier than "VLR" but maybe I just got the hang of it (had to look up one puzzle though because I just didn't understand what the game wanted me to do - still didn't understand after looking up the solution ?).

The main character, Junpei, wakes up on a boat after being drugged and abducted. Luckily he's not alone. 8 other people share the same fate and together they have to solve different escape rooms to go further and to find the door with the number 9 that guarantees freedom. But the Nonary game is dangerous, time isn't in their favor and they have to stick together to flee from the sinking ship.

That brings me to something I forgot to ask while signing in.

The Nonary Games are two games in one "999" and "VLR". I already finished "VLR" early this year and after realizing it's the second installment I had to buy the first game as well. But you can only buy "999" in the collection or for really big money for the 3DS. 

I would skip through the game to clear the trophies but I don't intend to spend another 35 hours to read though it all because it's been just recently finished (and I wanna start "ZTD" as soon as possible! So hyped!)

So is that okay? Of course no story points for "VLR" just the clear points for the whole collection in the end. So just 1 for the story from "999" and 1 for the platinum?

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 2

@Gretchen27 Ok, list accepted and added to spreadsheet. ?

It's fully my fault for unclear/hard to understand rules, so again, I'm very sorry about that.

I'll be slightly adjusting rules when necessary to make them clear and even for everyone.

I don't want to do many case by case decisions, as these may end up looking unfair in eyes of other event participants. 

@milk-aholic I knew these compilation games with one trophy list would come to haunt me one way or another ?.

I myself wasn't sure how to credit my Wand of Fortune compilation. While in pyramid event I actually forgot Fan Disc is there, listed it as one game, then did the same listing here, although I already remembered there are two. Because of that I took only 1 story clear point for it, but as these type of compilation games will be coming back, such unclarity is not good. Especially as I still remember Romeo VS Juliet compilation of this type, in which both Main Game and Fan Disc took me 100 hours each to clear ?. 

*EDIT*

Clarification of rules moved to opening post.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 2

Hi all, just popping in to say hello, drop off probably my last 2 game completions as most of the systems are boxed up, and the ps4 games are next.  I wanted to finish these 2 as I was also using them for gaming by numbers and that ends on August 31st so I wanted to 100% that event :)  

Seems things are picking up some new faces, joining up, @Arethien is doing an amazing job of covering everything.  Thank you again so much covering for me, it has been weird last week I only turned on the ps4 to veg out in front of a funimation streaming service and never even loaded a game.  And other than work my desktop pc hasn't been turned on for more than 2 or 3 days each of the last 2 weeks.  Move stuff is going well.  We have leased a townhouse and my sister in law is picking up the keys for us on the 20th.  It will be so nice to have our own space again, instead of sharing a house with other people.  It is truly amazing how the tech industry can utterly ruin the housing market of a place.  I have lived just outside of Seattle most of my life but in the last 15 years home prices and rent for apartments have sky rocketed to affordable even for someone who works in the industry.  A 1 bedroom apartment that is an hour drive into the city for work is 1800 bucks, 1600 if you don't mind a more "adventurous" neighborhood.   Where in Wyoming were we are moving too, we rented a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse with a full basement and 2 car garage for 1600 a month.  And that is going to fancy side of town.   Good thing my job is 100% remote, and the nice office space I will set up in the new place will be great.

Ok enough rambling hehe.  So I am turning in Back to the Future The game (DIsc Version) and Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash.  

Back to the Future the Game (PS3) :platinum: = decent game, the animation left something to be desired, the characters just seemed weird as they moved.  Though the voice acting was good.  I give the game a rating of 5/10.  For this game I am counting all 5 episodes as the full story, as they all come on the disc, and you can play them out of order, but where is the fun in that.  each episode took me between 2 to 3 hours just depending on hour obvious or hard the puzzles were.  Some super easy others, had to think a bit more about it.  I am pretty sure the final tally of the game came out to be 13 hours give or take 30 mins not counting the 3 times I had to go back for a trophy as something glitched or messed up on me.  not a horrible game, but the story was strange until the last episode then it was like someone said umm yeah the other stuff didn't track quite right lets write this episode right lol.

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4) :platinum: = This was a pure pleasure game for me.  It had a silly story and was a fun run and gun water gun shooter.  It was great silly game with nice graphics, the action and gameplay was well balanced and easy to grasp.  The music was catchy and enjoyable.  The collectables not too overboard at least for the trophies and not much of a grind over all to do everything.  Overall it was a fun enjoyable laid back game that I didn't need to worry about walkthroughs after completing the main story arc.  I could pick it up play for an hour or 3 and then put it back down just as easy.  Overall rating 8/10.  So the battles for this didn't take long, but the silly story part is were the time was, 4 schools that each had a story, that once you beat them all unlocked the joint story.  Easily 10 hours.  then 20 or so of fun grinding for the platinum.  Though I was torn as there was a special section of sub quest stories that had 5 battles but quick story inbetween that just gave fun background or depth to the characters.  IF you don't mind the obvious fan service of these games the fun laid back game play are well worth it.  I pick up the collectors edition cheap new from a local game shop I will greatly miss.  I have been trying for the last 3 or 4 years to get the owners to put up a website that would let me pre-order games as they do a great job of getting me the harder to find JRPGs and VNs that get limited releases here in America.  Yes I can get those from Amazon, but they get enough of my money and smaller stores need love too as they tend to hire people who actually play and care about the games they sell.

ok, longer post than I intended.  I am going to try to pop in and at keep up on what people are playing as the packing is going well.  I doubt I will have much time for games so I might not have much until after the 12th of Sept. The 9th being the day we start driving, and I believe the moving truck will show up on the 12th or 13th at our new place.  Keep up the great work everyone and I look forward to reading about all your adventures in gaming.

• Like 2

On 11.8.2021 at 10:44 PM, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 Since you mentioned Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star I've been listening to Shikata Akiko when doing spreadsheet updates 1f605.png. I knew that opening song sounded familiar! She does a lot of opening songs to games and anime.

Shikata Akiko albums YouTube playlist:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the music is the reason why i got into the game. I really love this kind of music. A few of the japanese singers i like are: Kokia, Elementgarden, Ando, Canaria, Yuki Kajiura and a lot more :dance:

This my last update i finished 2 more games for which i can get the half point Platin points:

Concrete Genie and Virtua´s Last reward.

I really really fell in love with Concrete Genie. For me it was more like playing a movie than a game and i found the story really interessting. The gameplay was unique and the collectables weren´t so bad. I found all by playing the game normal without relying on a walkthrough (oh wait, not true, i needed help with one but that´s it). The VR mode was great too and i spend way more time there than necessary. Can really recommend this game.

Virtua´s Last reward was a great game and i loved the ending where all was explained. Needed a little help with a few of the riddles but all in all manageable.

• Like 1

I finished LittleBigPlanet: Pirates of the Caribbean (DLC) stages. Decent DLC, 6/10. 

It was... less fun I thought it would. Took me two hours. LittleBigPlanet 2 DLCs are so much better. This one had no sack characters from Pirates of the Caribbean interacting in story. I guess Metal Gear Solid one was also like that... but somehow I enjoyed first DLC more.

I'm terrible at score challenges in LBP games, so I don't know if I'll bother finishing them.

• Like 2

Alright my last post before I actually finish something; just trying to stay involved.  I just beat what many claim to be the hardest boss in Skyward Sword.  It was definitely the hardest boss in the game so far, but that's not saying much; most of them have been pretty tame, though I have liked them a lot.

Trials of Mana is getting a bit more difficult to power through.  I like it, a lot, mind you, but it's very repetitive.  I'm in Chapter 3, so I'm almost halfway done.  

Also, I believe I'll be using my swap to move on from Dragon Quest VIII.  I don't like it nearly as much as XI, and I found the difficulty spikes much more annoying.  I'd like to swap it for Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure for the PC. 

Edited by willythom88
Removed spoilers
  • Like 2