Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

Sweet.  Sign me up!  :) as if I had a choice, @Arethien is making me participate lol.  just kidding.  Here is my first list.

Deponia (PS4) 0% Complete
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4) 0% Complete
Chaos on Deponia (PS4) 0% Complete
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4) 0% Complete
Persona 5 (PS4) 13% Complete On 2nd Dungeon But starting over as it has been 4 years.
Beast Quest (PS4) 0% Complete
Back to the Future: The Game (PS3) DISC Version 0% Complete
Song of Memories (PS4) 0% Complete
Syberia 3 (PS4) 0% Complete
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (PS4) 7% Complete Can't remember where I left off in the story, starting over.

It isn't very pretty on formatting but I will make it look better as I go.  I know that Beast Quest as a guide time of 6 hours.  So if it takes me less than 10 hours I will not be counting it for points :)  I look forward to seeing this event grow and all the people that join it.

• Like 2

1. Ghost of Tsushima LINK (PS4, Open World Action RPG) [Just about arrived on 2nd out of 3 island parts. It's from my unfinished pyramid. I'm playing it, slowly.]
  2. Wand of Fortune R :platinum: LINK (PS Vita, Otome Visual Novel Strategy) [Cleared I think 5 out of 9 routes. Fan Disc not started. I'm stubborn, I will dig out all that story out of this grindy repetitive RNG based game!] Clear Post Link (Main Game - Wand of Fortune R, Decent game, 6/10. Fan Disc - Wand of Fortune R ~Mirai he no Prologue~, Good game, 7/10) 
  3. Heart no Kuni no Alice (Vita, Otome Visual Novel) [Not started. Probably long story, hopefully not grindy.]
  4. Yu no Hana Spring! (Vita, Otome Visual Novel) [Not started. Maybe shorter story, no bad endings. Should be happy and positive game.] Clear Post Link (Good game, 7/10.)
  5. Dark Alliance LINK (PS4, Action RPG) [On 2nd chapter. A game which release triggered my D&D based games fever again. Game is pretty badly made, but I'm still enjoying it for what it is.] Clear Post Link (Terrible game, 2/10.)
  6. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (PS4, Action Visual Novel) [Not started. Returns again from my pyramid.] Clear Post Link (Good game, 7/10.)
  7. Yakuza Kiwami (PS4, Open World Action RPG) [Not started. Continuing the series after Yakuza 0.]
  8. Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon LINK (PS4, Open World Action RPG) [After 1st mission I think. Pretty interested in it.] (Great game, 8/10.)
  9. LEGO Jurassic World LINK (PS4, Platformer) [I think one more movie to go, out of 4. Takes space on my PS4. If it'll take me less than 10h then 0 story points for me.] Clear Post Link (Good game, 7/10.)
  10. Neverwinter LINK (PS4, MMO RPG) [Done 5 out of 14 areas that I think count as main game story. Um, no idea if I won't get stuck soloing it! I really want to finish before announced overhaul.] Clear Post Link (Good game, 7/10.)

None of these are story cleared. Not listed in any particular order.

I'm probably shooting my own foot again with this list. I'm soo terrible at judging how long a game will take me to clear it. ?

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arethien said:

I'm probably shooting my own foot again with this list. I'm soo terrible at judging how long a game will take me to clear it. ?

I am sorry but I am going to laugh if the game that breaks you and makes you cry out is LEGO Jurassic World hehe. ?

Hello. Looks like a nice event. Please sign me up.

Not sure if my first 7 games are fine for this event. But my PS3 crashed on me ( i think 1 month ago ) and i lost all my progress. So i have to start all games from scratch.

If they are not fine i can swap them out, no problem.

1. Ar nosurge (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

2. Ar tonelico Qoga (PS3) (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

3. Fairy Fencer F (PS3)  ((have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

4. Ni no Kuni (PS3)  ((have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

5. Tales of Xillia (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

6. Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

7. Time and Eternity (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

8. Akiba´s Beat (PS Vita)  (5% complete. Played it back in 2018, so i will have to start over because i remember nothing except that i wasn´t long in the story)

9. Conecption Plus (PS4)  (not started yet. Played the first game for the PS Vita and really liked it. Hope this game will be the same for me)

10. Giraffe and Annika (PS4)  (not started yet. Have to play it because my sisters name is Annika ?)

• Like 1

@Tenzai1980 Welcome to the event!

Suddenly a hard one to check! ?

I'm very sorry to hear about your PS3 acting like that on you. I wouldn't be able to get back to these games for years after something like that. ?

The ones that you already story cleared are not eligible for story clear point, but are for 100% clear point if it'll take you more than 10h to achieve it. If you're ok with that they can stay.

Could you kindly point out which ones are story cleared by you already? All 7 of them?

A story clear is when you see end credits.

With few games being exemptions, like Visual Novels, for which we will require all routes clear to count.

@Spinacheq should have a peek at your list too.

2 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

I am sorry but I am going to laugh if the game that breaks you and makes you cry out is LEGO Jurassic World hehe. 1f61c.png

Oh no! You said it! You called the devil brick that'll make me struggle! ?

1 hour ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Ar tonelico Qoga

So you list looks fine to me, based of what I can see on your profiles most of these didn't get even story completes,  the one I quoted is the only one I am not sure of how far that is for your progress as you have several ending trophies and other ones that suggest a basic story completion status, but I don't know if what you have left is considered the 100% difference or not.  Either way if I am good with you using this list, with the Ar Tonelico Qoga might be the only one not able to get story complete points.  So if you are ok with Ar Tonelico Qoga (We might need to do a little more in depth research into this game.) not counting for story completion but still 100% as @Arethien said feel free to use this list. 

Hello. Thank you for checking ?

Than i will swap out Tales of Xillia 1+2 and Arc tonelico Qoga because i am pretty sure i saw the ending credits for this games.

New list:

1. Ar nosurge (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

2. Jak and Daxter: the precursor Legacy (PS4)  (not started yet)

3. Fairy Fencer F (PS3)  ((have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

4. Ni no Kuni (PS3)  ((have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

5. Jak and Daxter 2 (PS4)  (not started yet)

6. Monkey King: Hero is back (PS4)  (not started yet)

7. Time and Eternity (PS3)  (have to start from the beginning because my PS3 crashed on me)

8. Akiba´s Beat (PS Vita)  (5% complete. Played it back in 2018, so i will have to start over because i remember nothing except that i wasn´t long in the story)

9. Conecption Plus (PS4)  (not started yet. Played the first game for the PS Vita and really liked it. Hope this game will be the same for me)

10. Giraffe and Annika (PS4)  (not started yet. Have to play it because my sisters name is Annika 1f605.png)

• Like 1

I'm definitely in on this one, and I'll be leaning hard on that all systems count rule.  My list is below, and I'll post a photo (screenshot or crappy phone picture) of any non-Playstation stuff.  

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch - Currently On Chapter 3 of 7 (screenshot presumably)

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Drops Friday but I have it pre-ordered (screenshot presumably)

3) Dragon Quest VIII - 3DS - I'm a little more than halfway through (crappy phone picture)

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One - I'm at the end of disc 1 of 4 (screenshot presumably)

5) Bayonetta - PS3 - From my unfinished list in the other casual event - 10%

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 - 2%

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 - Bought but haven't started it yet - 0% 

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 - 10%

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch - Very early, like second mission or something like that (screenshot presumably)

10) Army of Two - The 40th Day - 7% - Haven't touched this game in like 10 years so this should be interesting

• Like 4

@Tenzai1980 Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star opening song is great. ? 

For interested people, YouTube link here: Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Opening

Looks very nice, although game itself is designed for males. ? 

I did notice that at least Tales of Xillia 1 had story cleared. 2 seems not to have a specific trophy for that. Or it is just named weirdly. Thank you for confirming you did see the credits.

About Fairy Fencer F.

Spoiler

You did see one out of three story endings. Endings are decided after a point of no return and can be probably pretty easily achieved with a timed save, which you lost.

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star and Time and Eternity by looking at your trophy list look as not story cleared.

I've never played any of these male oriented VN and RPG hybrids.

@Spinacheq Do we count all their endings as a story clear, like with otome games, or just one?

If all then Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel is also ok for story clear point.

@Tenzai1980 I'm very sorry for all this confusion! Me and @Spinacheq may have omitted this genre when deciding rules. ?

Edited by Arethien

@willythom88 Welcome! ?

Oh, wow, your list looks great. ?

So many games I also should play someday. You got me with Skyward Sword. ? I had to google it to know it's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. ?

Embarrassing... ? 

Your list looks good to me. Putting through to Accepted Lists. ✔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arethien said:

@willythom88 Welcome! 1f600.png

Oh, wow, your list looks great. 1f62e.png

So many games I also should play someday. You got me with Skyward Sword. 1f602.png I had to google it to know it's The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. 1f635.png

Embarrassing... 1f623.png 

Your list looks good to me. Putting through to Accepted Lists. 2714.png

Thanks!

Also no sweat I was actually just wondering if not put in Legend of Zelda would be confusing ha : ).

• Like 1

1. Jump Force (PS4) 
  2. Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PS3) 
  3. Dokuro (Vita)
  4. Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Vita)

5.  Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (Vita) 

6. inFamous (PS3)

7. inFamous 2 (PS3)

8. inFamous Second Son (PS4)

9. inFamous First Light (PS4)

10. Control (PS4)

All games have story left to be completed.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

Hi @Kishnabe

Welcome to the group, your list looks good, I just have one concern about a story points game.  Jump Force as it seems you only have 2 or 3 chapters left for main story clear, in some games this wouldn't be an issue at all.  Though I know for that game you can do the main story in 15 hours of game play. So leaning towards that game might be too far in to count as there is a 10hour minimum rule for main story clear points.  If this is ok with you, I have no other concerns about your list and it looks great to me.

@Kishnabe, sorry I made a mistake and missed that Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4/Vita) is an extended edition of Toukiden: The Age of Demons (Vita) so if you wouldn't mind waiting on one of them.  We have a 6 months policy enchanced editions/GOTY/ and remakes.  This is my fault I thought it was a sequel and not similar to like persona 5 and persona 5 royal where you get the same base game but extra dungeons and more quests to do.

16 hours ago, Arethien said:

About Fairy Fencer F.

Reveal hidden contents

You did see one out of three story endings. Endings are decided after a point of no return and can be probably pretty easily achieved with a timed save, which you lost.

Can´t open the hidden contents (or you meant for me to go to the first post. Sorry, forum mechanics aren´t my best game. I am pretty new to that)

16 hours ago, Arethien said:

@Spinacheq Do we count all their endings as a story clear, like with otome games, or just one?

If all then Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel is also ok for story clear point.

If you decide that just one count as story clear than that is okay for me. I can switch out Fairy Fencer. God knows i have more than enough games to choose from ?

17 hours ago, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 I'm very sorry for all this confusion! Me and @Spinacheq may have omitted this genre when deciding rules. 1f602.png

No problem really. A huge shout out to you two that you are willing to host an event. I could never do it. And i am really easy going. Even if you tell me to switch out my whole list i wouldn´t complain ?

1 hour ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Can´t open the hidden contents

Ah, sorry, spoiler tags bug out sometimes. I just wrote something about the endings and that you have a trophy for one.

If you decide that just one count as story clear than that is okay for me.

We did decide so for certain games. I already adjusted Eligible Games in opening post. Hopefully that's not too demanding.

I can switch out Fairy Fencer.

If you could, please do it this time. You're a special case with your saves lost, but normally it wouldn't take long enough for the remaining endings to allow story point after you already got the first one.

Then, if you don't change it to another game that will confuse me about a story clear ?, you'll be good to go!

You know that two "Surge" games got a port to PS4 with all DLCs and maybe some graphical improvements?

Still only released in Japan, I don't know if it'll go to the West. Just saying because we have that 6 months rule for remasters/definitive editions.

A huge shout out to you two that you are willing to host an event.

I wouldn't have done it without him. Two thinking heads so much better than one. ?

I was wondering, do you speak Japanese by any chance? You have quite a few Japanese language games on your profile.

Edited by Arethien

Definitely want to join but have a couple of questions before I come up with a list.  First, does platform stacking apply only to Playstation systems or is it also going to apply if someone played the PS4 version of a game and then goes and plays the PC version, for example?  I know that's a bit more iffy since those are typically ports and can be a mix of adding features or just a direct port.

Second, regarding the 10 hours requirement, is that the total length of the game, or do we need to have 10 hours left of the game?  Asking because I'm thinking about adding Corpse Party on Steam to my list and I only have the last chapter left, but the last chapter is pretty meaty and has a ton of endings to it (some of which require replaying about the whole chapter).  I'm just not sure if it will definitely cover 10 hours, but it definitely won't be a quick and easy wrap up.  Game already has almost 13 hours of playtime in it and I'd have to start the last chapter from the beginning.  Achievement list for it is here

And that's it, just definitely love the idea of an event that also covers platforms besides Playstation since my poor Steam backlog gets so neglected.

• Like 1

Hello @ladynadiad. ?

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

First, does platform stacking apply only to Playstation systems or is it also going to apply if someone played the PS4 version of a game and then goes and plays the PC version, for example?

It applies to all platforms. Either a port, remaster, GotY or Definitive Edition would have to follow 6 months in between rule.

It's to promote playing various games, not different versions of the same game.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Second, regarding the 10 hours requirement, is that the total length of the game, or do we need to have 10 hours left of the game?

It's 10 hours left. Timers start since you join this event.

If there's less than 10 hours left to clear, you can still put it on your list for... 0 points. ?

If you already cleared or have less than 10 hours to story clear, then that game is not eligible for story clear points.

If that game also has trophies and it'll take you more than 10 hours to get 100% trophies, then that game is still eligible for 100% trophies clear points.

Your Corpse Party game being on last chapter with less than 10 hours to end credits wouldn't be eligible for story points.

As we don't cover 100% outside of trophy system it wouldn't be eligible for 100% trophy clear either.

So 0 + 0 points for it. ?

You can still list it, or not list it and get it recorded as Out of List game, and have a joy of sharing with us that you finally cleared it. ?  

Hope I explained it clearly enough. If not feel free to ask again. ?

Looking forward to your list!

Edited by Arethien

6 hours ago, Arethien said:

If you could, please do it this time. You're a special case with your saves lost, but normally it wouldn't take long enough for the remaining endings to allow story point after you already got the first one.

Then, if you don't change it to another game that will confuse me about a story clear 1f602.png, you'll be good to go!

You know that two "Surge" games got a port to PS4 with all DLCs and maybe some graphical improvements?

Still only released in Japan, I don't know if it'll go to the West. Just saying because we have that 6 months rule for remasters/definitive editions.

I wouldn't have done it without him. Two thinking heads so much better than one. 1f602.png

I was wondering, do you speak Japanese by any chance? You have quite a few Japanese language games on your profile.

Okay, i will switch out Fairy Fencer with Sakuna of Rice and Ruin

No i don´t speak Japanese. But i took a few lessons and my long long loooonnnngggg hours with Animes allows me to understand enought to follow the story a little (and for the rest i let my fantasy play). So as long as the game has voice acting i am able to follow the story more or less.

New list:

2. Jak and Daxter: the precursor Legacy (PS4)  (not started yet)

3. Sakuna of Rice and Ruin (PS4)  (not started yet)

5. Jak and Daxter 2 (PS4)  (not started yet)

6. Monkey King: Hero is back (PS4)  (not started yet)

9. Conception Plus (PS4)  (not started yet. Played the first game for the PS Vita and really liked it. Hope this game will be the same for me)

10. Giraffe and Annika (PS4)  (not started yet. Have to play it because my sisters name is Annika 1f605.png)

• Like 1

im joining but before i post my list can i just ask about 2 things.
1. if a game has multiplayer trophies/acheivments but the multiplayer is dead can the game be considered to be 100% if we can prove the multi is dead ie a screenshot of the multiscreen with no games available, im thinking mainly of games like age of wonders 3 or binary domain that have acheivments that are unobtainable due to the online community being dead?
2. can we use emulators to play older console games, id like to put rule of rose on my list but here in uk it was banned due to misinformation and the pysical copies that were sent out for review before the ban go for stupid amounts usually £250-£500.

@Tenzai1980 Okay, list finally accepted. ?

@sindrics Welcome! ?

46 minutes ago, sindrics said:

if a game has multiplayer trophies/acheivments but the multiplayer is dead can the game be considered to be 100%

?! That's a very good question... Hm... ? Maybe? I think even trophy events count unobtainable trophy lists as 100%?

I don't have any strong opinion about that and I'm ok with counting them or not. I don't see myself checking for these though. ?

@Spinacheq What do you think?

We don't cover 100%s out of trophy system, so Xbox Achievements won't get points for 100%.

56 minutes ago, sindrics said:

can we use emulators to play older console games

Yes. I love how emulators can boost graphics and resolution. ?

We won't be checking how you got your game.

1 hour ago, sindrics said:

Rule of Rose

What an amazingly creepy game. ?

Got me interested. ?

OMG!? It's about 20000 Yen in Japan too! ?

Ouch...That hurts.

@Arethien wow wasnt expecting it to be that much in japan.

heres my list:

1. werewolf the apocalypes earthblood (ps5) not started.
2. watchdogs legion (ps5) not started.
3. a plague tale: innocence (ps5) not started.
4. nier replicant (ps4) not started.
5. yakuza 0 (ps4) not started.
6.rule of rose (ps2) not started.
7.age of wonders 3 (pc) played for 25+ hrs but have not started campaign yet (campaign should take around 20hrs)
8.epic battle fantasy 3 (pc) not started.
9.battlestar galatica deadlock (pc) not started.
10.company of heroes 2 (pc) not started.

• Like 1

@sindrics List looks fine to me. ? Added to Accepted Lists.

I will pick up that Rule of Rose game someday! ?

2 hours ago, sindrics said:

wow wasnt expecting it to be that much in japan.

I haven't googled too much, as not to spoil it for myself, but something about licensing rights was said.

Edited by Arethien