Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

@Gretchen27 Great job on finishing that game, I can honestly say I have never beat nor played a resident evil game.  Though I have seen all the movies lol.  I updated the list, and I that game down for 0 on story clear, I think 7.5 is pushing it a little to still count for points on this game, sorry.  Though 4 - 5 play throughs for the plat maybe that is why I haven't played those games :) Keep up the great work clearing games and (I hope) having fun.  

To all participants I will be posting a monthly results this time around.  I am not sure if I will do donuts or pies or neither.  I want to see what the data looks like and play with graphs and charts a little, and also see if I can streamline the capture of the data for future ease.  :)  @Arethien has been doing an awesome job managing this event, and it doesn't hurt to give her a break when I can.  :)  

• Like 2

Resident Evil 3

Enjoyment: 7/10

Trophies: 33/33 (:platinum:)

Total time: ~21hrs

Five full playthroughs later & here's my first completely crossed off game. After finishing my first run I went straight for the remaining stuff while everything was still fresh in my mind. Aside from a clean up run, I enjoyed working through Hardcore --> Nightmare --> Inferno. Though, I did take a detour to earn enough points to buy the infinite rocket launcher. It was worth dealing with the hundreds of spiders I had to kill, & honestly, it improved the game. I had fun breezing through hilariously over powered for everything but the final battle. 

Back to finishing Summon Night 6's story.

• Like 1

Update - Bravely Default 2

Finally made it past the spot I was stuck in, and I'm now in what I assume is the final chapter.  Just wanted to leave a picture I took here here of the game.  One for the sake of proof of my continued participation, but two because this game is really f*ckin' gorgeous.  Given how poorly these show up when I copy them from the Switch directly, I took thep ic with my phone.  Also, there's no spoilers story wised, but the pic is from a later town, so I will include a spoiler warning for this.

Spoiler

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194548635@N02/shares/33fcAC

I also only included the link so you would double know you gotta click on it, so spoiler warning again, at least in terms of seeing a late in game town!

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

I story cleared Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance on PS4. It was horrific. Worst game I ever played. (Terrible game, 2/10.)

S517983.png
21 of 49 Trophies
2nd December 2021

I don't know if I should write why... as it'll be so negative... I'll try to be calm and brief.

Positives:

- It has a D&D license.

- Short CGIs movies looked nice.

- Voice actors.

Negatives:

- Lags, lags, lags everywhere! Even in menu. I played it only in multi.

- Extremely low framerate.

- Screen tearing.

- Bulky graphics. Like late PS2 early PS3 games.

- Low texture resolution everywhere, many laughably low. 

- Animation lock.

- Boring dungeon design. Do you like walking in circles and using multitude of teleport rings?

- Ugly armor and weapon design.

- No map or radar.

- Boring main HUB. Seems unfinished.

- No animation for sheathed weapons while standing, even in HUB weapons are always out.

- Lock on ladders. Characters ascend/descend by themselves, can't cancel.

- Can't rotate character in equipment screen.

- Bad hit boxes. Not really sure when you hit or get hit.

- Terrible target lock. It pretty much takes over your camera movements and tend to bug facing nothing or even spinning your camera. It also locks on barrels, which is so annoying.

- Terrible jump over distance and up animation. It looks like if you're about to fall, not reach it, but then character gets teleport moved and climbs, not even touching the edges.

- My character always drank potions holding them by his elbow.

- Useless shop. You can't buy any armor or weapons there. Upgrades are weak.

- Money is worthless. Resource crystals are worthless.

- Can't check or change gear in a dungeon.

- Skin system isn't applied to all weapons.

- Treasure boxes placing in dungeons is not thought over. One of many bad placings example: A treasure box with potions good 5 minutes before you meet your first enemies.

- Loot is broken. You get common rarity and other useless ones 98% of a time through whole game.

- No Peer to Peer. This game multiplayer will go poof soon, as it probably uses it's own servers.

- Bland and very short presentation of a story.

- You destroy bulky stone brick stacks etc. with your scimitars, if Drizzt, to find 14 gold under. What of exactly are these blades made?

- Too short, too few, too bland CGI movies. Even the last movie is nothing special.

- You can't move your character or even camera after a dungeon. Your party is just locked for few secs. Not very sociable for a multiplayer game. Who doesn't want to dance over the dead body of a boss you have slain with your party? Uh, eghm. Or whatever you do after a win.

- To skip after dungeon summary and get back to HUB all party members need to long press a button, but for movies only one person can skip it for all.

- Disconnects! It kicks even the host of a session after finished dungeons. Got slightly better after many patches, but still occurs from time to time.

- Game idle kicks my friends from a dungeon in my private session. Kicks a host for idle also.

- You can't invite or join mid dungeon.

- Random dungeon length. Some are too long some are way too short.

- Bad fight mechanics. It just doesn't work. You can force through and a boss will die before he can do anything as you almost stagger lock him with your party attacks.

- Unbalanced classes.

- Bugs. Debuffs timers sometimes stop and you're left with Silence to the end of a dungeon... and in HUB. Patches made it better, but I think I still got it few times recently.

- Nothing to go aww about in graphics.

- Where's Regis!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arethien said:

Positives:

- It has a D&D license.

- Short CGIs movies looked nice.

- Voice actors.

So what I am getting from these positives is you absolutely loved this game, are 100% sure everyone in the group should play it as well.  And this is now your favorite game of all time.... :) lol 

Hi all, 

New week update.  I hope everyone had a great last week filled with lots of fun gaming.  No new completions from me, that is totally my fault as I stupidly bought the ps4 anniversary edition of Skyrim and started playing it 2 weeks ago.  I am not switching it in for one on my list since I previously already beat the ps3 version, xbox 360 version and the pc version...  Yes I have a problem.  I have even thought about getting the VR version on steam...please someone stop me....lol :) 

I haven't forgotten about the November stats, sorry they have been a little delayed, I have the info I want pulled out of the spreadsheet, just trying to find an interesting way to display it as @Arethien already set the bar high :).  I am hoping to have sometime for you all by the end of this week as long as work stays as quiet as it has been so far today.

Keep up the great work everyone and please don't be afraid to through up an update of what you are playing every once in awhile even if you don't complete anything it is still nice to read about your adventurers in gaming :) 

• Like 1

So this isn't on my list, but I wanted to give an update on my gaming to stay involved.  I just finished Ghost of Tsushima and it was an excellent experience.  Got the platinum, but I gotta say, the story in that one is the real star.  The side content is okay, with some being great and some being dull, but the main story is really good.  I'm rarely sad to leave a game behind after platinumming it, but on the PS4, this joins Dragon Quest XI as a game I will truly miss now that it's gone.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:11 AM, willythom88 said:

I just finished Ghost of Tsushima and it was an excellent experience

That is great to hear.  I have wanted to play the game for a awhile now myself and it is good to know the story is great.  I got the game added for you half points for story and platinum since it was out of list. :)   

Hi everyone, long over due November Data.  I was trying to play around with getting the data easier out of the spreadsheet, but I ran out of time to figure it out for this last month.  I will keep looking at it in my spare time.  I went with pie charts as I like the way they look.  There is nothing wrong with @Arethien's donuts other than they make me hungry lol.  I wanted to get the info out to you all.  I only did November, except for points per month bar graph, but you will see.  I forgot how much outside of work and gaming holiday stuff goes on in December, not an excuse for the delay just commentary on my brain farts lol.  I simplified the Genres a little combining all the jRPGs and Visual novel types together.  I felt it looked more sloppy with 10 different genres with only 1 game each and 1 genre with 2 games.  Let me know what you think, you won't hurt my feels. :) 

Nov-Data.png

• Like 3

I have a longer update since I didn't quite realize how much I finished since my last update. I earned the platinum in Ratchet and Clank (2016) and it took me about 12 hours to finish. I cleared the story and earned the platinum in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered and it took me about 15 hours total. I love the Uncharted series and give this game a 9/10. I completed the Jack the Ripper DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate and it took me about 7 hours to complete.  This DLC adds to the lore of the Assassin's brotherhood and the main characters while still being short and fun. I cleared the story in Danganronpa V3 and it took me about 25 hours to finish. I still have mixed feelings about the ending but overall it has great characters, a cool story, and engaging mysteries. I give it an 8/10. I finished the Fate of Atlantis DLC for Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it took me about 20 hours to finish. This whole DLC (which is split in 3 parts) doesn't add a lot to the characters or story and felt like it padded the runtime of an already unnecessarily long game. I finished the story in Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom and it only took 2.5 hours to do the final chapter. I finally finished it after being at the last chapter for over a year. This game has such a cute art style and fun characters. The story is pretty typical for the genre but it was still very enjoyable. I give it an 8.5/10. I earned the platinum in both Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3) and Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered and they both took me about 20 hours to finish. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

That is great to hear.  I have wanted to play the game for a awhile now myself and it is good to know the story is great.  I got the game added for you half points for story and platinum since it was out of list. :)   

I'll admit it starts very samey as other titles, but by the third or fourth mission it's hitting the ground running good.  Also thanks for the added points : D

20211221-221408.jpg

Summon Night 6 Lost Borders

Trophies: 45/52 (72%)

It has been a long journey to get here. & I've only unlocked one ending! There's about 30 or so, just little post game scenes for individual characters. Then the usual bad, good, or true main endings. Nothing a new game+ run with extra save files won't cover. 

Besides that, I waited on clearing the final chapter to finish the horribly, RNG based fishing mini game. I enjoyed the game, not the Monster Hunter gold crown hunts. I know I've spent at least 5hrs on that alone. 

Cooking all recipes & clearing the Endless Domain dungeon was not that bad. So, those are three big pieces out of the way (at least the dreaded luck ones anyway). The next challenges will be tracking down the remaining summonite leaves (collectibles) & seeing all Summon burst move sets. I'll need another 100hrs to check those off. 

In the meantime, I think I'll give the Vita I was playing this on a break from SN6. It's my second Vita & pretty much all the poor thing has seen. Not sure if I'll jump into something else on my list. I'm leaning toward changing pace with a shorter, PlayAsia title. 

Anyway, it's doubtful I'll have another completion to post for this year, so I'll just say: Happy Holidays, everyone!

• Like 2

Hello all,

long time not read ?

Wasn´t so active in gaming the last weeks (WebNovels are my kryptonite) but now with the holiday before the door i hope i will be gaming more. Today is my last day of work for this year so gaming time: here i come :eyebrow:

Finished nothing on my list here but two other games:

Kotodama: think that will give me half point for the :platinum:. The story of the game was so-so but i really liked the puzzel game you had to play. Really fun. With moe elements but not tooo much.

South Park: the fractured but whole: half point for stoy clear and :platinum: i think. Finised the story after 27 hours or so. I don´t realy like South Park but because i had it in my library i decided to play it. It had it fun elements but all in all i am happy that i have the game behind me.

Oh and @Spinacheq: great November Update. You and @Arethien really do a great job with that :highfive:

Edited by Tenzai1980
  • Like 2

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (not on list)

Time: 16.5hrs

Trophies: 27/45 (52%)

Okay, one more did see at least the story mode completed. I've been playing this off & on for short bursts, & last night with 13 worlds to clear, I just went for it. 

KH has stories that at the best of times are confusing, even so, I enjoyed this condensed version. When I get around to finishing the series I'll probably understand more. 

• Like 1

Congratulations everyone on your clears! ?

@willythom88 Good to hear you loved Tsushima. I'm still playing it slowly and have mixed feelings about it, but that's for my clear update post.

@cjninja125 Updated your long list of games. I didn't list Assassin's Creed Rogue for PS3 because it's the same game as Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered and we have a half a year rule for games like that.

@Gretchen27 Nice pretty long story clear and music game clear ?.

@Tenzai1980 Kotodama is story and plat point right? Visual Novels are treated as a set in our rules, no story points without 100% clear.

@Spinacheq Thank you for the summary! Added it to opening post. For me these American round pies look more yummy than donuts ?. Sorry I passed it to you in December, that wasn't intentional! You say you're still working with how to take out the data... does that mean you're doing December summary also ?? Google spreadsheets seem to be a tiny bit limited in what you can do with graphs, so I can't complain about anything you did really, but... A but! I like to see numbers alongside percentages or numbers instead of percentages, as otherwise you don't know how many games are these 76% etc. Your summary is much cleaner than my chaos, which is good. How did you mix the genres...? By hand ?? And how did you extract DLC vs games? I really like monthly graph ?. After you figure it all out you need to teach me how, so I can copy-cat you ?. As always check and then delete my "?" in spreadsheet update when you have time ?. 

• Like 1

I've story cleared two games. Both started before the event so my in event play time is too short for any points.

S3bea33.png
All 31 Trophies
10th December 2021  Platinum in 6 months, 2 weeks
S59b490.png
29 of 37 Trophies
23rd December 2021

Guardians of the Galaxy as all the other Telltale games it is a good game in my eyes, so 7/10. Nothing special. Although I hate no manual saves and sometimes hard to know where occurred check point saves... I want to reload to see different ending without the need of replaying the whole episode! ?

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is amazing! 9/10. It looks awesome in VR. Objects aren't flat. It had only few places I would like it to be less blurry, overall resolution was okay. The scale of objects and enormous bosses, tiny Astro Bot... Very nice! Must play if you own VR. Water waves made my stomach rise and at one point I held up my breath when wave came up to my head height. Difficulty for me was okay... Tiny bit of a challenge for my lack of skills in gaming. I don't know if I'll do the challenges in game that I left untouched... I would like it to stay a relaxing experience. Maybe I'll try and run if it ends to be too challenging. 

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to everyone! ?

For Christmas Event you guys get to choose one of below ?:

- a Special Swap point (To use in your given game list if you would like to swap a game at some point.)

- additional game for full points (Similar to Halloween Event, although this one needs to be a Christmas present you got from someone or bought for yourself as a Christmas present.)

Event starts now ?. Time limit for submitting your choice is until 10th of January. If you choose additional game you need to tell what game it is and get it accepted as usual.

End date is in January to let everyone have time to calm down after maybe busy Christmas period, during which you may even not be active on the forum.

*Usual event rules apply.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 Kotodama is story and plat point right? Visual Novels are treated as a set in our rules, no story points without 100% clear

@Spinacheq

Hm not so sure because the first story clear for the bad ending was pretty early in the game (30 min perhaps?). I did need more than 10 hours for the whole game so

So it's been some time but I've finished two off-list games:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (PS5)

The 3rd installment of the Dark Pictures series was kinda a letdown for me personally since I really enjoyed Little Hope and just expected it to be better in general. Didn't like the story. Didn't like most of the characters - but oh well good thing I finished it like 6 times for that little platinum.

The Forgotten City (PS5)

Forgotten City was a really great experience (at least for the first run) and cleaning up the other ends and trophies is done in no time so it was overall a really enjoyable game.

And for the Christmas Event I figure I'll take Assassin's Creed Odyssey since it was the only game I got as a gift this year ?

• Like 2

Hello everyone and hellot to @Arethien and @Spinacheq

Its great to see my original idea live on in some way.
If its ok im going to join your event but don't expect me to be as active/chatty as i was on my original event lol i was just going to continue what i was doing offline but at least this gives me a little structure and its more simplified than my pyramid idea meaning more choice when i choose the next game and not confined to what ever is in the next level of my pyramid haha. Another reason is that i don't have to do any of the work in keeping leaderboards up to date haha.

Anyway my list (i hope its all good let me know if not)

1. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart (PS5)
  2. Far Cry 6 (Ps5)
  3. Zombie army trilogy (Ps4) (its says trilogy but its all merged into one campaign)
  4. Lost Judgement (PS5)
  5. Super Mario U (WII U)
  6. Prince of Persia The sands of time (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
  7. Splinter Cell (Ps3) (part of the Hd trilogy)
  8. Assassins creed Chronicles: China (Ps4)
  9. Watch dogs (Ps4)
  10. Assassins creed Chronicles India (Ps4)

Hope this list is ok and please let know how many swaps are allowed etc thanks :)

• Like 2

@milk-aholic Congratulations on your clears! Updated and added your Christmas game.

@arsenal4life1471 Welcome to the event. You didn't write how far you're in a story in these games, but by looking at your trophy list I'm guessing all weren't even started. I've accepted your list and added you to event spreadsheet. I think all rules, number of swaps included, are explained in opening post. Please try to read it and then if you still have questions feel free to ask. One disclaimer though, current Christmas Event is for participants with already made up lists to help with their progression. As your list is freshly made after that event started you're not eligible for a special swap point or additional game from it.

I've story cleared The Walking Dead: The Final Season. Good game, 7/10.

S7f1609.png
37 of 49 Trophies
25th December 2021

I'm a big fan of slow stupid zombies without any mutations, so I love Walking Dead world. Repeating myself maybe? Story of the game was fun and entertaining. I liked trying to raise AJ to survive and be a good person. I know most things you do in Telltales games have tiny if any impact on what's going to happen, but still, I'll take it.

Tiny spoiler:

Spoiler

I'm totally completely in love with Louis ?. Great character ?.

Although I would like Telltales to stop trying to be an action game. They fail at it. Push analog stick forward for 15 second to walk slowly without even having free range of camera movement is completely unnecessary and not fun to do. Just keep it in cutscene please. Shooting targets with a sudden pop up of a crosshair somewhere random on the screen was also bad. Forcing my character to face different direction I was facing after every tiny interaction with animation was irritating. Leave me be! No manual saves and checkpoint saves that you can't freely load is so inconvenient. Having to replay whole episode for a different outcome somewhere is too long. Collectables that were present in this game were unnecessary. They did not add anything significant to the story or mechanics. Just some trash you pick up.

I had a problem with ☓ and ○, because the game for some reason couldn't decide which one to display... In title screen menu I had to press circle although it said press cross. In episode select it was cross as displayed. When talking to characters and picking up things it was circle although it displayed cross. In QTE it was cross as displayed. Total button mishmash for me. Some programming issue that's present when you play on Japan set console. ?

I'll maybe clean up it later and choose paths I didn't the first time... Ah, but it'll be hard to watch outcomes I don't want ?. Oh, which reminds me. I would love if it was possible to save all, mix, kill all characters like it is in The Dark Pictures/Until Dawn games. One can dream... ? 

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1