Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

@Arethien What exactly do you mean with "too much"?

Or is it just in relation with the spoiler?

If so: I'll edit it as soon as I'm back from work and I'll keep an eye on stuff like that so it doesn't happen again ?

Didn't really realize how big of a spoiler it is if you don't know much about the game(s). 

I tried to keep the introduction of the game as short as possible to prevent spoilers #missionfailed.

Front mission 4 (ps2) : Completed, Really good tactics rpg with a few new mechanics from the previous like ammo for all weapons (which in some missions was a pain, as you can run out very quick) the new link system lets you cause a rediculous amount of damage if used right. Story was interesting although it did feel like it ended a bit too soon. Great game overall.

frontmission4cleartime.png

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End platinumed ps4 (out of list not eligible for story complete point) finally got round to plating this, the speedrun trophy was a big put off but after speed running uncharted 1 i figured id be able to do this as well, crushing was a bit of a challenge at certain points but got through it in the end. A good way to end the main series if this is the end but id like to see a prequel focusing on sully 

• Like 1

A bit late with my February update, but another good month of progress. 

The Walking Dead: Season 2

? - Story 

0.5 - 100%

I take it every one here has, or is at least, aware of TellTale games. This was a last minute completion for my birthday game this year. I try to 100% or platinum something on the day, but had nothing even remotely close to finishing. TWD was a quick, easy game to play & finish in time. 

Season 1 is still better in my opinion, from individual episodes, to the ending. I won't get into that here though for spoiler reasons. 

@Arethien or @Spinacheq, I wasn't sure if this counts for a half story point or not. See, the episodes usually take me 1.5hrs - 2hrs to complete (depending on how much there is to explore), & there's exactly 5 episodes. So it's right on the borderline for a 10hr completion time, & I didn't see any in game timer. Question mark there, I'll leave it up to the hosts. 

Spongebob Heropants 

0 - Story 

0.5 - Platinum

A game that was originally on my list for this event - which turned out to be rightly too short. In total, I clocked in almost 11hrs to platinum. It was a chill, weekend platformer with Bikini Bottom's finest. I'd recommend it as a decent platforming introduction for beginners. 

PlayStation Vita Pets

0.5 - Platinum

Finally! I finished Pets. It's rare for me to say this, but I would never recommend this game to any level of gamer. Pacing is slow, the gameplay is unpolished. Playing it just feels numbing, & not in the good zone out mindless way. Take up Nintendo Dogs or the Sims Pets instead. 

AI: The Somnium Files 

0.5 - Story 

Opposite of the previous, AI is amazing in every way. I can easily see this being my favorite game of 2022. I've enjoyed everything from the art style to the humorous script. AI is a murder-mystery type game (the only thing similar that comes to mind is Detroit: Become Human), that has you searching for clues & interrogating people - by traveling through their mind. You read that right, you get to piece together answers by figuring out a suspects subconscious.

This was a blast to play, & from looking at the event flowchart from my first playthrough, I still have several branches/routes yet to explore. The second game will be coming out in a few months & I've already got it pre-ordered. 

• Like 2

@sindrics Congrats on the completion of Front Mission 4.  Let me know if you decide to use your swap for rule of rose and what game you are swapping in.  :) 

@Gretchen27 Nice job on all the games you finished.  And belated Happy Birthday since I didn't know I couldn't say it sooner :).  I got all but The Walking Dead season 2 added as I want to talk this one over with @Arethien since it seems the site doesn't count all telltales games the same.  By this I mean for season one of walking dead it was 1 base game with a plat as they released a disc version of the game.  This was the same for The Batman one I did, but for season 2 it seems they broke it up as the first chapter is main game and each chapter after is considered a DLC.  I think we should Base rule for telltale games since they made enough of them, so please give me a little bit to figure it out with @Arethien as we want this event to be fun and fair to all.  :) 

• Like 2

@Spinacheq, @sindrics doesn't have any swaps available, as visible on our spreadsheet. He used normal and Christmas ones both already. Although I don't think it's a problem, as we talked in private messages and his emulator works fine now.

I don't see a problem with The Walking Dead Season 2 being counted as a normal Telltale game, ignoring it's strange trophy listing. I actually totally forgot it was listed that way. As for the time, my times in Telltale games are similar, about two hours or tiny bit less for an episode, with games having five of them gives about ten hours. No problem with a story point. Congratulations on so many completions @Gretchen27 ?. Also very very late, but happy birthday ?.

• Like 1

Completed Rule of rose (ps2) : A really good story that gets darker the further in it gets, hard to really talk about without spoiling anything. The music really added to the theme and the general feel od the game unfortunatly the combat system is rather bad untill you get later in the game with weapons with high reach and damage. overall it was a surreal and dark experince well worth playing for the story alone, im glad i finally got round to playing it.

http://ruleofrose.png

shadow warrior 3 (ps4) completed and plated (out of list): A good shooter but it felt too short, it has the same humour as previous games but i think it really could of used more openess in level design, woirth playing if you liek the previous games.

well thats my list completed il submit a new list once ive decided what my next bunch are going to be.

• Like 3

I have finished Cozy Grove from my list! Took a long time but I'm very happy about it.

S2aa7ef.png
 All 63 Trophies
 19th March 2022  Platinum in 11 months, 1 week

1S8e7332.png

Scout of Legend
 Unlock all the other Trophies.

Got the platinum but I'm not sure when it counts as a story completion? Maybe when I unlocked all of the bear characters that was pretty much the main story done? I'm not sure. It does have a story but its a bit like animal crossing where you continue to play just for the purpose of building up your island even after you've done the main objectives. 

Also! Its off list, but I platinumed Ord sometime earlier this week.

S28cf5e.png
 Ord.  NA
 All 63 Trophies
 17th March 2022  Platinum in 3 months, 1 week

1S062f20.png  Platinum Ord
 Get all other trophies.

I'm not sure if this one has a story completion though, considering the game is mostly repeating the same stories over and over for different results and endings? The stories themselves are pretty short. Trophy hunting in it was a bit of a pain because nearly all trophies are RNG based, but I still enjoyed the game! Super unique concept and there was a good bit of funny details in it. 

• Like 2

my new list

horizon forbidden west       ps5 45%
spirit of the north                ps5 0%
bugsnax                             ps5 0%
the last stand aftermath     ps5 0%
kena bridge of spirits         ps5 10%
assault gunners hs            ps4 0%
this is the police                 ps4 0%
homefront the revolution    ps4 0%
narcos rise of the cartels   ps4 0%
dbz kakarot                        ps4 0%

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Only one game to report on for March:

{PS4} LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4

31st March 2022 

0 - Story

0.5 - Platinum

Just your average collectible heavy LEGO game. I was distracted this month starting a handful of new games. I'm hoping for better results to report at the end of April.

• Like 3

S317723.png

All 24 Trophies
2nd April 2022  Platinum in 1 month, 2 days
1Sd93710.png
KOTODAMA
Collected every trophy
~
I finished the story (all endings) and got the platinum in Kotodama. Its off list!
I actually didn't hate this game, but I also wouldn't suggest it to anyone else tbh. You have to be cool with mediocre VNs to get any enjoyment out of this, but I actually liked having something simple like this game to unwind with for an hour to two on the weekdays. 

• Like 3

So, nothing new since I last posted, but it's been awhile, so I'd like to at least update.

Bravely Default 2 - Stuck since December.  I'm not sure how close to the end I am, but I'm currently stuck fighting my way past a ton of little fights with enemies where each enemy has 13-16k HP, and it's been very tedious.  I may need to lower it to Casual if I want to make any head way, but lowering the difficulty doesn't really work the way I'd like here.  Basically, I have to force my way through the fight, because I'm past a point of no return, and the only enemies I can fight are 50+ levels below me.  Oh well.

Legends of Mana - I started playing this in earnest today, and I. Love.  It.  I just went through and played through all the other Mana's (except Secret, which is terrible and I won't be doing anything else with it for awhile).  And so far I can tell it's gonna be my favorite.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Sorry it has been a bit busy of last couple of a weeks for me, all updates are done now, I ran out up up votes for the day so I couldn't upvote your posts to show acceptance.  I will tomorrow once the upvote limit is reset for the day.  Great job to @sindrics, @JourneySilvers, and @Gretchen27 for the new completions. :)   Thanks for the update @willythom88, though I am sad to hear you don't like Secret of mana, the original SNES version is one of my favorite RPGs on the console.  

@sindrics your new list has been accepted and added to the spreadsheet.  I will ask for you to be careful in the future with games like Horizon Forbidden West as it can be hard to tell how much of the story is left on new games when you already have 45% complete.  I am assuming based off the trophies you had prior to posting and how that studio structured the first game that you still had more than 10 hours of story left since I myself on the first one managed to get all the side missions/optional trophies prior to being even halfway through the story hehe.  Oh and congrats on being the first to complete a list.  :) 

• Like 2

Time for my update on my progress, March was a busy month for me so I only managed to complete 1 game and all it's DLC with one of them spilling into last night.

Horizon Zero Dawn PS4:

I enjoyed the story of this game and exploration.  My only real complaint was how dark some of the areas were, and you couldn't really see the environment that well, which I thought was a shame since they spent what seems like a lot of time and effort making all the environments look amazing.  I did like that this was set in the area of the US that I currently live in and it was fun to see things in the game I have driven by or visited since moving here.  Denver Stadium being one (no spoiler there as it was in the game trailer :) ).  It is hard to talk about this game without spoiling anything so I won't, if anyone has questions about experience or wants to chat about it, send me a message as I don't want to ruin any part of this game for anyone in the forum.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds DLC PS4:

So technically there are 2 DLCs for frozen wilds though personally they should have been 1.  The first DLC list is Quests and the second is Feats but you really can't finish the feats without play the story, so I personally felt for myself that I was just going to count the Quests list for my own score.  The funny thing was that I beat the DLC story before even getting halfway into the main game story, as I went up to the area to just get the first fast travel location unlocked and ended up having fun and playing the whole thing.  Having fun exploring, doing the quests and the story easily took more than 10 hours, though it was off list since I only had the base game left anyways.

Horizon Zero Dawn: NG+ DLC PS4:

So initially I didn't think the NG+ dlc was going to take me over 10 hours to complete, as you have to play the game on ultra hard mode as one of the trophies for the set.  I thought oh I will run through the game only doing main missions and couple of side quests for help in the final battle.  Turns out it wasn't super fast, was very frustrating, and the dialog was actually little bit different since you aren't helping people or making a name for yourself.  I applaud the devs for adding that aspect, though I want to stab them for ultra hard mode since all it is you hit at a fraction of your power, enemies got like 10x the hp. even though if you do NG+ after frozen wilds DLC you can be at max level 60 and the enemies cap at 35, but suddenly you shot as if you are drunk and never picked up a bow before.  Ok enough of my rant.

So now my list is complete and I am thinking about my next one, I need to put a little thought into it as I want to include games I am planning on conquering for some other events I am also participating in.  I am hoping to have my list by tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

Happy Gaming All!!! I look forward to your progress updates and reading about your gaming adventures!

• Like 3

It's been a while since I posted an update but I've completed a few games. I completed the story and earned the platinum in The Sinking City. It is a Lovecraftian horror game that took me about 20 hours to finish and I'd give it a 7.5/10. I then cleared the story and earned the platinum in Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered. It's probably my least favorite of the series so far partially because it was held back by the limitations of the Vita, it took me about 18 hours and I'd rate it overall a 6.5/10. I cleared the story and earned the platinum in Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019). I really enjoyed this game and am excited to see how they continue the story in the future. It took me about 12 hours and I'd give it a 9/10. I cleared the story in Yakuza Like A Dragon and it took me about 80 hours. My first experience with a yakuza game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd give it a 9/10. Finally, I cleared the story in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered and it took me about 12 hours. I love the Uncharted series so it was great to replay this one. I'd give it a 9/10. 

• Like 3

OK here is my next list.  Seeing as it is late at night I will do updates for @cjninja125 and add my second list in the morning.  I have 2 games on there list on the site as about 10 hours games using the guides so I am hoping they are about that without guides/ minimal guide use for clean up :) 

Deponia Doomsday (PS4) 0%
Persona 5 (PS4) 13%
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4) 0%
Sakura Wars (PS4) 0%
Fairy Tail (PS4) 0%
Life is Strange (PS4) 0%
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (PS4) 0%
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (PS4) 0%
Dark Rose Valkyrie (PS4) 0%
The Saboteur (PS3) 16%
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

OK here is my next list.  Seeing as it is late at night I will do updates for @cjninja125 and add my second list in the morning.  I have 2 games on there list on the site as about 10 hours games using the guides so I am hoping they are about that without guides/ minimal guide use for clean up :) 

Deponia Doomsday (PS4) 0%
Persona 5 (PS4) 13%
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4) 0%
Sakura Wars (PS4) 0%
Fairy Tail (PS4) 0%
Life is Strange (PS4) 0%
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout (PS4) 0%
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (PS4) 0%
Dark Rose Valkyrie (PS4) 0%
The Saboteur (PS3) 16%

Man, I love P5, but that original trophy list is so daunting to me. My boyfriend had to do an entire extra playthrough because he missed one text from Mishima that locked him out of a quest or a book or something. If you're going for the plat, be sure to have some backup saves ? 

• Like 2

@cjninja125 congrats on all the games you finished.  I got your entries on the list.  I noticed that you got the plat for uncharted 3 after your post so I updated the list to reflect that as well.  

I believe as of now all submissions are entered, if I missed anything please let me know.  Also if possible when you post a game completion please try to list if it was out of list or not.  Just saves me and @Arethien time having to double check them against the submitted list.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot of work, it is more of a flow and data entry thing, having to switch between tabs can slow at least me down.  :)  Not going to harp on it, just a gentle reminder :) 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:01 AM, JourneySilvers said:

Man, I love P5, but that original trophy list is so daunting to me. My boyfriend had to do an entire extra playthrough because he missed one text from Mishima that locked him out of a quest or a book or something. If you're going for the plat, be sure to have some backup saves 1f605.png 

initially missing the Competent negotiator trophy in the first and second dungeon and trying to get grind it in the 3rd dungeon is what frustrated me when I first played the game so I put it down for a bit and haven't come back to it yet.  I really do need to though and no more postponing it this time I hope :) 

• Like 2

Time for a sudden, random and chaotic summary of what's going on!

I wasn't active here myself for about 2 months now already, so as to see a bigger picture of what has happened...

Lets start with leaderboard:

Member S2 Points S2 Games S2 Place Total Points Total Games Total Place
1 (10) cjninja125 8 9 1 18 30 4
2 (02) Spinacheq 6.5 8 2 22.5 20 3
3 (06) sindrics 6.25 9 3 23.75 26 2
4 (11) Gretchen27 5 7 4 8.5 11 7
5 (08) milk-aholic 4 6 5 30.5 27 1
6 (14) JourneySilvers 4 3 5 4 3 10
7 (03) Tenzai1980 3 2 7 14.5 14 5
8 (04) willythom88 2 1 8 5 4 9
9 (01) Arethien 1 2 9 12.5 16 6
10 (09) gazdavis11 0 0 10 7 4 8
11 (07) AffectatiousDonk 0 0 10 1 1 11
12 (12) arsenal4life1471 0 0 10 1 1 11
13 (13) SmellsLikeJazz 0 0 10 0 0 13

...from members active in season 2 I'm last ?. Good job me ?.

As seen above, we have 13 members with accepted lists.

2 more members gave their lists, but it stopped before acceptance. These are @Phantochi and @StewartBros. @Spinacheq, any idea what happened there? Maybe you thought I added them I thought you'll add them... and no one did. @StewartBros did edit given list after your comment, so it should be ok to add. @Phantochi never answered back to concerns about Mortal Combat, so I'm not sure what do you want to do with that.

*EDIT*

Totally forgot, the biggest congrats to @Spinacheq and @sindrics for full given list clears! ??

5 active members, which are:

@Spinacheq, @sindrics, @cjninja125, @Gretchen27, @JourneySilvers.

Congrats on all of your clears and dedication to keep going to the end credits! ?

4 members "lazy" on clears, also called inactive are:

@Arethien - last in February, @Tenzai1980 - last in February, @willythom88 - last in February, @milk-aholic - last in January.

Although I hope all of them are still with us and playing games ?. 

Lets give them a big cheer so they can clear something for that nice feeling of completion! ?

4 members stuck for more than 3 months on their given lists clears are:

@Arethien - 1 stuck point, @milk-aholic - 1 stuck point, @cjninja125 - 2 stuck points... You only cleared 1 game on your list and 29 of out of lists. You sure you don't want to use any swaps?, @Gretchen27 - 1 stuck point.

3 absent members, which are:

@gazdavis11, @arsenal4life1471 and probably next month to be marked as retired @AffectatiousDonk.

Something like that. I'm sorry in advance if I made any mistakes or missed something.

Good luck and a lot of fun gaming to everyone! ?

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arethien said:

4 members "lazy" on clears, also called inactive are:

@Arethien - last in February, @Tenzai1980 - last in February, @willythom88 - last in February, @milk-aholic - last in January.

Although I hope all of them are still with us and playing games 1f642.png

Lets give them a big cheer so they can clear something for that nice feeling of completion! 1f917.png

I totally agree with you, but I am curious about being stuck.  I've been stuck in Bravely Default 2 now for about 5 months (early December) and just curious what I can do with that.  Honestly, I have no intention of finishing it any time soon.

@willythom88, are you asking how stuck points are decided?

A stuck point is "awarded" not for being stuck on a single game, but for being stuck on clears from given list as a whole. I didn't give you a stuck point because you cleared Trials of Mana in February. Although to be fair you had a 3 months gap between Fire Emblem and Trials of Mana, so you were eligible for that swap point then, I just missed it.

Do you want that stuck swap point?

44 minutes ago, Arethien said:

@willythom88, are you asking how stuck points are decided?

A stuck point is "awarded" not for being stuck on a single game, but for being stuck on clears from given list as a whole. I didn't give you a stuck point because you cleared Trials of Mana in February. Although to be fair you had a 3 months gap between Fire Emblem and Trials of Mana, so you were eligible for that swap point then, I just missed it.

Do you want that stuck swap point?

I would yes (I didn't even realize that's how it worked, but thank  you for clarifying).

• Like 1