Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

8 hours ago, Arethien said:

2 more members gave their lists, but it stopped before acceptance. These are @Phantochi and @StewartBros. @Spinacheq, any idea what happened there? Maybe you thought I added them I thought you'll add them... and no one did. @StewartBros did edit given list after your comment, so it should be ok to add. @Phantochi never answered back to concerns about Mortal Combat, so I'm not sure what do you want to do with that.

@StewartBros is my fault, I didn't see the reply so I never entered the list.  If I miss something like this someone, any one feel free to call me out and make sure I notice it.  @StewartBros let me know if you are still interested in the event.  I will count your reply as active start date since your list not getting entered in a timely fashion was my mistake, that meaning any games you completed in that list or out of list since then I am willing to count.

@Phantochi I knew I hadn't entered into the list since I never did hear back from them.  I am fine with moving forward with the list as is.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

@StewartBros is my fault, I didn't see the reply so I never entered the list.  If I miss something like this someone, any one feel free to call me out and make sure I notice it.  @StewartBros let me know if you are still interested in the event.  I will count your reply as active start date since your list not getting entered in a timely fashion was my mistake.

Yep, I'm still up for this. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arethien said:

@gazdavis11, you do know you get points for out of list games 1f914.png? Check opening post of this thread to remind yourself of how it all is set up here 1f642.png. To say it simple, a game has to be played for about 10 hours to count.

Ah ok, I didn't realise, let me look back at what i've completed that would qualify.  What site do you use to determine length of play?  HLBT? completinist.me? 

1 hour ago, gazdavis11 said:

What site do you use to determine length of play?  HLBT? completinist.me? 

Members honesty.

We don't care how much time it took other people to reach credits or 100%, we count individual member times.

Although I hope you're not planning now to list all games out of list you cleared since you joined? That was a long period.

@Spinacheq, maybe we should think of adding a rule about how long we wait for progress reports until they expire and no longer count?

*EDIT*

Ah, but I forgot. Points from games cleared in season 1 period, which ended in December, are already not countable.

Edited by Arethien

22 hours ago, willythom88 said:

I would yes (I didn't even realize that's how it worked, but thank  you for clarifying).

Okay I think I have a good substitute for Bravely Default 2.  I'm gonna drop it and sub in Super Mario RPG.  Playing it on the Wii U.  @Arethien Between this and Legends of Mana I should be able to get back out of the slump I'm in soon ish.  Thanks for catching the point.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 1:23 AM, Arethien said:

probably next month to be marked as retired @AffectatiousDonk.

Sorry, I'm still alive a kicking, completely forgot to update. Will do so now :)

List

• Chicory                           PS4     2% 
  • Crystar                            PS4     36% REPLACE with Bravely Default 2 (Switch) - Chapter 2
  • Buried Stars                    PS4    not started 
  • Persona 5 Strikers          PS4     not started
  • Oninaki                           PS4    not started
  • Root Film                        PS4     chapter 2
  • Ys IX Monstrum Nox      PS4     chapter 2
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox    Chapter 2
  • Scarlet Nexus                 XsX      Story Completion +1  27/8/2021
  • Judgement                      XsX     Story Completion +1 5/10/2021

Off List Games (1/2 point)

Horizon Forbidden West - Platinum 16/3/2022

I am a bit distracted with recent open world adventures at the moment so should have some more off listers soon. Still planning on moving through the remaining games on my list. Thanks again for the bump to remind me and for running this fun event as well 

• Like 1

I updated three of the above members information and distributed stuck swap points for people who were eligible at some point, but didn't get them.

I must apologize about stuck swap points confusion. I myself thought of them as a last resort, so I wasn't updating them regularly. Very sorry for that. ?

• Like 2

00c45066-cfdc-4aa3-ada4-25eb879d75d0.png

"Night In The Woods" - Infinite Fall

Finished story, 1/32 -> 11/32 (PS4)

What a great game. The art, the dialog, the story. You don't know what to expect but it will surpass you expectations. By far!

Can't really say much about it without spoiling anything.

You just play some gal named Mae, back from college at a sleepy hometown, trying to connect with old friends - maybe making some new along the way.

The game has room for at least two play throughs since you have to decide between two main friends and their specific events. 

I'll definitely play it once more and I'm kinda hyped to go for the platinum. Really nice experience.

One play through can be between 5 to 12 hours, depending on how much you explore and who you are talking to - some people may trigger extra events that you'd miss if you just follow the "main friend" route.

It took me 11 hours and I thought I was really exploring and taking much stuff in - looking at the Trophy Guide I just saw how wrong I was ? I MISSED SO MANY THINGS!

931fd5ff-8029-4026-9db9-3696786a3033.png

"Crossing Souls" - Fourattic

Finished story, 0/33 -> 33/33 :platinum: (PS4)

Yeah. Okay. 

So this game had a really big hype when it came out and I bought it as soon as the PS4 Version was available, because 

1. Pixelart (is there anything prettier? I doubt so.)

2. Set in the 80's.

3. The story was interesting and reviews about it where top notch.

The game is about a group of friends that make an interesting discovery that turns the world they knew completely upside down. Can they save the world and bring everything back to normal?

Now I kinda wish I didn't play it because in the end I was pretty disappointed. 

It looks great, nice music, nice dialog. But the story just wasn't that engaging and the game play was frustrating at some points.

I expected more and it just couldn't hold up to that.

And that's it. I also finished my list and I will submit another one as soon as you guys updated everything ?

Finished Off-List Games: Song of Memories (PS4), story + platinum points

Overcooked! All You Can Eat (PS5), story + platinum points

• Like 2

@Arethien

It's not that I'm stuck, it's that I'm only playing one game from my list at a time. & that's currently Summon Night 6. I'm halfway done with the Night conversations & character endings. It's no joke that it'll take 100hrs, from 2 main protagonists, each with ~30 characters to play through the last 6 chapters or so for endings. The game does have an auto battle function, which I'm using with certain save points. Still, I timed myself, 1hr, 48min per run. I can drop that down to under an 1hr, 15min or so when I just have to play the last 5 chapters. 

I've been chipping away at it since December (though lately I've picked up the pace).

But looking over my list again, I will swap God Wars Future Past for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II on Vita. GWFP has the same grid based battle system as SN6, & when I finish that, I'll need a refreshing break with my RPG games. One of my Vitas is locked down with the SN6 grind, but I'm making progress. 

Also, I've been picking up the Switch more for a little Animal Crossing or Pokémon Snap. Hopefully, that gears me up to work on games there. I'll have to restart reading Cafe Enchante, since that's been a few months. 

• Like 4

Finally got another one, with Legends of Mana.  Between this and Trials, one of them is my favorite in this series.  This one feels really unique and diverse in terms of environments and structures.  It definitely has some annoying 90's game tropes in it, but I'll save all of that for after I plat it.  In general, if you like action RPGs, I can't recommend this game enough.  It can be a bit confusing to find the path to stuff, and the guides online aren't very good.  I'm gonna work on the plat starting tomorrow.  I'm also gonna plough through Super Mario RPG over the next week or so.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Trials of Mana

Legends of Mana

Super Mario RPG

Bayonetta

Crysis 2

Far Cry 4

Lost Odyssey

Army of Two 40th Day

• Like 3

HI all,

Sorry I have been a bit absent the last couple of weeks from here.  Life got busy and fast.  A couple of customers at work decided to move their software upgrades up and a process that normally takes 6 months was pushed into 2 month cycle with my part as a DBA (Database Administrator) usually being in the last month was shorten to only 2 weeks of time.  Then my Father and step mom came for a visit which was great, they wanted to see are place in Wyoming.  The senior DBA has been in Germany all week for his birthday and once he got there he learned his dad passed so once he is back on monday he gets to go help take care of estate and funeral stuff.  So just been busy, had to decide to sit in front of computer more or play a little of atelier Ryza.  and of course I choose the game hehe.  Think I will have some time this weekend to catch up on here and go through the million forum posts I need to catch up on across all the events I am help/participating in.

Thanks @Arethien for holding the fort down.  

• Like 1

April update:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope - completed 06.04.2022

Story - 0

Platinum - 0.5

Only game I completed last month. However, I now have 8 battles to S rank in Summon Night 6 before that's done, too. I tried hard to finish it, but it was a big task finishing all Night conversations, generating all Summon bursts (& the prep work for that), & completing all brave orders. I'm not sure yet if I can knock out those battles in a night, or a few days. Of course, I've saved the most difficult for last. I am near completing a game from my list though!

• Like 3

Although I've been playing a lot of games, I haven't been on the forums since around the time that the last casual pyramid died off.  Guess it's time to submit my list!  

Guardian's of the Galaxy PS5  (this one has an auto-pop but I don't like using those, I'm going to plat the PS5 and then go for the PS4 plat after!

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

Far Cry 4

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - I was going to play this co-op with the wife from launch day on, but she broke her wrist just before the launch!  She's almost ready to play though!

Gran Turismo 7

Elden Ring

Stardew Valley

Tales of Arise

Wreckfest

Yakuza 0

Playing Guardian's of the Galaxy while the wife watches currently.  Planning on starting my Stardew Valley sometime tonight as well.  Fector's Challenge, here I come!

• Like 3

Finally I had the time to put my second list together.

I hope I manage to finish this off before the end of the year, but with my "promotion" and a new partner life became pretty busy ?

- Octopath Traveler (Nintendo Switch) - ~10%, I met 6 out of 8 characters and played for about 8 to 10 hours. With an estimated playtime of roughly 80 to 100 hours I still have plenty of time to enjoy this gorgeous game.

- Deathloop (PS5) - 0%, not started

- Hades (PS5) - 0%, not started

- The Night of the Rabbit (PC) - 0%, not started

- Die Young (PS4) - 0%, not started

- Worldend Syndrome (PS4) - 0%, not started

- Forgotten Anne (PS4) - 0%, not started

- God of War (PS3) - 0%, not started

- God of War II (PS3) - 0%, not started

- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSVita) - 0%, not started

• Like 3

@Spinacheq

In terms of setting, I liked Man of Medan for its tropey/campy nature better. Little Hope though wins out on horror. It got me more then a few times on jump scares, & without spoiling anything: there's something that happens with transitions that I absolutely will not watch. I had the most fun playing it the first time couch co-op.

I'll be picking up House of Ashes at some point, if only to chit chat with the curator.

Summon Night 6 is a stuffed to the gills RPG through the main story. Once that's done, it's a mega grind. I recommend it to play, but only if you can let the trophy list go uncompleted (or invest the 200hrs).

Guardian's of the Galaxy PS5  

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga PS5

Far Cry 4 PS4

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands PS5

Gran Turismo 7 - PS5

Elden Ring - PS5

Stardew Valley PS4

Tales of Arise PS5

Wreckfest PS4

Yakuza 0 PS4

Systems listed as per request!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

@Spinacheq

In terms of setting, I liked Man of Medan for its tropey/campy nature better. Little Hope though wins out on horror. It got me more then a few times on jump scares, & without spoiling anything: there's something that happens with transitions that I absolutely will not watch. I had the most fun playing it the first time couch co-op.

I'll be picking up House of Ashes at some point, if only to chit chat with the curator.

Summon Night 6 is a stuffed to the gills RPG through the main story. Once that's done, it's a mega grind. I recommend it to play, but only if you can let the trophy list go uncompleted (or invest the 200hrs).

I played Man of Medan and Little Hope, went in to House of Ashes expecting it to be the worst of the three (idk, the war setting seemed like it was going to be dry and boring to me since history makes me snooze). But I was very wrong. Ended up loving House of Ashes leagues more than the other two. I thought the mix between action and horror was done perfectly, and they actually improved (imo) their storytelling by quite a bit. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

I played Man of Medan and Little Hope, went in to House of Ashes expecting it to be the worst of the three (idk, the war setting seemed like it was going to be dry and boring to me since history makes me snooze). But I was very wrong. Ended up loving House of Ashes leagues more than the other two. I thought the mix between action and horror was done perfectly, and they actually improved (imo) their storytelling by quite a bit. 

Good to hear, I'll look forward to it then. I see improvement from MM to LH. They don't copy each other like I expected. With the first it was piecing clues together, the second had frequent flashbacks. So I'm curious how they'll present Ashes. Not so psyched for getting scared though ?

• Like 1

A small update, all off list:

Unpacking: finished the story and got the platinum ?? I almost bought this game on the switch before I realized it was coming to PS, so I'm glad I waited. It's very short and an easy plat, but I really enjoyed my time with it for what it was. I do feel like $20 might be a bit expensive for how quickly it's finished though ? I think it took me 3 or 4 hours? 

Wytchwood: finished the story and got the platinum! Another short game and easy plat (~10 hours) but WOW I got addicted to it. Super fun adventure/puzzle game where the main mechanic is gathering ingredients, crafting items, and learning which items fulfill the quest requirements or exploit an enemy weakness. The artstyle is so beautiful, and the writing is often witty and funny. Main story revolves around stealing souls of evil characters. ? Really loved it. 

• Like 2

A small update, all off list. I completed the story and earned the platinum in Maneater (PS5). It was really fun playing as a shark and causing chaos, it took me about 8 hours to complete it, and I'd give it an 8.5/10. I earned the platinum in Watch_Dogs (PS3) and it took me about 20 hours to finish everything and I'd also give it an 8.5/10. I completed the story and earned the platinum in Narcos and it took me about 20 hours and I'd give it a 6.5/10. And last but certainly not least I earned the platinum in Dark Souls 3. I really love this game and the whole series, it took me about 25 hours to finish up the trophies and I'd give it a 9.5/10. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

long time for me to update.

Give me a playlist and i am sure not to play the games in it so all new points for me are for games outside my list:

after a long long looooong time i have finally gotten the plat for Neverwinter. Because they changed the criteria for getting the 1000 dragons i got my last trophy for the plat.

Then there is the game Lost in Random. I must say i was attracted to the game because of the graphic and was then hooked with the gameplay and the story. The ending could have been a little better but all in all i would give the game a 9/10. Think i got the plat in 14-15 hr.

And finally after a long hunt i got the Playstation 5 and of course played Astro´s Playroom. Really funny short game to introduce the PS5-Controller. Think i got the plat under 10 hr but not so sure.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

havent updated in quite a bit.

Ive found a site and emulator that let you earn trophies/acheivments on retro systems like nes/snes/segas/ps11/n64 etc so been a bit occupied with that , the site is called retro acheivments and the emulator is called retroarch for anyone who might be interested.

Horizon forbidden west : completed and plated on list

Favorite game of this gen so far the story was good really like the new characters and loved alot of the new machines especially the one that i suspect is a refrence to shin godzilla. but there were a few things they i think they could have done better imo, took me around 100 in total and still got some side stuff to do 9/10 cant wait for the 3rd game!

Assault gunners hd edition : completed and plated on list

A decent but very easy mech game, was hoping it would serve as a stand in till the next armoured core but its very easy and isnt as complex, was fun but bearly counted for this as my plat time on it was 10hrs and 1 minute lol

DBZ Kakarot : completed and plated on list

A good edition to the dbz games i just wish there were more characters to choose from as large sections of the game require you to use a specific character and dont allow you to change and most side missions need you to be gohan. Unfortunatly the strongest dbx character is unplayable but it would be cheating to let us play as earths mightiest warrior MR SATAN!✌️ ?

Uncharted lost legacy: completed and plated off list

After leaving it for so long finally got around to playing it and really enjoyed it, i wouldnt mind more smaller uncharted games centered around the side characters, a sully prequel would be pretty cool.

Bound by flame plated off list

Finally after 7 years ive finished getting the plat, this game gets a bad rep which i think is unfair although the game does have problems particulary with the side quests and romance trophies. The combat is fine but on higher difficulty you have to play very defensivly and riposte most of the time, whcih i think alot of the complaints come from. Had to do 3 additional playthroughs to finish this off but glad its done.

pokemon yellow completed off list

proof:here retro acheiment account page

pokemon gold completed off list

proof:here retro acheiment account page

Edited by sindrics
left out a bit about horizon