• Root Film                        PS4     chapter 2
  • Ys IX Monstrum Nox      PS4     chapter 2
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 Xbox    Chapter 2
  • Scarlet Nexus                 XsX      Phase 3
  • Judgement                      XsX     not started
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Arethien said:

Yes. I love how emulators can boost graphics and resolution. 1f60a.png

yes emulators are great, for enjoying a game that is either too rare or way to expensive to buy.  I also approve of fan made translations for older systems to be able to play games that never got ported your region. (WHY did Americans have to be so stupid as to how great RPGs were in Japan in the 8 bit and 16 bit gens?)  It is also great for when being able to get screen shots of the completion so that is a bonus. :)

11 hours ago, Arethien said:
13 hours ago, sindrics said:

if a game has multiplayer trophies/acheivments but the multiplayer is dead can the game be considered to be 100%

1f62e.png! That's a very good question... Hm... 1f914.png Maybe? I think even trophy events count unobtainable trophy lists as 100%?

I don't have any strong opinion about that and I'm ok with counting them or not. I don't see myself checking for these though. 1f635.png

@Spinacheq What do you think?

So this is a tricky one. If for instance the game has multiplayer and the servers are shutoff then I am fine with saying 100% of what you can get is 100% complete.  If the servers are still on and the community is dead, I tend to lean towards you should still try to get them.  Personally I would accept them if say you had tried to run a boosting session and it didn't work out cause no one wanted to play that game anymore.  That to me would be proof you tried.  I would say no now if you are unsure it might be safer to put any game you don't think will have a active multiplayer servers and they are still up on your list.  Though @Arethien and I will consider more on this as I can see this might be a concern for others as well.

• Like 1

Oh this is great!

I just participated in a similar event on a german forum and I managed to decrease my backlog by 11 games in 3 months.

So maybe this will give me the same motivation boost ?

One question: This is now my "10 games list". Can I add games after I finished one or do I have to clear all 10 games and then start a new list?

My list:

- Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PSVita) - 0%, not started

- Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PSVita) - 0%, not started

- State of Mind (PS4) - 0%, not started

- A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS4) - 0%, not started

- Oxenfree (PS4) - 0%, not started

- Night in the Woods (PS4) - 1%, 1/32 trophies, starting from scratch because I started it 02/2019 and I've got absolutely no clue what's going on ?

- Crossing Souls (PS4) - 0%, not started

- SAW (PS3) - 40%, 24/47 trophies, saved 2 out of 6 people - so probably around 30% of the story (don't know for sure though)

- SAW II (PS3) - 0%, not started

- Trover Saves The Universe (PS4) - 0%, not started

Edited by milk-aholic

@milk-aholic Welcome! ?

3 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

I managed to decrease my backlog by 11 games in 3 months.

That's so many! ?

3 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

Can I add games after I finished one or do I have to clear all 10 games and then start a new list?

You have to clear all 10 and then start a new list.

It's to prioritize and clear given games list challenge! Very very hard! ? ? 

That's why we have limited swaps available for people. ?

Your list looks okay to me, although I don't know how long are few games on your list. Just to confirm, will all take you over 10 hours?

Also with first two, I know trophy list is the same for two consoles, but on which one are you playing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arethien said:

That's so many! 1f62e.png

Yes! I was so proud to manage to do about 3 +10 h games a month. I'm really excited how this event will play out for me ?

You have to clear all 10 and then start a new list.

That's good to know! So I can concentrate on the games I listed and then move on and just do the little ones or some clean up in-between ?

Your list looks okay to me, although I don't know how long are few games on your list. Just to confirm, will all take you over 10 hours?

I looked up what the time was on the german forum I use and they are all over or pretty exactly 10 hours. I don't know most of the games so I looked what other people say about the time to complete it ?

Also with first two, I know trophy list is the same for two consoles, but on which one are you playing?

I'll play on the Vita. Already played Virtues Last Reward on the Vita and I think it suits the whole concept of this "Escape Room Style" more. I can chang it to only that console in the list ?

So if everything else is fine I can start playing tomorrow right? Or did I overlook some start date? 

I can change it to only that console in the list

Please do. Just include your chosen platform.

2 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

So if everything else is fine I can start playing tomorrow right? Or did I overlook some start date? 

List accepted, so start whenever you want. :)

• Like 1

@Kishnabe Ah! I just found you "sneak" edited your given games list. Thank you for the change, list fully accepted.

Reminder for everyone:

If you don't post your updates as a new post in this thread we won't notice it, as it doesn't give any notification of users editing their posts.

Also new quality of life feature for everyone. I've added links to everyone's given list posts in our spreadsheet! You'll find them in Accepted Lists tab! ?

Now you won't have to look for yours, or others if you wish, list in this probably very long to be thread. ?

When telling us about your clears you can now just say what game, without copy/paste of the whole given list.

Instead of a copy/paste of your whole list in every update post, just edit that originally given one if possible.

Edited by Arethien

16 hours ago, milk-aholic said:

ne question: This is now my "10 games list". Can I add games after I finished one or do I have to clear all 10 games and then start a new list?

Don't forget you can play games that aren't on your list as well, you just get half the points for them.  As @Arethien has said in previous posts, the list to help you stay on track a little bit.  But that said we know everyone wonders from the path from time to time to check out the scenery.  So if you play a game not on your list still let us know, and we can get you something and cheer you on as you travel down that long fun road that is gaming.  :)  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arethien said:

@gazdavis11 To signup you have to give us a list of your chosen 10 games and have it accepted.

Please use my opening post to make sure your list follows event rules. 

my list of 10 games shall be:

Far Cry 3 Classic Edition - PS4

Gravel - PS4 

Murdered Soul Suspect - PS4

Batman The Enemy Within - PS4

Maneater - PS5

Crossing Souls - PS4

God Of War 2 - PS3

Marvels Spider-Man: Miles Morales - PS5

Olympics Games Tokyo 2020 - PS4

Need for Speed 2015 - PS4 

I haven’t started any of these games yet

Edited by gazdavis11
  • Like 2

@FFATMA Welcome back!

Sure, looking forward to your list. ?

@gazdavis11 Thanks for adding your progress information. I've talked with @Spinacheq and we think that Olympics Games Tokyo 2020 is not eligible for story/stage point, as it doesn't have any campaign. If you're not going for platinum with that game that will be 0 points, if you do 1 point.

You ok with that game on your list?

Edited by Arethien

16 hours ago, Arethien said:

@FFATMA Welcome back!

Sure, looking forward to your list. 1f642.png

@gazdavis11 Thanks for adding your progress information. I've talked with @Spinacheq and we think that Olympics Games Tokyo 2020 is not eligible for story/stage point, as it doesn't have any campaign. If you're not going for platinum with that game that will be 0 points, if you do 1 point.

You ok with that game on your list?

Yes the intention will be for the platinum 

• Like 1

So I had a very lazy, didn't turn on my Desktop PC weekend.  So checked things on my phone but even through smart phones can do so much updating a outside of simple messages is just not what I was going to do on my phone lol.  So I have 2 updates for completed games.

Song of Memories (PS4): (:platinum: Completion Achieved)

This was a fun game with a very interesting story.  A VN with 24 or 25 endings in total counting all the true endings, normal endings and the bad endings for each character.  The music was done well and I enjoyed the background songs.  The endings for each character were unique enough that it made it so I wanted to read all the parts that were different.  By this I mean that the game by default sets auto skip for already read messages.  As there are a few joint dialogs that never change no matter the playthrough of who you pick as the girl you will focus on.  Even with that on it can take a bit to read all the new parts for each girls true routes.  There was a flow chart for monitoring what you have and haven't seen or interacted with and it was actually pretty easy to understand and made it pretty easy to figure out what you needed to do to stay on each girls true route.  I saw that if you just trophy hunt this game you can complete it in less than 10 hours, and while I would never judge anyone for that, I would say if you choose to do it you will miss out on a really well done story and a fun experience.  The only real complaint I had for this game was the rhythm based battle sequences.  were you had to press some buttons based as a circle closed on a button input while a virtual girl group sings.  Not initially hard, but as the girls level the timing gets weird in an attempt to add difficulty but really just adds frustration.  Luckily you can just skip battles, with the exception of the tutorial battle on each play through.  And by skipping the battle you don't lose out on anything.  I would definitely say give this game a try if you are on the fence about it, as if it turns out to not be your cup of tea it is easy with some guides to complete fast so you don't leave an incomplete game on your list. 

Deponia (PS4): (:platinum: Completion Achieved)

Another fun game, a throw back to classic point and click games like what lucas film games use to put out.  I was worried this game would be too short as it has 2 hour plat videos on you tube, and the trophy hunting guide says 5 hours or less I believe.  That being said I marked down form a guide on another site where were the point of no return for missiable trophies were and then just played the game interacting with everything and on my own pace.  That turned out to be the best choice as it got to laugh at some funny jokes and dialogs that I would have missed out on if I had followed the 2 hour trophy guide.  (I watched it after the fact out of curiosity.)  I would say cute game, I think it took me just over 10 hours as I had to redo one part as something glitched on me and my character was stuck walking in place on auto pilot.  I was worried initially that this game wouldn't be long enough for the 10 rule, though it was close and I was prepared to not get any points for it, it was still fun game and I am glad I played it.  Thankfully I didn't catch onto the puzzles too easily that I am pretty sure it was over 10 hours of game time. But I will leave it up to @Arethien for judgement as it wouldn't be fair for me to way in on my own games :).

I also completed some off list DLC for fallout 3 on PS3, though not going to count them for half points as they only took me longer than 10 hours as the game is buggy as hell and had to replay missions/quests 3 or 4 times to progress far enough to move on.  I really hate how Bethesda treated ps3 gamers back in the day.

• Like 2

@Spinacheq Congratulations! You took the first event clears. ?

One Moe VN and one Point & Click game. Never played neither of these genres ?.

There will be games, probably mainly indies and maybe few Telltales, Resident Evil 2 Remake? ?, that will come just close or just not close enough for our 10 hours rule. Heavily depending on who plays them also. I think we can count them fully, as it's a casual gaming event, and give a person reporting on them some trust on their given clear time.

Event is about playing games you enjoy, or you thought you'll enjoy and missed ?, not strictly about their length. So as long as these types of games aren't overused for point gains or lied about how long it took a person to clear, it's ok to count them normally.

Although I think time lost on game bugs and save restarts shouldn't count to overall clear time.

I would like to sign up for this as well. I've recently been trying to complete more games and reduce my backlog so this seems perfect for me. 

Here is my list: 

1. Control (PS4) 9% (restarting because I haven't played in a while and don't remember the story)
2. Far cry 4 (PS4) 8% (only played the first 2 missions)
3. Yakuza 0 (PS4) 2% (Completed the first chapter)
4. Mass effect (PS3) 0% (haven't started)
5. Horizon zero dawn (PS4) 14% (restarting because I haven't played it in a while and I don't remember the story)
6. Doom eternal (PS4) 4% (only played the first mission)
7. Assassins creed odyssey (PS4) 35% (Completed episode 7)
8. Nioh 2 (PS4) 6% (Completed the first 3 missions)
9. The last of us remastered (PS4) 0% (haven't started)
10. The witcher 3 (PS4) 1% (only played the first chapter)

• Like 1

@cjninja125 Welcome. ?

Very nice list of games. Especially that 10th. ?

Everything seems to be eligible for a story point, although Assassin's Creed Odyssey is probably in a just margin, as main story-wise you already completed about 70%.

Doom Eternal seems to have a campaign, but I have no idea about it's length.

Looking at your PlayStation profile you seem to play good variety of games casually at your own pace, so probably all is good. 

You sure you want to play PS3 version of Mass Effect, not the remaster on PS4?

I'll accept your list.

@Spinacheq feel free to re-check me on that. ?

@Arethien Thank you, I've used this website for a while for guides and other trophy hunting help but just decided to sign up and post for this event.

I'm very excited to play the witcher 3. I've heard excellent things about it. I'm currently trying to complete the DLCs for AC Odyssey before I continue with the main story but I can switch out AC Odyssey for AC Valhalla if that would be better. I've only completed the second sequence in AC Valhalla.

Doom (2016) took me about 15 hours to beat so I imagine Doom Eternal will be similar. 

I want to play the PS3 version of Mass Effect. I've had the PS3 trilogy for years now and want to finally play through them. I also don't currently have the PS4 remaster.  

@cjninja125 No, it's fine. You don't have to change any games. It looked ok to me, so it's accepted. ?

Me and @Spinacheq won't be discussing every list each time together before accepting, would take too much time. Either of us can add a list. Although we can miss something, that's why even after accepting a list he or me can add correcting objection.

Me and @Spinacheq won't be discussing every list each time together before accepting, would take too much time. Either of us can add a list. Although we can miss something, that's why even after accepting a list he or me can add correcting objection.

Plus the benefit of having more than 1 person running something helps to prevent burn out of the event host(s) side.  And I think we tend to lean towards the generous side on things as we want everyone to have fun. :) Cause if you don't have fun then we will have to kick you out of the event lol j/k :P 

• Like 1