Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

@willythom88 I like your updates ?.

Nice to see someone who enjoys longer games.

Just a reminder to be careful with spoilers.

Oh no! You're cutting DQVIII! ?

I do remember difficulty spikes got to me too when I played it on PS2. I think I stopped on the second continent, as I had troubles even walking from town to town without dying and my attempts at leveling up also ended with party wipes.

When I started over "recently" I had no problems at all, as I loved staring at these cute monsters in battles, so I was on the contrary, overleveled. It isn't as good as DQXI, but still very nice game.

What platform are you playing Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure? Or is it Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure?

Edited by Arethien

5 hours ago, Arethien said:

@willythom88 I like your updates ?.

Nice to see someone who enjoys longer games.

Just a reminder to be careful with spoilers.

Oh no! You're cutting DQVIII! ?

I do remember difficulty spikes got to me too when I played it on PS2. I think I stopped on the second continent, as I had troubles even walking from town to town without dying and my attempts at leveling up also ended with party wipes.

When I started over "recently" I had no problems at all, as I loved staring at these cute monsters in battles, so I was on the contrary, overleveled. It isn't as good as DQXI, but still very nice game.

What platform are you playing Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure? Or is it Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure?

Oh wow I didn't even think of that, my bad.  Edited the post to remove any potential spoilers.

Also playing it on PC, so Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure.

Also yeah, I think DQVIII is just a timing issue.  I loved the first like, 40 hours of it, but I think I'm just a bit burnt out on traditional turn based stuff right now.  I'm definitely going to finish it though, probably later in the year or in the beginning of next.

Finished Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punichments

Should give me half point for story and Plat

Personally i think the game The Testament of Sherlock Holmes was better in story and riddles. In Crimes you basically only needed to solve a few locks and that was pretty easy. But neverless i would recomment to play the game, i mean: who doesn't like Sherlock?

• Like 2

One last update before the end of august from me:

"State of Mind"                                

29/35 -> :platinum: 35/35

Had to play the first half of the game two more times and that was pretty boring, but I took the extra time to make a german trophy guid so it was at least good for something

"Zero Escape: The Nonary Games"  

8/38 -> :platinum: 38/38

Like I previously said I skipped the novel parts in "Virtues Last Reward". Did the Escape Rooms without guide though because I remembered pretty much, so I only had to do the math parts again (I even had some of my solution sheets left). Took me roughly 8 hours what's like 1/4 of what it took me the first time. Like ... that's a lot of reading ?

56e173ab-affa-4dc3-b4eb-215a7d46d1ab.png

"Zero Time Dilemma" - Spike Chunsoft

Finished Story, 0/33 -> :platinum: 33/33 (PSVita)

Okay, I liked this one A LOT. I really love this series and I finished this game in 3 days because I couldn't lay the vita aside. 

I like the art style best in this game. I thought it would be like VLR but it's more like a classic Telltale game and I think it looks fantastic.

In the beginning I was a bit lost and confused because the story is so torn apart that you just start somewhere and then jump to the next shred and from there to the next ...

But after a while you see the story unfold and it's so good and so captivating.

Only thing I think was worse than in it's previous games are the Escape Rooms. Somehow I had serious problems with two of them where I didn't even knew what to do AFTER looking up a walkthrough. They where either easy af or so hard (aka not finding anything = not being able to move forward) it physically hurt.

But in the end I think it was actually the best one in the series and I hope that whatever Spike Chunsoft does next it will be just as engrossing.

Since the first Nonary Game passed one year. Now a bunch of people take part in another experiment. 9 people are split into 3 teams. They are forced to play the Decision Game - the goal of the game is to flee through the X door - but it will only open after 6 people have died.

We will meet a bunch of people that where introduced in 999 or VLR. 

Kinda sad that it's already finished. Took me pretty exactly 20 hours. Thats a bit more than 999 and almost half of VLR.

So currently I finished story wise 5/10 games.

Trophy wise I also finished 5/10 games.

Open games: "A Plague Tale: Innocence", "Crossing Souls", "Night in the Woods", "Oxenfree", "Trover saves the universe"

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Arethien said:

@Tenzai1980 Congratulations! 

I do love Sherlock! ? Mystery is something that pulls me in.

Have you read/watched Kindaichi manga/anime? I love that!

Detective Conan I'm not too much into, because of him being in kid form... ?

Yes, i like mystery too.

I watched Kindaichi yes. I found it pretty interessting. Conan is so so. That he is a kid is not the problem for me but that the story don´t advance. I mean for how many years is he a kid now?

Oh and i finished the story in Time and Eternity. Hope that i will get the plat by the end of the week.

The game wasn´t as bad as i thought. The camera was sometimes a little off and the sound is off a lot (voice to quiet or sometimes no voice acting at all etc). Storywise..yeah it has a lot of ecchi scenes but i know worse so not so bad for me.

Edited by Tenzai1980
  • Like 1

@milk-aholic Congratulations!

Zero Time Escape games sound just a little interesting to me. A little, because I prefer to watch mystery and puzzles solved by someone, not doing them myself ?...

You started it thinking it'll be bad ?? Is it really an RPG or actually a Visual Novel with RPGish elements?

Tiny subjective rant bellow. Read at your own discretion.

Spoiler

I don't mind at all ecchi games, for both genders. They of course differ in presentation, as males are focused more on visual aspect, while females more on psychological. I just would like to know beforehand it is such a game, to make an educated decision if I want to play it. Not having to actually google some videos or screenshots, while doing which I can spoil a game for myself. You can usually tell by cover art, but in some cases it's harder to distinguish. For example few actual RPGs have enough, let's generalize and call it ecchi "things" for male viewing pleasure, to make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to play it.

There's also tendency to add these additional bikini costumes and some dubious camera angles to games which beside that are pretty normal. For example Legend of Heroes does it... Horror game Zero also had additional very skimpy bikini outfits. I feel these don't belong there. It destroys game's/character's atmosphere for me. If someone want ecchi content... simply play ecchi game. Hate it being mixed in in a lot of Japanese games.

I'm happy you used word "ecchi" instead of "fan service". I really don't like that second one. I'm a fan of games and anime too, but I don't feel serviced with ecchi content designed for males.

First one down, with Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD!  Longer write-up below, but to summarize (and in case you don't want to know much going into it), this is probably my favorite 3d Zelda now.  Mind you, I have only finished it and Ocarina of Time, but I've played enough Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker (I'm about to start Twilight Princess) to know this beats the four I've played a lot of by quite a bit in my book.

There are some minor spoilers, so be careful.

Spoiler

yPIvU3Qgpttc8zo8bbPvRlyalhS8ISJ_Bafsc539FCPz7dgx0n6QFhT8ImJvG5tPn2nzRSbmTcCIGuTHNg6CcWkYPwFKLFxxWOeUlNI6MicBICakpGkpBC7wOF8cGiwQ5_ZoJ0oFVc6yk2s7BMKPoHbnL7DI7YR_dzX-PWEIrCzHLRZHJscTs7-AZzpMI0DrzxvB7kZLct0zVHimK9cuut-PV-s5AymWHRptwuo1EultF46bVoSK999Be6F2gZ-WD9tpWVigPbkCLOZnesOD-0ZvbxgvapqrO8WhvLtmoOGrjJAa9qE5w8XH_A7ZdV20RSoitPlJzOU9R9HfFG_4wcPHGKuYcjKx3qGy-17UDmVZY0_NPlbZkiuc9pCbrAnUwWboFonAKfzHAHMyevK5mNf0cSeJn1HmH-hxf3NFTFq4BB7hqr4IX35Qbka4DgVmxnMIu-irAhJ5b0bPhrfd82LSAryZxR32uhLMltmXYtrJ2lvfgcKjcBXDgG1rGKaDlg2D5Xu5SOAV5AiXXTsid64uRWgW1fk3Jxbvo-9EcEFn7xSolumpQLFViKby-7_P90gOe0dQ2fGoCmxDwVjlNYh6i9wEJekMNN-D-ZrTY92tfBS6bpgdnoHpPyl5bP1CIMZQfgrgTRGhsbOcBoVrovBWMD_ZoNs-V23ElIuGMK8ovBN3IoZx9G5urJGuXzA3UmZpN2OqWXaLyICJQ4VPyGM=w1280-h720-no?authuser=0

Time to Beat: Just under 55 hours.

pnoLlMF7ZJ2Fu23VP6onpY_mK_-8b6v9FLjNdZjy7sP8xptvpNqStbL-T4PEKnhEolV_p7xm1oKtHfQjlqoAvkLq-qzneOdEndSKVLlkp2NIeoRCEaaRDwn8aV4I-bbdXJGVyX_NVQ1sEceccE8agtycSFH9jEDiPZiZK0cv0hu-emtDcuTUy7-BQAn4AroBPiFkPmMTYiTKWvjVf7K5QSklQMuyIdUlTr_SlqEDWRgGDXkVTRZuBX-UEy2SE6a_VJt47vrs_qIW42IOKF9JZUmJwPlAbA5MfDrz72SjA9lcVW9lbq6A3DVKc5WmykjKoowiaYm8Wc4RIBCQXqugn3JJCueaBPV7SNC1Nb0UsjhU3yYvnV6uX-R7SlB1sDMMu13H4XNSCGL8PXyJ4WpJPkBRetwD_B0n_dKxlmyeDJCdSfob_SwDZod8xYb_GmLH0qtQzkIuzBkL9G-gjuurp42KtcQpguEGkRQvRaF85Svt0W39IfzKO4QhIDV1RCa5DOuhPGLK346KY1O8Oc4-bUBFKtgxwOYII4LYDb3PEtpcR0f3CY-1-n7LIsABU4fF-yQzFfs7Vjv1NuJ-VRK40nlse2PMRoQlhPYV9IWd58dNGoHYzb2nzq0qYCgYF0EXUdpVsqktyDSHk-GndHFr8aHAvrYotWgH8pTXLXntXt8kGSLnX19Mo_d46XlxyIwxgQpYNi2-VMmL0MsVyKtJEkc=w1280-h720-no?authuser=0

Story: It's pretty standard Zelda fare for the most part, though it does seem to have a deeper focus on connecting the games to one another, and creating the bigger overarching story many fans didn't think existed for awhile.

Graphics: The water color style is gorgeous, and the monster design is pretty fantastic as well.  NPC design is also very nicely done, and you get the feeling that no sprites were re-used, or at least no color swapping occurred.

Sound: A bit lacking, actually.  Zelda games are always known for their music, and while this one keeps that tradition going, I'm never going to remember anything like I did the Song of Storms from Ocarina.  It was big and grandiose, but nothing to memorable.

Level Design: The game only features a few areas, but I enjoyed the way each of those areas opens up as time goes on.  The dungeons are pretty good too, though a few stuck out as being very weak in my opinion.  I did not like the distance you had to travel to go to each area, as, while it made the game feel very large, there wasn't much to do on your way.  This really slowed down the pacing,

Flow: Unfortunately, much like every other Zelda I've played, this game definitely suffers from padding issues, especially towards the end.  It could have ended about 10 hours earlier and it would have felt fine.  But thanks to a late game series of quests that do little to make the time feel justified, it definitely feels like it ran a bit over.

Bosses: What is a Zelda game without good bosses?  Skyward Sword is definitely good at nailing this down.  While several of the bosses are a bit on the easy side (including the final one), even the easiest boss is creative enough to justify a round of applause.

Y7sbd-CmiMBYkE4Vik1yYqNemERmnEi4vJd2f81XswmdaMxe3ramCjY0gRWoGKW_me7T5gAwBRAaUIAWxyiXdLcSdH3B-u4MVoqtF7YNt39fC5HSAjdH6XobtaPOWMgPeoRLEEkk7LWthkhyZYCXkUeS5w78a5OWf9JY27wgtIYGCxBQbpEZze7AMS77vTihnJDB3UtnPX1KT7pnK6jYfN1wd_TaIz-rhvwWciGX6rHJ08FPThvAss4VCWponVMAKxhEIx5wbvEs3PUC1u4oLucnHFkOik2WYA0Dd79bsi9jhK--7mN2KmW-7-BJsIGd1f-UD_yK8ixljEzwTMSPT6_4dc7MRhIEPhXbQbLPeoKfrasC8NQ5ddP62F7F4DwQmM5QMzIsR6wGhdOJcm46PQSNoF5Mo0hQT9h_tquLOWku93gnzaVDyIZSU6k9o-s7wBcIXW4IpJJSqRM__0KtGWD6MonY57crJpnoc7Kvs8fhJp9IPwaWGLiNm7njoLE78lRVRipdOrZ9D1xTkFjX8lCCs45c6OpPwZUe_qYIe7iLI3ps-Zf74K02obdk54TlXzszyLq83DY5e-4o19RNNac4Z9wEew7VexBZ408aQL3fgxMaYL0E4T4sYeWSFuTMEeY73oQ3gCIMG-GqUa8Ao_z2sKEY7lD7f8srKv2y63uKRWrNnlyV1yvb0a_8zNOO0TonyG9ME-oHR5cu-4U58_M=w1280-h720-no?authuser=0

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch 

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Finished - 54.5 hours

3) Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure - PC

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One 

5) Bayonetta - PS3 

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch

10) Army of Two - The 40th Day - 7%

Edited by willythom88
Added my list
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Arethien said:

You started it thinking it'll be bad ?? Is it really an RPG or actually a Visual Novel with RPGish elements?

Tiny subjective rant bellow. Read at your own discretion.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't mind at all ecchi games, for both genders. They of course differ in presentation, as males are focused more on visual aspect, while females more on psychological. I just would like to know beforehand it is such a game, to make an educated decision if I want to play it. Not having to actually google some videos or screenshots, while doing which I can spoil a game for myself. You can usually tell by cover art, but in some cases it's harder to distinguish. For example few actual RPGs have enough, let's generalize and call it ecchi "things" for male viewing pleasure, to make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to play it.

There's also tendency to add these additional bikini costumes and some dubious camera angles to games which beside that are pretty normal. For example Legend of Heroes does it... Horror game Zero also had additional very skimpy bikini outfits. I feel these don't belong there. It destroys game's/character's atmosphere for me. If someone want ecchi content... simply play ecchi game. Hate it being mixed in in a lot of Japanese games.

I'm happy you used word "ecchi" instead of "fan service". I really don't like that second one. I'm a fan of games and anime too, but I don't feel serviced with ecchi content designed for males.

Yeah, most of the time you only hear bad things about the game so i was prepared for worst ?

No, it is an RPG. Most of the time you are running from one point to another on the world map and have to do quests, fight enemies etc.

Spoiler

And yeah i know what you mean regarding bikini editions in RPG´s. Don´t like it either. And i don´t like it when there is to much ecchi stuff going on in games ( even if i have games where there is, Criminal Girls for example). But most of the time i look at this stuff with a funny look, like "seriously?!?!? 

• Like 1

Finished the campaign of Far Cry 3. I thought this was great, the first mainline FC game I’ve completed, I dabbled in 2 but couldn’t get into it and finished Blood Dragon and this has me looking forward to playing other games in the series. I will mop up for the platinum, need to do some outposts and a fair few collectibles still.

halfway to the platinum on Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games too. 

• Like 3

Alright, now that my list is approved, it's time to commence gaming. Forgive any formatting issues, it's a phone post. First up

Lfb2269.png

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

More like, lost in the backlog. 

Playtime: 0hrs 38mins

Trophies: 3/52 (4%) 

Summon Night 6 (from here on, SN6) boasts sizable claims from the case's back cover. Like having over 18hrs of voice overs. If that turns out to be true, then tack another point on the board against Sony's early abandonment of the Vita. It's a powerful little system. 

The back cover reads: Japan's best-kept RPG secret is finally out in English for you to enjoy. Is it an RPG? A Strategy Game? A Relationship Sim? An RTS? Like the legendary Sakura Taisen series that came before it and broke the mold, Summon Night 6 is ALL those things and more! Play the game how you want, with 3 main characters, over 100 battle scenarios, tons of amazing Summon animations, over 18 hours of spoken dialogue, and over 30 different endings! Play all of them, or play none of them and just stick this on your shelf to seem cool. We don't judge. Oh, and if all that isn't enough, this also has the largest physical manual ever for a Vita game, featuring over 70 beefy, full-color, gorgeously-illustrated pages for you to caress and enjoy. A must-have for any RPG fan! 

Their marketing department did a great job. 

Other details to note before playing is the inclusion of a proper, full color manual. To me, that shows a touch of pride. Including a printed copy long after most games have done away from the practice. It's a nice first impression, yet the 15 (0.72%) platinum & lack of guides makes me wonder what's steering everyone away from 100%? Maybe it's too niche. Maybe I'll make it into the first 50 achiever board for my version. Tune in next week - I'm just kidding. Onto my initial experience: 

Story:

I can't seem to put in a spoiler right now, but no worries though,nothing in here will contain major spoilers, it's stuff you could glean from a summary or trailer.

20210828-171227.jpg 

We drop in with Raj, a young man scavenging in a strange world where things fall from the sky, & his partner Patch, a beanie wearing floating puffball creature that can only say one word with varying emphasis. 

Raj appears to have suffered amnesia at some point as he doesn't know if he came to this world, or was already a native. Even his name was chosen by him. He takes it all in stride though, happily exploring & scavenging what frequently falls from the sky. Fortunately, Patch has a six sense for locating objects. & everything they could need to survive, or don't know they need yet, rains down. Think Sakaar from Thor: Ragnarok, minus a Grandmaster Jeff Goldblum. 

It's just the two of them adventuring & fending off the waves of creatures that coincide with these drops until one day, people fall to the world. Magna, another young man & Hasaha, his own Summon who he refers to/treats as his little sister. The giant bunny ears are a giveaway she's not exactly related though. 

Anywho, they believe they've been summoned to this world by someone. & supposedly, there's another person they were transported with they got separated from. 

20210828-171307.jpg 

That's where I'm at, the start of chapter 2, the party is now traveling (in quite a unique manner I will not say for spoiler reasons) to locate the third person. I suspect they'll then go in search of these other summons & find themselves in a world of trouble. It'd be a short, boring game if they didn't seek out the man behind the curtain after all. 

Graphics, gameplay, & pacing. Oh, my! 

20210828-171231.jpg

20210828-171235.jpg 

From a graphics standpoint, so far this game is incredible. There was one CGI cutscene during the opening (left screenshot) in line with watching an amine or like the Persona games use. Not sure yet if they'll be infrequently used for major story scenes, but other cutscenes (right screenshot) are 3D models with limited motions. You know the type, text based dialogue with voice overs. 

It's a vibrant, well polished game. The one battlefield I played in the intro was detailed in a Disgaea-esque way. 

Gameplay thus far is understandably dialogue heavy as they set up the story. Battles are turned based; allowing for limited range movement on a grid line with the typical choices of attacking, using items, or special abilities. 

20210828-171240.jpg 

The special abilities in SN6 are known as summons (think Kingdom Hearts without sticking around). Where cute creatures pop in to deal damage. I mean, look at this cucumber penguin & robot-block golem. 

20210828-171245.jpg 

20210828-171252.jpg 

Traveling consists of choosing places to visit from a 2D map overview. There's the world map & a home base, marked with colored pins to signify major story points, side story, or quests available to view/play. 

Now, I'm a bit worried about pacing. My playtime is under an hour, but I've gotten an iffy feeling after seeing the characters bring up the same points multiple times in such a short period. & going from the characters on the cover I haven't seen yet, I hope things won't be rehashed at every introduction. 

The battles look like they'll become slow too with full animations each move. I haven't dug that far into the settings yet to see if I'll be able to turn them off. On the plus side, there is an option to automate the battles (haven't tried that yet either). Overall, it's been dialogue with minimal active gameplay. It's early though, plenty of time for the game to open up more. 

The unpolished. 

One bad note,  I guess I heard right is the voice over quality. From the first word spoken it sounds off. There's attempts at an emotional range, but they fall flat like a stiff amateur hour. & it's not just the acting, it's the quality of the recording. It's hard to describe, but it's not clean & crisp. I started playing with headphones on & it's noticeable this wasn't recorded in a sound room. Without headphones ambient noise should cover up the sketchy quality. 

Now that I've started SN6, it should start taking more of my time. Feels like a long platinum though, my favorite kind. 

As for off the list gaming, it's been:

Pets (Vita) - a relaxing pet simulator with a light adventure aspect. It's no Nintendo Dogs, but I'll give them props for making it their own, & not a straight copy. 

Zuma (PS3) - I'm stuck (read as addicted) to the game's adventure & gauntlet modes. This eats up much of my gaming time. I'll sit down meaning to play for 15min or so, & by the time I've run out of lives during a run, it's been 2hrs. 

Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - chipping away at the online races & the single player campaign (which contradictory, must be played online). 

I'd like to start a Switch game from the list. It's between Pokémon Sword or Rune Factory 4, right now. Their pretty equal in my eyes, Rune Factory with it's farming, Pokémon with an open world. Both easy to get lost in. Though I worry about starting Pokémon. When I do, usually everything else gets forgotten until I burn out 50hrs+ later.

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Alright, now that my list is approved, it's time to commence gaming. Forgive any formatting issues, it's a phone post. First up

Lfb2269.png

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

More like, lost in the backlog. 

Playtime: 0hrs 38mins

Trophies: 3/52 (4%) 

Summon Night 6 (from here on, SN6) boasts sizable claims from the case's back cover. Like having over 18hrs of voice overs. If that turns out to be true, then tack another point on the board against Sony's early abandonment of the Vita. It's a powerful little system. 

really nice introduction to the game. I have the game in my backlog too. Let's see when i will manage to play it ?

Got the :platinum: for Time and Eternity yesterday. Now of to my next PS3 Game: ar norsurge

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tenzai1980 said:

really nice introduction to the game. I have the game in my backlog too. Let's see when i will manage to play it 1f605.png

Got the :platinum: for Time and Eternity yesterday. Now of to my next PS3 Game: ar norsurge

Thank you! As the back cover says, they're cool with you leaving it on the shelf B)

How did you like Time & Eternity? It was on my radar at one point. 

4 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

How did you like Time & Eternity? It was on my radar at one point.

He wrote it on current page. ↑

@Gretchen27 You can set spoiler tag on phone simply by writing in brackets [] "spoiler" where it starts and "/spoiler" where it ends.

Or choose "use PC site" in browser options on your phone.

Edited by Arethien

34 minutes ago, Arethien said:

He wrote it on current page. ↑

@Gretchen27 You can set spoiler tag on phone simply by writing in brackets [] "spoiler" where it starts and /spoiler where it ends.

Or choose "use PC site" in browser options on your phone.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to read the thread, yet.

I tried setting the desktop view, but I think with this long a post my phone was flipping out & the spoiler eye just kept disappearing before I could click it ?

A spoiler is in now. It didn't end where I set it. I'm leaving it be though. 

@willythom88 Congrats on your first clear! Nice play time. Not too short. not too long. ?

Whatever files you attached, they're not showing on neither my phone or PC.

@gazdavis11 Congrats! From what I've heard Far Cry 3 is considered the best Far Cry by many still.

Hm? I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. You've finished story and/or trophies of Far Cry 3: Classic Edition: Blood Dragon (DLC) while in this event or is that some other time reference? I've peeked at Far Cry 3: Classic Edition trophy list, but I have no idea if it even has DLC related trophies on it. Can't tell. ?

@Tenzai1980 Congrats on the plat. ?

46 minutes ago, Arethien said:

@willythom88 Congrats on your first clear! Nice play time. Not too short. not too long. 1f642.png

@gazdavis11 Congrats! From what I've heard Far Cry 3 is considered the best Far Cry by many still.

Hm? I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. You've finished story and/or trophies of Far Cry 3: Classic Edition: Blood Dragon (DLC) while in this event or is that some other time reference? I've peeked at Far Cry 3: Classic Edition trophy list, but I have no idea if it even has DLC related trophies on it. Can't tell. 1f62c.png

@Tenzai1980 Congrats on the plat. 1f642.png

Lame, getting screenshots off the switch when you don't use social medias a big pain.  I'll take a look at it.

Okay, I never would have thought to finish this one before the end of august, but ... yeah. So now the REAL last update for august.

01041ea3-6dc7-42ce-b000-65aa173e52de.png

"A Plague Tale: Innocence" - Asobo Studio

Finished Story, 0/36 -> :platinum: 36/36 (PS4)

A wonderful game with great graphic, a really nice and interesting story, good characters and a fine game play. All in all a good game that definitely deserves the second installment and the general hype about it. 

The story is settled in the 14th century in France. We play Amicia, a young girl who grew up in a noble home. After certain events the girl has to flee with her five year old brother Hugo. All alone in a country that's battling the Black Plague it's already hard enough to take care of a small child, but it's even harder when the child is also chased by the inquisition. 

I finished the story in two days and I really enjoyed it. I bought it like over a year ago and finally had the time and muse to start/finish it (thanks to this little event!).

Recommend it to everyone. It's definitely worth a shot to look into it!

6/10 games story and trophy wise. 

On 26.8.2021 at 8:24 AM, gazdavis11 said:

Finished the campaign of Far Cry 3. I thought this was great, the first mainline FC game I’ve completed, I dabbled in 2 but couldn’t get into it and finished Blood Dragon and this has me looking forward to playing other games in the series. I will mop up for the platinum, need to do some outposts and a fair few collectibles still.

Congrats!

Far Cry 3 is my all time favorite FC game.

Was my first FC game and it's still the best. Can't recommend Primal but the rest are all pretty decent. FC4 is kinda like FC3 but it's lacking on someone like Vaas and it shows xD (and Ajax isn't as likable as Jason). FC5 has a great story, the best graphics but I didn't enjoy the change in the game mechanics and I actually hated it for some time during my first play through (kinda loved it during my second one though so ...).

But if you liked it you should give the other ones definitely a shot!

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 2

On 29/08/2021 at 6:46 PM, Arethien said:

@willythom88 Congrats on your first clear! Nice play time. Not too short. not too long. 1f642.png

Hm? I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. You've finished story and/or trophies of Far Cry 3: Classic Edition: Blood Dragon (DLC) while in this event or is that some other time reference? I've peeked at Far Cry 3: Classic Edition trophy list, but I have no idea if it even has DLC related trophies on it. Can't tell. 1f62c.png

@Tenzai1980 Congrats on the plat. 1f642.png

Yeah I played Blood Dragon way back on the PS3, not related to this event.

• Like 1

August 2021 summary for everyone! 1f381.png

We have 8 active, 1 new, 11 in total participants and 18 this month, 33 in total played games/DLCs so far.

Casual Event Spreadsheet

Leaderboard:

Place Participant Points Trophy Country
1 (08) milk-aholic 14 :gold: ??
2 (02) Spinacheq 11 :silver: ??
3 (03) Tenzai1980 5.5 :bronze: ??
4 (06) sindrics 5 :hidden: ??
5 (01) Arethien 3.5 :hidden: ??
6 (04) willythom88 1 :hidden: ??
6 (09) gazdavis11 1 :hidden: ??
6 (10) cjninja125 1 :hidden: ??
9 (05) Kishnabe 0 :dunno: ??
9 (07) AffectatiousDonk 0 :dunno: ??
9 (11) Gretchen27 0 :highfive: ??

I didn't make dangos, just donuts again ?. They look even worse than before ?. I thought that with more data it'll look better, but... Google Sheets are not advanced enough. Maybe I'll move to Excel next time... ?

Participants-08-2021.jpg

Platforms-08-2021.jpg

Platforms-07-08-2021.jpg

Genres-08-2021.jpg

Genres-07-08-2021.jpg

*Genre names are not in any way official or standardized. They're decided by me and highly subjective.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 2

Finally something to post 1 story completion, below.

Scarlett Nexus (XsX)

I am not entirely sure how many hours I spent with this gem, the profile says 49hrs, my console 330hrs (thanks to the constant running time with quick resume). My best guess is probably around 60hrs. There is alot that could be said about this game from the style that simply oozes out of the screen thru the vibrant colour that bleeds a bright red constantly reminding you the strong ties to Anime that the game does nothing to shy away from. The clever rendering of cutscenes in gameplay engine to seamlessly move between narrative to boss fight is a lovely touch that heightens the immersion and illustrates the toil Bandai put into crafting this labor of love. The two lead characters are both unique, flawed, hot as a wet dream, like take them in the back room and do the nasty nasty hot, misunderstood but noticeably lacking the oversaturated teen angst so common in today's Triple A to Indies desire to appeal to the anti conformist but totally conformed younger generation. But while this game has the trappings to draw many a degenerate with its flashing lights, constant stimulation and underlying arousal it demands an understanding of combat, flow, timing and enemy learning to navigate through the numerous dungeons that increase in hardness and length. Stamina conservation becomes an important tool in maintaining peak performance that would move beyond a mere button mashers rough calloused hands or a young somethings flick of the wrists premature shot. The feeling of linking the various combos and shifting mid thrust between powers of which there are many may be akin to a better balanced Control. Once mastered though the euphoric orgasm of dopamine transcends mere pushing buttons and pulling the nob around to one of total immersion and ultimate satisfaction. I imagine it is akin to the 1 second of pure joy many of the spam trophy hunters on here feel as they pop the 8th stack of the weekly Ratalaika. But unlike the quick pull and watery discharge of a spam plat this game continues to drive you into a promised land of hypersensitivity and mindfulness as you become one with the character. Not without its flaws to be expected the general length may be a tad long to get your mouth around but nothing great ever came in a small package. The story was a delightful diversion that increasingly sort depth not commonly found in the hack n slash genre leaving me both confused and knowing as only a great non mainstream JRPG can do. So should you play this game ? Well of course but the reality is it is a game that demands focus, precision, stamina, the ability to no when to push on and when to pull out and above all a superior high performing tool. With this in mind your enjoyment of this game will most likely be tied up in the place you choose to inhabit it, and for that there is only one place. The home it was built for, the Xbox Series X.

Rating 10/10 

Quotable Quote  :" Bandai will bring you to your knees like the Sony censorship board and beg you to take everything that have to offer in a game that knows when to squeeze and just how hard to knock the top off "

Link for Proof     https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Scarlet-Nexus/achievements?gamerid=613386

• Like 2

@gazdavis11 Congrats! You got first new month clear.

@AffectatiousDonk Congrats on your first event clear! Pretty hot review ?.

I fixed a little both summaries, as font size and resolution was unbearable.

I updated July data with late posters, but probably won't be doing that every time, so please post before month ends.

Please remember that I'm a day ahead of most people here, so last day of a month in US and EU is probably already after I made a summary.

• Like 1